New Grower Welcome to billythekid's 150W HPS Grow!!! Auto Critical Mass? Or is it... Tune in for more.

Did some light lst to open the girls up a bit for more penetration, geezer that sounds dirty ;)

Turned my light perpendicular to the grow space it seems to stretch further from the sides than front to back. Definitely getting more coverage! Can't wait to see them in the morning.

Quick pic
20170112_211519.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

So apparently it's not an auto... who's to say it's even critical mass??

So this is the light setup I've got from a friend...just wondering what is the 110% feature on the ballast?

20170114_214042.jpg
20170114_214126.jpg

It's 110% does exactly what it sounds like, adds 10% more power (165 watts). A lot of growers do it, but honestly the bulb was built on a spectrum for 150 watts. If you turn it down, less heat and less spectrum. If you turn it up, spectrum changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @MeefChief .. this a 600w bulb I upgraded from the 150 in hopes of greater yield and quality... light has been previously used for one grow cycle, would that be long enough to lose lumens and spectrum?

Thanks @MeefChief .. this a 600w bulb I upgraded from the 150 in hopes of greater yield and quality... light has been previously used for one grow cycle, would that be long enough to lose lumens and spectrum?

I would guess you're fine. I don't know a whole lot about HPS, just what I read up on here and there. I would guess you're fine. Some growers replace them every grow, others every other grow. I doubt you'll see any difference with a new vs once used.

Back