Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

Consensus seems to be hand water for the first three weeks.

Made a mistake during pot-up yesterday, rinsed the hydroton but didn't balance it's ph. Heres hoping the first three weeks hand watering help bring its ph down before switching to the rez.

Welcome to the Autopot Forum of AFN! Due to the increasing number of members on the site using the Autopot product with their grows, we've decided to attempt a test forum for Autopot grow journals and related information shared by members.

If you have a current grow journal using the Autopot system and would like it moved to this forum, please request it in this thread with the link to your journal.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy! Grow on! :smokeout:

I have a thread that has four plants, two of them are chilling in an autopot system... They are in the Dutch Passion thread, but I'm a fan of the autopots, so can you please move it? Two of the plants are in airpots, so it's not a fully autopot thread :biggrin: ...if that's a no-no, no worries.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...mars-cree-and-plant-photonics-amethyst.51819/

Wonderful! Autopots are taking off amazingly! I've been eyeing auto pots for 2 years and finally broke down and bought a 4 pots "1Pot" set. Using coco for the first time, I had an amazing grow! i'm about to order another set!

I'm looking at the AquaboxStraight for use in the greenhouse. Great product and wonderfully simple, as are all Auto Pot products!

I'll be posting my next autopot grow in this section. Glad to see we now have this section!

:pass:

Welcome to the Autopot Forum of AFN! Due to the increasing number of members on the site using the Autopot product with their grows, we've decided to attempt a test forum for Autopot grow journals and related information shared by members.

If you have a current grow journal using the Autopot system and would like it moved to this forum, please request it in this thread with the link to your journal.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy! Grow on! :smokeout:

most of those garden store " self watering" pots are not so great. The auto pot system uses an ingenious, yet simple valve to control how much water/nutrient the pots get. The flood tray has to dry out completely before the valve re-opens to let more in, thus maintaining a fairly even level of moister in the pots. Plus having a resivior that reduces time spent watering for a week or more depending on res size and pot count.

Are they worth it? Hell yes! Look at some of the grows done in them here, Hansbrick, etc. I an finishing up my first grow in them and I'm totally sold and will go all autopot in stages.

Here's the Sweet Trainwreck I just harvested:

trainwreck pic2 -4-30-2016.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's so great about these systems? I looked at the site and it basically just looks like a bigger more expensive version of a self-watering pot like you could get at any home improvement or gardening store. I guess I can see that they offer the ability to water less often with these and perhaps less risk of over or underwatering. What's the other purported benefits of auto-pots? Bigger yields, faster growth or quality?

most of those garden store " self watering" pots are not so great. The auto pot system uses an ingenious, yet simple valve to control how much water/nutrient the pots get. The flood tray has to dry out completely before the valve re-opens to let more in, thus maintaining a fairly even level of moister in the pots. Plus having a resivior that reduces time spent watering for a week or more depending on res size and pot count.

Are they worth it? Hell yes! Look at some of the grows done in them here, Hansbrick, etc. I an finishing up my first grow in them and I'm totally sold and will go all autopot in stages.

Here's the Sweet Trainwreck I just harvested:

View attachment 564312

I'd be more than satisified with those results lol! I bought two kits, 4 gallon pots for a total of 8 autopots, so I guess it's time to jump in! Looking forward to seeing more of your grows with them pop!

Believe me, the 4 gallon system will not disappoint! I decided against growing an auto Ultimate in them, I don't have 8 foot ceilings..........

For myself I'm looking for a more "automated" system that requires a bit less maintenance. I've been growing with coco for the past couple months and feel fairly confident I can grow some plants in it. One thing I know I am guilty of is not watering enough (speaking of which, I'm going to be doing here very shortly :rofl: ) If this helps alleviate that daily/every-other-day chore and at the same time grow some great buds, then it's worth every penny (at least to me, I'm sure everyone's situation and mileage will vary.)

I've never used it before so I'm just going off reviews and what others have said about it, so until I see the proof for myself it'd be tough to say yay or nay, but that's the fun in trying out a new product :cheers:

That said, after speaking with a few people I've decided against the XL version of the auto pots; at least for now. Instead, I've gone with not one, but TWO 4-pot, 4 gallon auto pot systems. So double your pleasure @briman ! Going to need @A-Train and a few of these other talented fellas to lend some advice on growing with these!

Let's see what we can do with 8 autopots! Now.... to piss and moan about the cost of 8 air domes for a few minutes.

Back