Lighting What's the best lighting cycle for autos - 24/0, 20/4 or 18/6

What is the best lighting cycle for autos?

• Total voters
The light cycle doesn't matter, what matter is the light amount of PAR received and DLI requirement. Nobody seem to know what DLI is for auto's and that could be strain dependent too.
Personally I run 22 cobs in 3 groups 18/6 staggered so 2 groups is always on in the flower tent, for a DLI of between 30 - 45 mol in the canopy. Yep, it varies a lot with distance and angle.
I have 4 PAR meters with daily DLI measurements and none the wiser so far what is optimal. I'm winging it by eye for now, and I always have some 25 amnesias going at various stages plus the odd new and old strains.
In the grow tents it's 24/0 and there's usually 1 or 2 plants going all the way to harvest there, with DLI of 20 - 35 at canopy, and there is no difference in growth and yield I think with the same strain. The lower DLI is because of lower wattage/area used in the grow tents.

This thread is moot and full of speculation I think, speaking of light cycle is very misleading and pretty useless.

This is what flower tent look like at the moment with the staggered 18/6, average about 300w/m2, all these are seedstockers amnesia, 1,2 - 1,9 m tall, okdest ones are 59 days, 12 plants in a 150 x 300 x 220 tent View attachment 952652

View attachment 952660

This is some of the grow tents running 24/0 at about 200 w/m2View attachment 952654

I've been working on getting some of our lighting vendors (the engineers) to explain DLI more intricately to us; we've had a few offers, just need to setup the time. Love the direction though man! :d5:

WE'll take all the help we can get lol!

What we also need is science based info on DLI for Cannabis. Seems most tests are done with Lettuce......... about time someone took a look at high value crops... like Cannabis! We would be able to better tailor or lighting to meet our plants need. With a DLI for our strain or even a general applicable to Cannabis, and knowing the PAR of our particular light(s), we could adjust the light cycle to be the most efficient for both the plants and our budget!

I've been working on getting some of our lighting vendors (the engineers) to explain DLI more intricately to us; we've had a few offers, just need to setup the time. Love the direction though man! :d5:

Haha, thank you man, I don't live in a state but in a country with coffee shops
I have just one desire in my life.. To visit your County.,.Or Should i say Town...And yes to have sex with bLack woman.. And yes some Gilf.
If they busted someone in Cro with gear like your he would be Front Line on 19;30 TV NewS!! pRIME tImE DUDE..

Much Love and respect to you from Balkan. Place where God has turned hes back to sanity..

And yes @pop22 WtF is DLI ?? First time hearing..

Here you go!

https://www.maximumyield.com/definition/3045/daily-light-integral-dli

QUOTE="CoviklaFlaire, post: 1894171, member: 35752"]I have just one desire in my life.. To visit your County.,.Or Should i say Town...And yes to have sex with bLack woman.. And yes some Gilf.
If they busted someone in Cro with gear like your he would be Front Line on 19;30 TV NewS!! pRIME tImE DUDE..

Much Love and respect to you from Balkan. Place where God has turned hes back to sanity..

And yes @pop22 WtF is DLI ?? First time hearing..[/QUOTE]

Regardless, 18 Hours ON and 6 Off is my preferred option. Unless you live on the Equator where it is 12/12.................lucky git's (perfect)?

My bucket list of countries to visit is huge......................and I've been around the world!

:bighug:

:peace:

MikeyB

Last edited:
I have just one desire in my life.. To visit your County.,.Or Should i say Town...And yes to have sex with bLack woman.. And yes some Gilf.

If you ever get in trouble over the border give me a shout my friend, Mr Covic is a family friend.

Here you go!

https://www.maximumyield.com/definition/3045/daily-light-integral-dli

QUOTE="CoviklaFlaire, post: 1894171, member: 35752"]I have just one desire in my life.. To visit your County.,.Or Should i say Town...And yes to have sex with bLack woman.. And yes some Gilf.

[/QUOTE]
Does this not support the argument for preferred light cycles? Longer cycle would equal a higher DLI per day dependant on what PAR each light was putting out. If you had a light that was putting out too much DLI for a specific strain you could then reduce the light cycle or am I too high right now?? :pass:

Does this not support the argument for preferred light cycles? Longer cycle would equal a higher DLI per day dependant on what PAR each light was putting out. If you had a light that was putting out too much DLI for a specific strain you could then reduce the light cycle or am I too high right now?? :pass:[/QUOTE]

You get it man :thumbsup:

All this cycle talk is just chitchat and gossip :crying:

Does this not support the argument for preferred light cycles? Longer cycle would equal a higher DLI per day dependant on what PAR each light was putting out. If you had a light that was putting out too much DLI for a specific strain you could then reduce the light cycle or am I too high right now?? :pass:

You get it man :thumbsup:

All this cycle talk is just chitchat and gossip :crying:[/QUOTE]
I will light another then:smoking: :bighug:

Back