What are the odds?

buildaflower top dress kit had a recipe change due to supply issues according to bas. Its still good, but one plant did show signs of calcium deficiency. But to be fair I ran out of molasses a month ago and have been too busy to buy more, so I dosed the plants with organic calmag and dolomite and it stopped the deficiency from progressing immediately... Just a heads up if anyone runs into a finicky plant...Be on top of your calcium availability in mid flower. Not blaming buildaflower, but thats the only thing thats changed. (and the molasses :eyebrows:)

*******Build-A-Flower is available again!!. Malibu Compost was delayed in reaching us, causing production delays on the Build-A-Flower, so the recipe has changed.

Build A Flower Top Dress kit
Â

3 Types of Compost + Added Minerals.Â

Top dress handfuls across soil surface before/during flowering.Â

Increased Yield is often related to the health of the plant. To have a healthy plant, the soil must be in top shape. Many expensive flowering nutrients are based on sugars and complex carbohydrates that are a waste of money. The Build-A-Flower Top Dress kit is a well rounded and complete approach to flowering. With one top dress you effectively add all the nutrients and micro-nutrients required for a healthy soil.Â

In the Recipe:
Oly Mountain Fish Compost, BuildASoil Worm Castings, Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Diamond K Ag Gypsum, Soft Rock Phosphate, Thorvin Icelandic Kelp Meal, Terviva Karanja Cake, BuildASoil Pre Charged Bio-char with Rootwise Mycrobe Complete.

GL
Thanks for the encouragement, advice and the update on BAS BAF. I'm going to do my best to keep 'em healthy, happy and loved.

EASY 6 oz!
Look at this thread. I do need to update a few things, still good info.
I've read your thread probably 6 times at different levels of my enlightenment. It's amazing how deep this well is and I've really enjoyed learning from you and others here.
It's strange that before I started posting and power-lurking, I just found particular posts about whatever I was searching for and didn't really associate it with the many characters here. Now, I'm really coming to understand the various branches of wisdom as they relate to the local denizens of AFN and I'm so grateful that you all share all this expertise so freely. You've made me confident enough to give this a try and I'm an old guy who has wanted to do this since Jr. High School...

LOL! I just realized something. If the OP is talking about regular Earthboxes, he's gonna have fitment problems. in a 2x4 tent.
EB Jrs and we're rocking
You are right. I currently have a brand-spankin' new Junior. I'm not sure if I'll get a regular or another Jr. Any thoughts?
2 juniors or one of each?

juniors unless you plan on upgrading your tent

So far, I have Mephisto Northern Cheese Haze, some Sour/Forum Stomper freebies, Dutch Passion Auto Blue, Critical Orange Punch and Cinderella Jack. Additionally I was a lucky winner in the Holiday Musing thread, so I have something coming at some point, but I don't know what, perhaps some SSSC seeds?
I plan to run two strains and hope for at least one succeeding. If I dropped them today it would be NCH and Blueberry probably, but I'm open to suggestions.
I have a sour stomper going right now but she’s only 21 days old, can’t speak on yields. But you have some good beans probably can’t go wrong with any of them.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll grab a good pH pen.
It's useful info, but if you have a steady water supply that's good for canna, it's really only useful if problems arise to eliminate the possibility of it being your water. The only pHing I've done in many months has been by ferments and EM1 activation and that was with pH paper.
It's just not that important in what you plan to do.

Last edited:
I have a sour stomper going right now but she’s only 21 days old, can’t speak on yields. But you have some good beans probably can’t go wrong with any of them.
Green pheno can be bigger than the purple. A small girl, but VERY productive for it's size and the buds are just insane with frost, firmness and high. Very easy girl to grow and trim. Buds will gum up your grinder in very short order.

You are right. I currently have a brand-spankin' new Junior. I'm not sure if I'll get a regular or another Jr. Any thoughts?
2 juniors or one of each?
As Tom said, Jrs. Depending on the size of the girls, I'd put three Jrs in your 2x4.
I'm fixing to bag up the things going into the 4x4 and the 2x4. 4x4 is getting one Earthbox and two Jrs and then how ever many 3gal Rain Science I can fit. Solo cups are going in there too, but they won't take up any floor space with what I'm hoping won't be a pain.
2x4 is gonna be Seed making tent for the most part in this run with a few for flower.

I'll try to document my EB adventure with both regular and Jrs.
They will have slight differences in the way I handle them, but that's mainly how I'll implement some KNF amendments. That part would only apply to you if you used compost tea.

The one point that is key in EBs, is keeping nutes in the rez to an absolute minimum. Since you're using dry nutes, you shouldn't have any problems, as long as you adhere to the dry period between adding water. If read that thread, you know this. Get this grow under your belt and try new things in the next grow or try to master the areas you feel you were lacking in this one.

Don't hesitate in asking for help or questions!

Back