@Waira
Yes sir reading back is why i asked you that question. I know some "official" autos from some of our other favorite breeders sometime need a little kick in the ass to start the flower cycle so i don't think it is a problem unless the breeder does not state its a possibility.
The outdoor plants grown indoor really intrigues me. I know they can be over 1.5 m to 2.5m, but for more strain selections i can wait an extra 20-30 more days. I can use smaller buckets or Hempy grow to control size.
Im not missing something here am I?

Love to have me some Red Purps jarred up.
https://www.femaleseeds.nl/img/product/480x606/156.jpg

Mr.G, looking for a good wake and Bake. I grow indoors under plenty of COB power. I see Speed Bud may be a good choice. What other Auto would you suggest to give me that good alert, energetic high?

Hey @Gauge Steel! You're looking for an Auto Sativa as far as I could understand. We used to have Auto Haze (@Cotton46 mentioned it previously in this thread), but it's out of production (not available in our shop) at the moment. We are currently thinking of bringing it back, since as you can see, most of our autos are Indica dominant.
I guess you're looking for an auto because of space limitations, so, as also our breeder has suggested, you can give our SexBud a try: good for LST and almost as quick as an auto strain.

Other than that, with all due honesty, I'd suggest you to look for Auto Haze from Female Seeds in some other seedbanks/shops, there might some around still.

:smokeout: :biggrin: Hey guys!

>> Gennaro, thanks again for putting up with our quizzing- :rofl:... I know your rather busy, and I didn't expect you to turn the questions into a research project! Share what you know when you can, mate,.... Tell us more about your harvest! --pics too if you would- :eyebrows: ....I have asked for some C99 to be swapped out for Sex Bud- :thumbsup: ...My worry is the WW x BB, which I seeing isn't a good choice for certain outdoor climates,... If you're familiar, I'm coastal central California.. Fall is often the warmer season, but also night cool, and some bud-unfriendly weather can happen,...usually does by Oct.! ...This year, I found out the hard way some strains are badly advertised by breeders... Bomb Atomic is showing to be the worst mold resistant plant I have ever seen:doh:..I suspect the Chem Dawg in it is to blame, but still, they claim it to be fine for outdoors, less than ideal climate,..:nono: -- me and another friend in Canada are finding out that this is basically a lie.... So, next season, I'm really going to have to nail down strain choices, because the Mold Wars are a shit-show I have grown very weary of! When problems like this happen, it puts me off a breeder totally,... All this consumer asks is some plain honesty about strain tolerances- :shrug::wall:....nothing like seeing 4+ months of work turn to slagg on you! I am not unreasonable, I know nothing is mold=proof, and I expect some no matter what, after all, outside they are marinating in spores, right? Zero chance to control that,... Oh, which brings me to another product, call Actinovate, a bacterial agent Streptomyces lydicus that basically eats mold... have you heard any feedback on this product? I sprayed it on the girls during late veg and 2x during bloom,.. my theory being if the dormant mold spores are already there, and the forming bud grows around them, then when they activate the Strepto' will there waiting for them,... I'm still fighting mold, as usual, but with no control groups/same strain, strain-to-strain variances, and all that, one cannot draw any empirical conclusions about it's effectiveness,.. I'm hoping to someday hear from somebody who ha been able to put it to a more solidly conclusive test! :eyebrows: ... I do think it's helping, but clearly it's no panacea,...
:smoking:..have you hooked up with Muddy yet?

Good day, @Waira! Thank you for your message. As I said, I think it's important to shed light on the origins of the strains, so we can all understand better everything about this plant. Again, it's sort of huge thing to setup, and I am not sure of the final result (most of the times information are conflicting and you never know who's saying the truth), but again, I'll do my best to share everything I know with you all. I am just loving this. :)
As for the pics: yes, I'll share some in the next days. The plants were grown outdoor in The Netherlands (actually on the roof of my house) and we (me and my flatmate/workmate at FS) kept it really "basic and easy" (just soil, sun and water). The result were impressive given the weather conditions (this "summer" in NL was just a joke).

As for the WWxBB: I would say that it's a not a choice for outdoor growing in any climate. The thing is basically ALL our strains have mold resistant genes in their genetics, which actually make most of them suitable for indoor and outdoor. However, for some of them (and WWxBB is the best example) we always advise to go for indoor or outdoor only. The thing with WWxBB is that, even with anti-mold genes and because of the huge production, buds will not be able to handle the mold in a proper way. The structure of the plant and the buds doesn't really help the plant dealing with mold problems, so we always advise to grow this specific strain indoor only.

Cannot tell you about the Atomic Bomb or other strains, but yeah, this is a common problem and I understand your feelings. I guess that you basically gave already an explanation: it could be something to do with how honest a breeder/seedbank is, how much they know about what they sell, and so on... My best advise is to always buy your seeds directly from the breeder (where possible of course) and to always check the forums for real reviews, reports and pictures. In the end forums exist for this reason mostly.
And yes, mold is not something you can control totally, but you can definitely spot it on time and try to limit the damages. This brings to our next question about Actinovate. I do not know this product at all, but I did a quick search online and found out what it is. It is not specifically for mold, but rather for other kind of diseases or problems. I have read mostly positive review on this, and it seems to be helpful. I would say: if you have it available already, give it a try and let us know the result. :)

I haven't hooked up with @Muddy yet :( ... But I am planning to do it this week. I have a few things to ask, so I am gonna take some time to do it properly during the week :)

>> Gauge-- yes, some of them are "semi-auto's",..so far as that's defined,.. did you read back a couple pages, where we chatted some about that? ...it's something of a loosely used term,... but according to Female's descriptions, several of their strains have some auto lineage in them, for the sake of blooming speed and (?) readily triggering bloom? That last bit is something that goes back to my mate 912Greenskell, whose Atomic was very late in triggering bloom,.. another member Dr. Babnik had one that also failed to trigger timely,... in short season, tougher climates, this is FUBAR,....:cuss:.... such plants are not autoflowering, the light change is still needed,.. I'll leave the indoor specifics to Gennaro here to advise on, but veg' 20/4 might be OK,...

@Gauge Steel As I wrote somewhere already, Purple Maroc is not suitable for indoor. Beside the size, it's also a matter of buds: Purple Maroc produces airy, fluffy buds (like an outdoor plant) and can grow big, really big. Therefore it's best for outdoor. I am afraid that growing this strain indoor will not give you the same results in terms of bud production and taste.
However I see that you'd really like to try this. So, as we always say, at this point it'd better for you to try this out and see by yourself: a sort of educational experience :D

Hey @Gauge Steel! You're looking for an Auto Sativa as far as I could understand. We used to have Auto Haze (@Cotton46 mentioned it previously in this thread), but it's out of production (not available in our shop) at the moment. We are currently thinking of bringing it back, since as you can see, most of our autos are Indica dominant.
I guess you're looking for an auto because of space limitations, so, as also our breeder has suggested, you can give our SexBud a try: good for LST and almost as quick as an auto strain.

Other than that, with all due honesty, I'd suggest you to look for Auto Haze from Female Seeds in some other seedbanks/shops, there might some around still.
The Auto Haze I have growing ATM is a beautiful plant can't wait to see her Finnish out! She has been a fast germing seed very agressieve at first then a slow veg and now she is in flower she is blowing up something Beautiful and her smell is something you want to bottle up and save!!! But as was stated you guys don't have it in stock anymore but a few seed banks still do but I truly feel Female seeds are doing a disservice by not Having this available!!!!!

I also might add I've yet to find review or a grow journal documenting the Auto Haze for it to be one of you guys best sellers and most desirable Beans you would think there be more info on it? For me so far I love the plant and can't wait to try it out on smoke and taste but like I say I've not found much if any info on it other than what you guys promote on your web page. And the short stocky plant you have in your pictures of it? Mine is twice the size of that hahahaha

:coffee: ..quick dash in and out,....
:smoking: Gennaro mate, thank you for the info, especially about WWxBB,..:frowny: alas! I guess the auto version picked up more resistance than the parent has, since you had a successful grow in lousy weather! This I've heard from other growers in your part of the world, a horrible season- :doh:
As for Actinovate, I'm not sure where you saw is wasn't for mold/botrytis... my labels says effective against brown patch, grey mold, root rot, damping off, and others... it's why i was so excited to try it! Now, I have no empirical evidence of how effective it is, I'd have to grow control groups, same strain (clones ideally) to really put it to the test, but I think it's helping,.. a couple other strains, one a "fun cross" made with no intent to sell, just experimenting, has that look and build that says " mold fest" all over it- :rofl: Sour Bubble/Chem D' x Alien OG,... she's getting a few spots, but not as bad as I would have thought given what I see,.. she's my worry project now, as the bud is spectacular, resin coverage is obscene- :hump:... Soooo, fingers crossed as she reaches that most vulnerable stage, final ripening,...:goodluck: ... Oh, sprayed the Actinovate on a hydrangea with brown spot and mildew a while back- :amazon: gone!

@Waira Well, yes, the Auto WWxBB is better for outdoor, a nice short, compact plant. Of course while the Auto version will handle better the mold, you'll have a smaller crop.

Actinovate: did not mean that is not good for that. Just that, out of my quick research, I could find that it's not specific for the mold only, but it covers a wider range of problems with the plants. As much as you, I could not find any evidence, but you can read some reviews online. Those I could read were mostly positive about the product.

Mr. G. Do you recommend 16/8 for veg and 12/12 for flower on all your Indoor categorized plants?
I noticed this under Grapefruit.
will EVEN flower under 24 hours in low light conditions. I really am not hung up on Auto or Photo, i like a fast turn around.

@gennaro-fs I Have an Auto Haze from you guys and she's a beautiful Girl!!! But was wandering she's at 65 days old from seed today, and she don't seem to be putting on much resin and her tricomes don't seem as plenty does she look normal to you and is this typical of a auto Haze? I used LST on her and she's in kindsoil using Mammoth P and just pH 6.5 water room temps stay around 80ish and Humidity 47 just want to see her pull off a good Harvest and can't find much info on her just the basic which she's not shown much of?
IMG_20171015_061421.jpg
IMG_20171015_061421.jpg IMG_20171015_061427.jpg IMG_20171015_061439.jpg

Back