The green dragon I have been growing. And the eth extract I just pulled. Lovely color she has
And into the hot bath.
Hope to have this done before fights. To use the oil for my super joint tonight
IMG_20170826_154900.jpg
IMG_20170826_165521.jpg
15037849313321178147778.jpg

pop22 did some more digging up on decarbing,easy to remember for the uk people 110c for 110 minutes.if i got that wrong i will blame being stoned.
:pighug:
110 C for 110 min equates to 230 F for 110 min for us non-metric users.
Decarb can happen at a variety of time/temp combos. Here are a few:
212 F 120 min
230 F 60 min (110 min is much too long)
240 F 40 min
248 F 30 min
266 F 16 min
284 F 8 min
Length of time needed to decarb is very temperature dependent.
Note the 33% increase in time when comparing 240 F with 248 F.
Most ovens won't get it exactly right, because temps can fluctuate wildly, but they can come close.
I bought the Ardent Lift decarboxlyator (clone of Nova) to avoid this decarb hassle.

110 C for 110 min equates to 230 F for 110 min for us non-metric users.
Decarb can happen at a variety of time/temp combos. Here are a few:
212 F 120 min
230 F 60 min (110 min is much too long)
240 F 40 min
248 F 30 min
266 F 16 min
284 F 8 min
Length of time needed to decarb is very temperature dependent.
Note the 33% increase in time when comparing 240 F with 248 F.
Most ovens won't get it exactly right, because temps can fluctuate wildly, but they can come close.
I bought the Ardent Lift decarboxlyator (clone of Nova) to avoid this decarb hassle.
Am i understanding correctly that any of these temp/time combos will have the same decarbed result if the oven doesn't fluctuate too much .. i may be wrong but, isnt there a "sweet spot" of time temp that we are looking for where the decarb process is optimized?? The goal should be best temp/time for best potency right? There may be certain situations where maybe the highest THC content is not desired but certain cbd levels, in which case, knowing how the temp/time curve affects those levels would be most important for a final product... lemme throw this out there... could a high thc strain be decarbed to rhe point that the only thing left is cbd, i know this is prolly rhetorical because if a high cbd level is needes, you should start with a high cbd/low rhc strain, but in theory, would that be correct????

Am i understanding correctly that any of these temp/time combos will have the same decarbed result if the oven doesn't fluctuate too much .. i may be wrong but, isnt there a "sweet spot" of time temp that we are looking for where the decarb process is optimized?? The goal should be best temp/time for best potency right? There may be certain situations where maybe the highest THC content is not desired but certain cbd levels, in which case, knowing how the temp/time curve affects those levels would be most important for a final product... lemme throw this out there... could a high thc strain be decarbed to rhe point that the only thing left is cbd, i know this is prolly rhetorical because if a high cbd level is needes, you should start with a high cbd/low rhc strain, but in theory, would that be correct????

You are correct. There is no single best decarb time/temp combo, and they all work about the same.

For the same temp, cbd takes almost twice as much time to decarb as thc.

Careful with over-decarbing, because it will create more cbn. I once did a double decarb with a regular strain to see what effect cbn would have on me, and instead of making me sleepy like everyone says, it made me slightly jittery. Personally, I'd decarb a high cbd strain just like a regular strain, unless the ratio of cbd/thc is large. New research is discovering the value of un-decarbed thc-a and cbd-a, so having a mixture of cbd-a and cbd would suit me. We can also decarb high cbd, low thc strains and low cbd, high thc strains separately, then mix them.

You are correct. There is no single best decarb time/temp combo, and they all work about the same.

For the same temp, cbd takes almost twice as much time to decarb as thc.

Careful with over-decarbing, because it will create more cbn. I once did a double decarb with a regular strain to see what effect cbn would have on me, and instead of making me sleepy like everyone says, it made me slightly jittery. Personally, I'd decarb a high cbd strain just like a regular strain, unless the ratio of cbd/thc is large. New research is discovering the value of un-decarbed thc-a and cbd-a, so having a mixture of cbd-a and cbd would suit me. We can also decarb high cbd, low thc strains and low cbd, high thc strains separately, then mix them.
Awesome.. very interesting.. and this info comes at a time i need it most, I will be growing high cbd strains and will be extracting/reducing it to help my 12 yr old pup with age related RA and other pains. I welcome you to AFN .. and feel free to post extract/eth info, pics, processes here(in this thread) or you are welcome to start another.. we keep a good vibe so info can flow freely.... peace

Yeah this thread is awesome im keen to try it at some point, i have some dinafem industrial plant CBD I've heard has good cbd levels might be worth a go with?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Woo hoo i will say this!!! I have used the 248 for 28 minutes and rhis is rhe wax/oil that will put a heavyweight person down for two days.. (one full day and one to recover)

Back