A simple way is put a large tray under the pot and keep it 1-4 cm deep, simple, I like it. Fill, wait 2-4 day, repeat, it's very boring actually haha
If anyone is being finicky, a tray in the tray and on it goes View attachment 913140 View attachment 913141View attachment 913144View attachment 913145

Getting some 200 g or more from a 3 l netpot is not difficult, but 10 L is better for a more solid heavy platform, better contra weight haha

If all goes well it should be like thisView attachment 913152View attachment 913153View attachment 913155

Looks like a simple system, and the results looks insane.....respect.

Interested to know, do you ever have issues with root rot? or high humidity - have always read it is not best to leave your plants sitting in water, but you seem to be disproving that theory!

Looks like a simple system, and the results looks insane.....respect.

Interested to know, do you ever have issues with root rot? or high humidity - have always read it is not best to leave your plants sitting in water, but you seem to be disproving that theory!

Yeah, one can only handle so much fairytales, no, I never have problems with rot and humidity. Well, Hum is what ambient is, usually in the 40 - 60 range. Plenty ventilation of course
Any pot with a water reservoir disproves the rot making the rounds. @pop22 is your man for myths and reality
Of course in ideal conditions rot can happen, I just never got into those conditions, and the water in the trays can reach 30 c sometimes with 38 c at the top.
If a plant has some trouble just water from the top, plenty, as much as you like flush, cleanse, whatever its called , runoff will just mix. In 120 x 120 trays I usually add 60 liter every 3 days, more during flower

I guess I forgot to answer the thread question about watering times, for me the answer is always haha

People just need to look at auto pots to disprove the myth of standing water

you got Thia stick dipped in opium...

View attachment 913129

you lucky lucky basterd

we used smoke loads of Thia stick back in the day. All we could get hold of at one point but never dipped in opium.
The original Thai Sticks brought home from Vietnam by my buddies returning from the war in the early 70s were dipped in a very light solution of opium. It was an amazing buzz yet you were able to walk around not like just doing opium that totally took your legs away. I can still remember the taste - heavy on the sandalwood hash flavor - yummy!

The original Thai Sticks brought home from Vietnam by my buddies returning from the war in the early 70s were dipped in a very light solution of opium. It was an amazing buzz yet you were able to walk around not like just doing opium that totally took your legs away. I can still remember the taste - heavy on the sandalwood hash flavor - yummy!

That an awesome story, I had heard of such but they where just legends on the streets of our hardened middle class village.
I miss the old Thia stick / Thia weed we used to get. It wasn't so much about the high, it was the one weed that with out fail got us giggling. Had some of the best hysterical laughter on that stuff. No strain has ever come close to making me giggle so much... I would love to get some seeds and do a grow for the fun of it but you just can't get the stuff any more. A trip to Thailand may be order sometime in the future.

A simple way is put a large tray under the pot and keep it 1-4 cm deep, simple, I like it. Fill, wait 2-4 day, repeat, it's very boring actually haha
If anyone is being finicky, a tray in the tray and on it goes View attachment 913140 View attachment 913141View attachment 913144View attachment 913145

Getting some 200 g or more from a 3 l netpot is not difficult, but 10 L is better for a more solid heavy platform, better contra weight haha

If all goes well it should be like thisView attachment 913152View attachment 913153View attachment 913155

Man that's some monster plants, prime example of keep it stupid, keep it simple. Thank you for sharing @Tony21 awesome entry on how we water our plants...

This is also a great trick if you having to leave your grow for few days at a time. I got a buddy that grows this way but he hasn't reached your size in auto's yet. He's is gonna be jealous when i show him your grows... awesome growing Tony.

Yeah, one can only handle so much fairytales, no, I never have problems with rot and humidity. Well, Hum is what ambient is, usually in the 40 - 60 range. Plenty ventilation of course
Any pot with a water reservoir disproves the rot making the rounds. @pop22 is your man for myths and reality
Of course in ideal conditions rot can happen, I just never got into those conditions, and the water in the trays can reach 30 c sometimes with 38 c at the top.
If a plant has some trouble just water from the top, plenty, as much as you like flush, cleanse, whatever its called , runoff will just mix. In 120 x 120 trays I usually add 60 liter every 3 days, more during flower
So i have been wasting time and nutes elevating my pots and vacuming runoff ?????....hmmm....so now i will just leave runoff in the tray below the pot...unless the plant tells me otherwise...put another experiment on my list to do. It appears this would raise humidity in tent if not controlled...but hell we control environment anyways and may help with those conditions when rh is on the dry side. Looking forward to do this with next grow.

Man that's some monster plants, prime example of keep it stupid, keep it simple. Thank you for sharing @Tony21 awesome entry on how we water our plants...

This is also a great trick if you having to leave your grow for few days at a time. I got a buddy that grows this way but he hasn't reached your size in auto's yet. He's is gonna be jealous when i show him your grows... awesome growing Tony.
Thanks man, yeah I saw the early posts, like memory lane, been on that journey, Airpots, smartpots, buckets, Aquafarm, Autopots, waterfarms, plain pots, name it and now 4-500 hundred plants later, I use simple 50 cent netpots in a flooded with the best yields and simplest way I have tried so far.

This way
is here to stay
by the way
no more play
so she say
and go away

And yes, like you said, leaving the grow for 3-4 days is no problem even when they go full tilt in flower.

I got so bored with this I have started to stack the netpots as they come along, just to see, the Lego way, but at 3 high the capillary coco forces seem to give out, it reduces available height of course, and no real perception it increases yield haha

I've done away with all boosters too, waste of money I think.

Thanks man, yeah I saw the early posts, like memory lane, been on that journey, Airpots, smartpots, buckets, Aquafarm, Autopots, waterfarms, plain pots, name it and now 4-500 hundred plants later, I use simple 50 cent netpots in a flooded with the best yields and simplest way I have tried so far.

This way
is here to stay
by the way
no more play
so she say
and go away

And yes, like you said, leaving the grow for 3-4 days is no problem even when they go full tilt in flower.

I got so bored with this I have started to stack the netpots as they come along, just to see, the Lego way, but at 3 high the capillary coco forces seem to give out, it reduces available height of course, and no real perception it increases yield haha

I've done away with all boosters too, waste of money I think.
Sounds like you been around the block a few times. No more bullshit----nice!

Back