Lighting What's the best lighting cycle for autos - 24/0, 20/4 or 18/6

What is the best lighting cycle for autos?

• Total voters
What does DLI stand for? Direct light intensity comes to me but that is just a guess.

How can I use DLI to my advantage? Thank you POPS22

That's what I and many others are trying to figure out. What I'm hoping to see is conformation of Big Sm0's less is more theory lol! His grows fly in the face of the old concept of more light is good, and too mush is just enough! I think maybe a good way to sum up DLI simply is, there is a maximum amount of photons a plant can process, which also indicated there is a maximum constant level and we all may be using more light than we need.
I've also recently read that plants under artificial light still respond as though sun just rose, taking up to 15 minutes to become fully active. Maybe those controllers that create a "sunrise-sunset" may not be so silly after all!

How can I use DLI to my advantage? Thank you POPS22

! I think maybe a good way to sum up DLI simply is, there is a maximum amount of photons a plant can process, which also indicated there is a maximum constant level and we all may be using more light than we need.

I was talking to one of the Amare guys (Anthony, not Vic) and he was saying that genetics also play in the role of how much a plant can uptake for light, citing that certain strains have a much larger threshold than others for DLI. Maybe just like nutrients, some plants uptake different than others, some phenos feed different than others, etc.

Oh this is good.. I'll be back to comment.
The sun goes through many phases from sun up to down. Photons change at different times and more colors at different times. The phases we should look at dawn, noon, and dusk.

I've just read the same thing. A company called PL Lighting has some great info. I emailed and asked permission to post the information here.

Or it can be read here:

http://pllight.com/demystifying-light-levels-cannabis-grows/

I was talking to one of the Amare guys (Anthony, not Vic) and he was saying that genetics also play in the role of how much a plant can uptake for light, citing that certain strains have a much larger threshold than others for DLI. Maybe just like nutrients, some plants uptake different than others, some phenos feed different than others, etc.

Back