What are the odds?

Howdy all.
I'm slowly lurching toward my first grow.
I've been persuaded by the Living Soil folks.
I plan to use two earthboxes in a 2x4x8 tent.

I've read a lot and I plan to get help along the way from the collected wisdom here.

I can't afford every amendment at first, but plan to have a good base soil and BAS craft blend and Build a bloom, a wetting agent, Worm Castings, and I can make a few SSTs. I will also have a good filter and fans.

What are the odds that I can grow 6 ounces from 2 plants once per year and lettuce the rest?

Additionally, what are things you can't do without for a first-timer with ambition and limited funds...
EASY 6 oz!
Look at this thread. I do need to update a few things, still good info.

honestly a wetting agent is not needed since the water will come from under the pot and wick up. And I only use craft blend and buildabloom with coast of Maine stonington blend
Yup! NOT needed in an Earthbox grow, but it could help if your compost/food bank in the center gets piled to high or if your compost isn't good at wicking. You can still easily do without it.

LOL! I just realized something. If the OP is talking about regular Earthboxes, he's gonna have fitment problems. in a 2x4 tent.
EB Jrs and we're rocking

6oz from two plants is extremely do-able. I would say a reliable pH pen/meter and ppm/ec meter are invaluable tools. Organic growing won't require them the same way the synthetic salt nutrients do. However, being able to test your water and inputs along the way is quite useful.

I am not knowledgeable on the organic/living soil end of things but it looks like a great method. Some very skilled guys on here who can help guide you. The one thing I do know is that you will need some larger pot sizes to hold enough soil and "stuff" to make it through to the end. I think I've read 15gal pots work quite well. I am not sure what size the earthbox runs.

I do know @WildBill is an earthbox enthusiast and a great resource. For living soil/organic @Fermented_Fruitz and @Tom Bombadil if you want to pick their brains. I see @mdabber has already stopped by. Read and learn from them as well.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll grab a good pH pen.

LOL! I just realized something. If the OP is talking about regular Earthboxes, he's gonna have fitment problems. in a 2x4 tent.
EB Jrs and we're rocking
:yeahthat:
Can def fit 2 juniors or if running same strain X2 u could do 1 full size with 2 plants in same box! This was 2 in 1 full size box!
A099068F-03BB-4C75-AB3C-6AB6B143183C.jpeg

I’m too stoned and lazy to google search and can’t remember but is a build a bloom the dry amendment u add to your water?? Or the stuff with compost u topdress?? Also if u are using earthbox and dry amendments like craft blend u can’t go wrong with red wrigglers in your soil! They absolutely luuuuuuuuv craft blend and will help eat it and crap it out into plant available food! Plus free castings in the boxes u can’t go wrong! I have a huge worm bin now that was all started from 1/2lb of red wrigglers split between 2 earthbox juniors! After back to back runs in them dumped em into a tote with coco and newspaper and straw and was able to pull out enough worms to go back into the boxes when I filled em back with soil and more then enough worms in the tote that it turned into a ginormous colony in no time! :d5:
The build a bloom is the dry. Do you prefer one over the other?
And a huge YES to worms. I'm also debating an Urban Worm Bag, but I've already stretched my budget pretty far for the first grow...
But I will put worms in and whatever Myko and Bacterial help I can afford.

What genetics you dropping? That’ll play a huge part in what you yield.
So far, I have Mephisto Northern Cheese Haze, some Sour/Forum Stomper freebies, Dutch Passion Auto Blue, Critical Orange Punch and Cinderella Jack. Additionally I was a lucky winner in the Holiday Musing thread, so I have something coming at some point, but I don't know what, perhaps some SSSC seeds?
I plan to run two strains and hope for at least one succeeding. If I dropped them today it would be NCH and Blueberry probably, but I'm open to suggestions.

Back