Hello again everybody!
Hope that everything is fine with you! :)
I am really sorry for not replying to your messages in the last days. I have been off in the last 10 days, due to a few (big) problems I had at home.

@Waira, let's start from mould resistant strains. I will reply to the previous question in another message.

Those strains should be ok with mould problems, but I would also add Sex Bud to your list :)
It is true that Sativas generally handle better this kind of problems better than indicas, because of the shape and size of buds. However, also the genetics of the strains plays a big part in this. Our strains have been engineered for being mould resistant and for being grown also in more difficult climates (I have harvested 4 C99, 2 Auto WWxBB and 1 Sex Bud plants grown outdoor in NL this year, and I was really impressed with the result, considering that it's basically raining everyday here and it's never that warm). As always, if the situation is not the easiest, it's always better to check the plants as much as possible to prevent those plants.
As for the temperature: normally they should be able to handle temperatures as low as 10° (or 50F), but it's better to be careful with this, so trying to control the temperature as much as possible starting from Oct.

Anyway, we're currently upgrading and updating our strain descriptions and catalogs. As soon as those are complete, I will open a new thread under the Female Seeds one, and post there all the info about the strains. I think those will be done in a week or two.

I will talk to our breeder in the next days and see what more he can tell me about this.

I want to try that sex bud they have sounds super rocking.

Yeah, man! You really should! It's part of the Grapefruit/C99 family and it's one of the latest creation of our breeder :)

Hello again everybody!
Hope that everything is fine with you! :)
I am really sorry for not replying to your messages in the last days. I have been off in the last 10 days, due to a few (big) problems I had at home.

@Waira, let's start from mould resistant strains. I will reply to the previous question in another message.

Those strains should be ok with mould problems, but I would also add Sex Bud to your list :)
It is true that Sativas generally handle better this kind of problems better than indicas, because of the shape and size of buds. However, also the genetics of the strains plays a big part in this. Our strains have been engineered for being mould resistant and for being grown also in more difficult climates (I have harvested 4 C99, 2 Auto WWxBB and 1 Sex Bud plants grown outdoor in NL this year, and I was really impressed with the result, considering that it's basically raining everyday here and it's never that warm). As always, if the situation is not the easiest, it's always better to check the plants as much as possible to prevent those plants.
As for the temperature: normally they should be able to handle temperatures as low as 10° (or 50F), but it's better to be careful with this, so trying to control the temperature as much as possible starting from Oct.

Anyway, we're currently upgrading and updating our strain descriptions and catalogs. As soon as those are complete, I will open a new thread under the Female Seeds one, and post there all the info about the strains. I think those will be done in a week or two.

I will talk to our breeder in the next days and see what more he can tell me about this.

Hey good morning @gennaro-fs ! Would you have some time to explain to us about semi-auto's and what their purpose is in breeding? I have some personal feelings towards them, but recently was looking at some stuff Waira actually commented about them thought maybe I had things a bit wrong. Are there advantages to breeding something with semi-autoflowering traits (not fully autoflower?)

Put into germ on Friday and up she pops today lemon kush on the go [emoji106]
8b8303ad5ed2abfed557ecb58f7ded4a.jpg
811ab096d4219a98edb54e09e5f911e7.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

That's great! I will follow this one! If you have any problems or questions, I am here to support you! :)

:smoking: Thanks Gennaro mate! ... So, it really was JD who pioneered this particular application of ruderalis genetics,... Wow, clear back to the '70's! ...It's this earlier work that I was curious about,.. Dutch? :shrug:..Russians? ...And how JD got his start,.....

It looks like JD was the first one to be able to produce and market an auto strain. As far as I know, Ruderalis was discovered in Siberia in 1924 and then brought to USA/Canada for further experiments. If you read the story of JD (or at least his version of the story), some government agencies (again US or Canadian ones) tried unsuccessfully to cross a Ruderalis with a Mexican Sativa (today we know this as Mexican Rudy). Somehow JD managed to get a clone (or seeds?) and started to work on this.
As for the Dutch and the Russians: it seems that some of the Dutch and American breeders were already experimenting with those Autos strains back then, but could not get anything out of it, so after a bit they decided to put the project aside and concentrate on the photoperiodic strains.

The main problem is that it's not so easy to gather all the information on the old (classic) strains. Breeders and growers were not really keen on sharing those information for security reasons (I guess you can understand why), and there are not so many sources around.

I agree with you that it's interesting (and important) to know about the origins. It's a difficult job, but it's worth the effort. I will do my best to collect all the info about FS strains in the coming days/weeks and share them with you on the forum.

Can you tell us if Female Seeds developed their own autoflower lineage to work from? :biggrin: Basically, I have in my mind, this "Family tree" I'd love to see about early origins, the who and what subspecies from various parts of the world,... and how the Lowryder factors in with this!
:woohoo1: Oh man, you must hook up with Muddy for sure! He's an original founding member here, and a fantastic grower all around! I have learned so much from him, and always with a kind word and generous spirit- :cheers: ... His last two RDWC grows were superb! ---you'll see,...:woody: :rofl:

This is quite difficult, but not impossible. As far as I can tell you now (again, I will give you all the info soon), Lowryder has been part of the breeding process of some strains developed by FS. As I said before, some of our strains were developed a long time ago (ICE and Lemon Kush are probably the oldest with more than 20 years of life already), way before Female Seeds was even conceived, so it can be tricky, but I'll collect all those info and share them with you all so that we can all get to know a bit more of these plants. :)

As for @Muddy: I have taken a look already at his works. Honestly... it's impressive! I started to take a look at it and I was really excited about it... but then I had those problems at home and could not do anything for a few days. I am going to study it during my holidays, I like that kind of stuff and Muddy surely seems to be a Grand Master with that! :)

That's great! I will follow this one! If you have any problems or questions, I am here to support you! :)
I have an ongoing journal in the Amare section pop along and say high [emoji1] https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/51370/
I'm just finishing 3x cotton candy then I've got 3x critical jack to take there place and I've taken 6 clones off a blueberry mother that are just rooting by that time the lemon kush should be huge and the next round of cuttings should be well ready then after all that onto the c99 and its a long journal just jump to the end for the start of the lemon kush [emoji106]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I can't start my ICE and ICED GRAPEFRUIT and C99 till maybe mid/end of October ( took a loss on one of my grows elsewhere),..
Anyway I'll throw sum pics up (weekly) once I do pop them.. happy growing
Gaz

Which female seeds photoperiod strains are finished earliest outdoors?
Which would be best suited for near frost conditions at the end of flower?
Which are most mold resistant?

@912GreenSkell You can try with Red Purps and Purple Maroc. Those are two good outdoor strains, perfect for northern climates (specially the Red Purps) and mold resistant, due to the open structure of the plants.

Hope this is alright! :)

Back