I'll also backtrack through the thread to see if I'm missing anything. I'm straining with cheesecloth into the brown filters also.
The last I ran was with iso it wasn't bad, taste wasn't how I like it. I also had that thin half of the oil that flaked a lot but it was great sprinkling on joints and cigarillos and topping off one hitter lol

Very nice bro.. I see your point of the fresh and dry.. I say go for it.. it will work, no doubt about that.. i cant wait to see the finish.... strains can have different properties as far as releasing the oil... sometime the fresh frozen will give more.. from my experience tho, the fresh/live extract is hard to beat for flavor and terpene profile... and the better thing about dried and cured is that, there is less chance for chlorophyll pickup... one step i dont always show is a low heat oven dry of the jarred stuff to further remove any moisture ..

@budelee apologies, fighting a cold. I didn't do fresh and dry, just dry. Used 1 quart Mason jar, filtered using cheesecloth (4ply), and unbleached coffee filter. Used the sun to be safe and caught it in the end to purge some. Ended up with 3.32gs. Still had some of the flakey stuff where it was thinner on that side, next time I'm going to slightly elevated one end. I believe I'm getting better though. Kinda looks like a turd but smells and taste good, definitely gets you where you want to go lol
IMG_20170818_191141.jpg

@budelee apologies, fighting a cold. I didn't do fresh and dry, just dry. Used 1 quart Mason jar, filtered using cheesecloth (4ply), and unbleached coffee filter. Used the sun to be safe and caught it in the end to purge some. Ended up with 3.32gs. Still had some of the flakey stuff where it was thinner on that side, next time I'm going to slightly elevated one end. I believe I'm getting better though. Kinda looks like a turd but smells and taste good, definitely gets you where you want to go lol
View attachment 793828
Awesome bro!!! Yes you will create your own process and it will be quick, and easy,:worship::worship: excellent work:slap: have one of these .. and @Rebel will get you an "eth badge"

Awesome bro!!! Yes you will create your own process and it will be quick, and easy,:worship::worship: excellent work:slap: have one of these .. and @Rebel will get you an "eth badge"
Thanks boss. You inspire me. I did order the Kindle version of Beyond Buds too. Haven't gone through it all yet of course. I'm thinking I might be addicted to making it. Lol I love making butter, but this is different lol

Thanks boss. You inspire me. I did order the Kindle version of Beyond Buds too. Haven't gone through it all yet of course. I'm thinking I might be addicted to making it. Lol I love making butter, but this is different lol
heres the original paper that set me on the right path,i posted it before but i know its buried..beyond buds has many awesome tips and shortcuts while having some top knowledge.Not to knock the book,but there is a few typos about decarb temps and times so still do some double checking..https://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

heres the original paper that set me on the right path,i posted it before but i know its buried..beyond buds has many awesome tips and shortcuts while having some top knowledge.Not to knock the book,but there is a few typos about decarb temps and times so still do some double checking..https://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/
Thanks I'll definitely check it out.
The book is pretty good. I've read conflicting things in many, so I try and cross reference and research more, thanks for the tip too.
@Rebel thanks for the badge bud. Hope all is well with you, been awhile.

Thanks I'll definitely check it out.
The book is pretty good. I've read conflicting things in many, so I try and cross reference and research more, thanks for the tip too.
@Rebel thanks for the badge bud. Hope all is well with you, been awhile.

Never a problem! Could be better, could be worse lol we're hanging in! Thanks for asking! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Back