Lighting What's the best lighting cycle for autos - 24/0, 20/4 or 18/6

What is the best lighting cycle for autos?

• Total voters
No, you are not high @Tony21

Makes sense to myself and a few others, I may have been pedantic about 12/12 regime but, having lived in equatorial zones in my life and seen the continuous growth cycles locals grow the herb.............it beggars belief!

:pass:

MikeyB

I have just one desire in my life.. To visit your County.,.Or Should i say Town...And yes to have sex with bLack woman.. And yes some Gilf.
If they busted someone in Cro with gear like your he would be Front Line on 19;30 TV NewS!! pRIME tImE DUDE..

Much Love and respect to you from Balkan. Place where God has turned hes back to sanity..

And yes @pop22 WtF is DLI ?? First time hearing..

Hahaha thank you man, I'll be sure to wear a wig and sunglasses when I come to your country My neighbor is from your country, man, his grandmothers slivovitch is something else, eye watering :yoinks:

The deal with DLI is using the right amount of power, not too much or little.

Last edited:
The deal with DLI is using the amount of power not too much or little.

:pighug:

MikeyB

I've been working on getting some of our lighting vendors (the engineers) to explain DLI more intricately to us; we've had a few offers, just need to setup the time. Love the direction though man! :d5:
That would be very very cool man, and about time instead of this cycle nonsense

It will be interesting to see if any of the engineers have a good idea. It's not just raw DLI, the spectrum composition of the DLI may play a role too.
Any light makers who have invested in DLI research considered this proprietary info, Osram/Philips is one, and I don't think any of the LED vendors on here has any own knowledge or real in-house research going, but cool if I'm wrong.

I beg to differ.............Although

as you may think/say @Toni21 "I don't think any of the LED vendors on here has any own knowledge or real in-house research going, but cool if I'm wrong."

I would like to see a reply from Daniel at @GrowNorthern on this subject?

:redcross:

:peace:

MikeyB

EDIT: sorry once again I'm stoned and have trouble re-editing my posts! But, he can sort you out!

Hahaha thank you man, I'll be sure to wear a wig and sunglasses when I come to your country My neighbor is from your country, man, his grandmothers slivovitch is something else, eye watering :yoinks:

The deal with DLI is using the right amount of power, not too much or little.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: every one love's Rakija :bighug::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.. My favorite is from Pear it's called Viljamovka... If you see it anywhere try it..

I beg to differ.............Although

as you may think/say @Toni21 "I don't think any of the LED vendors on here has any own knowledge or real in-house research going, but cool if I'm wrong."

I would like to see a reply from Daniel at @GrowNorthern on this subject?

:redcross:

MikeyB

EDIT: sorry once again I'm stoned and have trouble re-editing my posts! But, he can sort you out!

Cool, I actually have a couple of grow Northern lights, excellent gear for vegging. I sure would like to get sorted, so if Daniel can help with independent and peer reviewed DLI info, very cool.

That would be very very cool man, and about time instead of this cycle nonsense

It will be interesting to see if any of the engineers have a good idea. It's not just raw DLI, the spectrum composition of the DLI may play a role too.
Any light makers who have invested in DLI research considered this proprietary info, Osram/Philips is one, and I don't think any of the LED vendors on here has any own knowledge or real in-house research going, but cool if I'm wrong.

I'd be willing to bet many of them know what it is at the very least; and I know for sure several of them are more than qualified to talk about it (maybe not their sales team, but most these companies have an engineer behind them and THOSE guys usually do know their stuff.) Amare, Cobshop, VividGro, all of them have said they'd help touch base on it; what I'd be more curious if how close the explanations are from everyone (if the science is on point and everyone is saying the same thing, that speaks volumes.) I'd love to see the lighting community say "look, this much, we CAN agree on."

Lighting in a grow tent is a personal choice of money over realistic values (grams per watt, maybe?) and in the end an affordable equation!

LLED over HPS?

There has been much debate in the GN thread on the AFN Forum over the past few years, took me a few years to be convinced and I still believe 18/6 is the best overall!

We all live and learn from mistakes (hopefully?) to maximise our own yields and maybe being a photon geek, I know these lights are more than capable!. DLI is/can be a subject as brought up here on this thread .....................................hang on WTF is DLI? Sorry for being pedantic but, each to their own growing schedules??

Soz, stoned again

:pass:

:cools:

MikeyB

Back