I was bored because I pretty much just read the Mephisto board and it was getting old. Then I found this sticky thread. Wow. I'm sub'd, but probably a long time too late. I guess I'll have to read the 90 odd pages and catch up on what's happening.

Maybe I'll come up with some Xmas ideas for my kids. I was going to ask for a bottle of everclear, but maybe I'll want to get some lab devices instead!
I used to be in the mephisto sub cat. Then i was introduced to some more of afn. Its a big world here lol. Cheers bruddah. Tag me any time you have a question. If i don't know. I might know some one who does.

Reading this thread will get you started on eth extraction, its a great help! But safety is extremely important when using eth. Its volitale
yeah safety always has to be [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] or ya will never get to enjoy your product if ya blow yourself up and half your neighborhood!:pass::hookah:

ok, another stupid question.

When making green dragon with high test everclear/rum the soak can last many minutes or even hours because of the water bath and it comes out loaded with green chlorophyll. And you don't reduce it down all the way like you do with QISO. Its only reduced by half and then you drink it or take it orally.

But when you use ISO alcohol which I assume is not food grade you only want to soak it for a minute or two and it will hopefully be honey colored, not green. And its supposed to be extracted enough such that you're getting most of the THC etc out.

So why wouldn't an green dragon extract be really short too?

ok, another stupid question.

When making green dragon with high test everclear/rum the soak can last many minutes or even hours because of the water bath and it comes out loaded with green chlorophyll. And you don't reduce it down all the way like you do with QISO. Its only reduced by half and then you drink it or take it orally.

But when you use ISO alcohol which I assume is not food grade you only want to soak it for a minute or two and it will hopefully be honey colored, not green. And its supposed to be extracted enough such that you're getting most of the THC etc out.

So why wouldn't an green dragon extract be really short too?
DO NOT EAT ISO
That shit is bad to eat. At least in the states. Supposedly ok for smoking. But I'm not a fan. Personal pref on the smoking. @archie gemmill is well knowledged in iso. Hear he even has a way of purifying it better? Might be mixing up a few guys.

But my question is. Are you interested in making dabs or tincture? Or edible dabs to do what ever with?

Only make anything you're going to injest orally with food grade alcohol. Never iso. The filler i believe is toxic if eaten. But this could be my bro science kicking in again

sure I get that you can only eat food grade. But why is a tincture soak so long compared to QISO? That part I don't get.

I like eating coco oil infusion and just eating the oil without adding to food. I like making QISO for smoking but I want to find a way to vaporize it without spending lots of money. And I like the green dragon as well. I prefer all of that over smoking joints for sure. But I do enjoy vaping a dried flower as well.

sure I get that you can only eat food grade. But why is a tincture soak so long compared to QISO? That part I don't get.

I like eating coco oil infusion and just eating the oil without adding to food. I like making QISO for smoking but I want to find a way to vaporize it without spending lots of money. And I like the green dragon as well. I prefer all of that over smoking joints for sure. But I do enjoy vaping a dried flower as well.
Ok. This may help. Qw. Stands for quick wash.
That tech is used for highest quality of dabs with least amount of chlorophyll.
You can qw with eth to get that same dabbing product. The soaking is to get EVERYTHING out if it. As the green is only harsh to smoke. More potent for tinctures.

Back