I thought I could offer a few ideas, One I use what is called a solvent still head on top of a 3000 ml round bottom boiling flask in sand bath on the stove top. This apparatus collects all the spirits/solvent when used with a vacuum pump I can boil off the eth @ 40°c zero decarb and zero loss of terps. For about $200-250 you can have a lab quality solvent still. The second thing I do is I winterize right after filtering said solvent wash and freeze before running I filter again to strain out waxes and such that solidified.

This is the best Value Lab glass you can get out of china $135 usd for the 1000ml head, the same thing from Dow Corning will be $800. A condenser goes on top and knocks back all the vapor to liquid and you take it off through the lower petcock valve much better than the unit for $600 on earlier pages.

HMS010500.jpg

Or go all out and do short path distillation .... $$$ though!

Awesome.. very interesting.. and this info comes at a time i need it most, I will be growing high cbd strains and will be extracting/reducing it to help my 12 yr old pup with age related RA and other pains. I welcome you to AFN .. and feel free to post extract/eth info, pics, processes here(in this thread) or you are welcome to start another.. we keep a good vibe so info can flow freely.... peace

There's a company in the northwest called "Barking Mad" which makes CBD dog treats. My young dog doesn't need them, but a friend's ageing arthritic pit-bull is on them and gets chased around like a puppy on good days.

There's a company in the northwest called "Barking Mad" which makes CBD dog treats. My young dog doesn't need them, but a friend's ageing arthritic pit-bull is on them and gets chased around like a puppy on good days.
I'll check it out.. Thank You.. my pup has been showing improvement, but, she licked her front leg and made a hot spot now and has that leg all swelled up, Im gonna have to get her some AB's to get the swelling down.. shes still in great spirits and loves CBD/oil time!! I know shell love cbd pup treat time!!!

I would like to participate in this old discussion; I'm just getting into decarbing (with the Nova) and making tinctures. AMAZING all the dfiferent capacities this plant has to interact with our ECS!!!!

I would like to participate in this old discussion; I'm just getting into decarbing (with the Nova) and making tinctures. AMAZING all the dfiferent capacities this plant has to interact with our ECS!!!!
Feel free to post away. I love some good extracts!

Welcome to afn! Lots of information here, the medical section is full of great stuff

I thought I could offer a few ideas, One I use what is called a solvent still head on top of a 3000 ml round bottom boiling flask in sand bath on the stove top. This apparatus collects all the spirits/solvent when used with a vacuum pump I can boil off the eth @ 40°c zero decarb and zero loss of terps. For about $200-250 you can have a lab quality solvent still. The second thing I do is I winterize right after filtering said solvent wash and freeze before running I filter again to strain out waxes and such that solidified.

This is the best Value Lab glass you can get out of china $135 usd for the 1000ml head, the same thing from Dow Corning will be $800. A condenser goes on top and knocks back all the vapor to liquid and you take it off through the lower petcock valve much better than the unit for $600 on earlier pages.

HMS010500.jpg

Or go all out and do short path distillation .... $$$ though!

That looks a lot more complicated than ISO oils making Everclear tincture. Is whatever that is doable for the average AFN extractor guy? Are you saying that device can be used by anyone to make some amazing extract?

I was bored because I pretty much just read the Mephisto board and it was getting old. Then I found this sticky thread. Wow. I'm sub'd, but probably a long time too late. I guess I'll have to read the 90 odd pages and catch up on what's happening.

Maybe I'll come up with some Xmas ideas for my kids. I was going to ask for a bottle of everclear, but maybe I'll want to get some lab devices instead!

Back