Mephisto Genetics White Triangle & Sour Blues with Biotabs and Autopots

Agreed haha - He looks like a soil pro ... Am i right EyEs?? (do it!!)

I think i read @Biotabs F69 advising to use 3 tabs in 15 litre straight coco ... i could be wrong though. Not heard of anyone crushing them - but i did ask mephisto before getting them whether i should crush them in - they told me:

We just pop the tabs in whole. It then takes about a week for them to become fully activated and releasing nutrients.
You can grind them up (not something we do) and I think they will activate more quickly but also the nutrients are used up more quickly

It's worked a charm so far, and they take things seriously! I'm just following the advice :D
I think I will be putting three in coco / perlite without crushing. I pop seeds directly in my coco so there should be plenty of time for the tabs to become active.

I think I will be putting three in coco without crushing. I pop seeds directly in my coco so there should be plenty of time for the tabs to become active.
Hmm it's a bit of a puzzler with coco! I'm using biobizz lightmix soil (for a change) and know the seedlings can last 20 days plus with nothing but water.

As you say, it's a trial and error. I have no idea if the biotabs all being activated at the same time too close to a seedling would burn .... I just don't know - never really tried this method (it's as close to organic as i've been).

I do know that at 7 days, a seedling in coco can look underfed if not tended well ... but for me, tending well would have mean A&B, Rhizotonic, and ph&ec checked. That's not the easy biotabs way :rofl:

Hmm it's a bit of a puzzler with coco! I'm using biobizz lightmix soil (for a change) and know the seedlings can last 20 days plus with nothing but water.

As you say, it's a trial and error. I have no idea if the biotabs all being activated at the same time too close to a seedling would burn .... I just don't know - never really tried this method (it's as close to organic as i've been).

I do know that at 7 days, a seedling in coco can look underfed if not tended well ... but for me, tending well would have mean A&B, Rhizotonic, and ph&ec checked. That's not the easy biotabs way :rofl:
I will still be tempted to give the pot a good soaking with recharge and cal/mag.

well biotabs states to add them whole,crushing them messes with the whole breakdown method and feeding characteristics of the tabs themselves. so dont crush them. it\'ll possibly throw stuff out of whack and burn or singe your seedlings in time. maybe. but 1 tablet for every 5 litres of soil 3 gallons is what? 12 litres rounded up? 2.5 tabs at most as per the instructions.I used two myself. if I need to hit a mellow tea no worries but I dont think I will.

and if they were crushed and spread out over the surface of the pot even more leary imho. they touch the decaying tablet and hopefully not get too pissed off lol

Mephisto ... Biotabs ... & Eyes say don't crush them.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT a good idea to crush them!! :rofl:
It's confirmed and decided!

No Crushing (..... Jenny Knew!!)

Mephisto ... Biotabs ... & Eyes say don't crush them.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT a good idea to crush them!! :rofl:
It's confirmed and decided!

No Crushing (..... Jenny Knew!!)

LOL, actually some good grow advice in that video. "Don't over analyze and don't go too deep"

LOL, actually some good grow advice in that video. "Don't over analyze and don't go too deep"

"it doesn't take a scientist to understand what's going on - baby!"

:rofl: ..... but maybe it does!! .... But we shouldn't be concerned if our plants grow! - She's so wise!
:rofl:

"it doesn't take a scientist to understand what's going on - baby!"

:rofl: ..... but maybe it does!! .... But we shouldn't be concerned if our plants grow! - She's so wise!
:rofl:
Lot wiser than that grow shop guy with his dead tomatoes. :crying:What a waste of BioTabs and autopots.

FWIW, Kees from Biotabs told me specifically to crush a tablet when using Coco. Without crushing one up, they do not work fast enough for the plant when in Coco. Maybe you should ask Kees or another member of the Biotabs crew if you have questions. The plants that I started crushing a tablet in are much larger. But again, I am using Coco...And the developer of Biotabs himself is the source of the advice. I think Biotabs have a lot of potential and will make a lot of people very happy. However, I have been growing for 20 years and I am not sure that Biotabs will pull the same yields that I am used to. Feeding just water is amazing and reduces labor by a ton. Unfortunately it Will take more experimenting to dial Biotabs into Coco. Good luck

Newsflash :D It seems coco requires a bit more prep on the biotabs! ^_^

FWIW, Kees from Biotabs told me specifically to crush a tablet when using Coco

I'm not sure why i'd go back to coco if the results come good in soil - I went to coco initially as it's inert and what i feed it is what the plants get (or so i thought) - made things simpler in my mind ... but now!??! Healthy happy plants with no stress! I'm back to the soil!

Update in a few minutes:

Abuse DID happen!

Back