Grow Mediums Welcome to the Autopot Forum!

i would focus on aqua valve and air dome mate!.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's so great about these systems? I looked at the site and it basically just looks like a bigger more expensive version of a self-watering pot like you could get at any home improvement or gardening store. I guess I can see that they offer the ability to water less often with these and perhaps less risk of over or underwatering. What's the other purported benefits of auto-pots? Bigger yields, faster growth or quality?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's so great about these systems? I looked at the site and it basically just looks like a bigger more expensive version of a self-watering pot like you could get at any home improvement or gardening store. I guess I can see that they offer the ability to water less often with these and perhaps less risk of over or underwatering. What's the other purported benefits of auto-pots? Bigger yields, faster growth or quality?

For myself I'm looking for a more "automated" system that requires a bit less maintenance. I've been growing with coco for the past couple months and feel fairly confident I can grow some plants in it. One thing I know I am guilty of is not watering enough (speaking of which, I'm going to be doing here very shortly :rofl: ) If this helps alleviate that daily/every-other-day chore and at the same time grow some great buds, then it's worth every penny (at least to me, I'm sure everyone's situation and mileage will vary.)

I've never used it before so I'm just going off reviews and what others have said about it, so until I see the proof for myself it'd be tough to say yay or nay, but that's the fun in trying out a new product :cheers:

That said, after speaking with a few people I've decided against the XL version of the auto pots; at least for now. Instead, I've gone with not one, but TWO 4-pot, 4 gallon auto pot systems. So double your pleasure @briman ! Going to need @A-Train and a few of these other talented fellas to lend some advice on growing with these!

Let's see what we can do with 8 autopots! Now.... to piss and moan about the cost of 8 air domes for a few minutes.

Do these systems aerate the water too somehow? Is that what the airdomes are for?

im looking at one of these systems to test the waters per say... seems fairly simple... im just probably going to go with the 2 autopot system then add 2 more pots onto it in a cpl weeks... im confused about the airdomes as well i seen an interesting video on how to put clay balls or like lava rocks over the dome then the coco ontop of that but should i order the domes as well?

apparently the domes can increase yield whether a gimmic or not the domes are cheap ( of course there is the pump price) but worth a gamble. even if you do not use the domes still put the clay balls in the bottom of your pot as it will help the system .

No matter what if using soil or coco mix it is best to hand water for the first couple of week giving the roots time to establish before switching to the auto system and then around another two week before turning the domes on ( so I have read )

Back