Indoor Water only with kind soil - 6 autoflowering strains, 6 pots and 600 led watts in a 2 x 4 x 5'8 tent

Thank you heading over now.

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

The manufacturers of this Kind LED grow light recommend that the lamp be kept at least 36" from the tops of your plants for the best results. This model is very, very powerful and keeping it too close will give your plants light burn.

Average Yields: 5+ ounces

I will adjust the light accordingly.

Yes its a very good light. Too close will keep them short. Too high makes them taller. Is 36 inches all the time or just veg stage?

Is ask because of my research here. I read a lot of Atrain grows. He has a short tent but grows beautiful plants. He keeps his lights closer to keep them short but while making buds the closer light can make fatter buds. The key is learning how to adjust your light as they are all different. I suggested closer to you to hopefully fatten up the buds. My mars 300 is about 14 inches from my tops but its weaker than yours.

I assume they mean all the time. Yeah your right to some closer is better. I'm not sure what will work for me yet. Are they running the same light as I am? I know the company did some tests to make The claims they do. With that said I'll listen to the company see The results and gain some good Intel from my observations. Gain some experience using it better I think I'll be using kind led for my next set up while I use this current tent as a veg tent.

Due to the massive amount of light that Kind LED lights emit, the recommended hanging height above your plants is 30-36”. Some high light use strains will be able to tolerate closer hanging heights, but we recommended that the light not be set closer than 24”. So we we're right [emoji186] [emoji106]

Personal reference
We suggest starting with the light at 48” for the first 3-7 days. After this initial break in period, the light can be lowered down, 6” at a time, until you reach 30”. If any discoloration or twisting happens on the leaves, raise the light back up 6”. This should be the height you maintain through the plant’s life cycle. - how to find sweet spot.

Sounds great! No, several different brands of lighting. I bet there is a thread here about the brand you have. I had light issues my first grow but your light is so much stronger there is no comparison.

This information is for me to use the light under the manufacturers words. I am now going make my environment work for me not the other way around. I'm really about get to know my equipment including kind soil.

The signs that you have exceeded the minimum distance to your plants will usually manifest in the form of slight curling of the youngest leaves on the plant and/or overall slower growth. If either of these are experienced, simply raise the light back up 4-6” and wait a few days. The results in backing the light off should be immediate, and you should see the plant return to robust, lush growth within a day or so. If it seems like the plant is still being overwhelmed, back the light off to the top end of the recommended height and allow the plant some time to acclimate, before trying to lower the light back down.

Warm your room for optimal results...

Growing with LED lights can be very different than growing with their HPS counterparts. LED’s run cool due to the fact that they emit light solely by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor, or as its known, the LED chip. Because of this and the fact that an LED diode is so efficient, they run cool and don’t need a lot of extra equipment to cool them. It also means that very little energy goes unused resulting in very little excess heat energy.

HPS on the other hand is a burning mix of Xenon, Mercury, and Sodium gases. This mixture of gas burns at extremely high temperatures in order to produce the massive amount of light that these bulbs emit. The issue with this massive amount of light is that much of it is wasted due to the low absorption rate of certain areas of the spectrum that are the highest energy output and ends up as nothing more than excess heat energy, and lots of it. That heat energy is then absorbed by the plants and results in unusable photons, which then translates into high surface temperatures on the leaves of plants.

The other thing effecting leaf surface temperatures is the ambient temperature of the room. The surface of an HPS bulb can reach an excess of **** and can warm a room up fairly quickly, even if it’s being properly cooled.

The surface temperature of the leaf, and thus the internal temperature of the leaf, can have a huge effect on the rate in which the plant transpires. Transpiration is the mode in which plants control the movement of water out of small pores in leaves surface called stomata. The release of this water vapor through the leaves surface is the plants way of not only regulating temperate, but is also the way the plant cycles water and is able to renew its moisture feed via the root system. Think of it as a wicking system. The water leaving the plant is what is creating the force for the roots to pull more in. So, a plant that has healthy transpiration, also has a healthy uptake of water through its root system. The healthier the uptake through the root system, the more nutrients the plant can absorb and utilized for rapid growth.

Transpiration is greatly affected by temperatures within the leaf. The cooler the temperature, the less the leaf will transpire. The warmer the temperature, the more it will transpire. Because the surface temps on a leaf of a LED lit room can average up to 12 degrees colder than a HPS lit room, transpiration can slow, and thus result in slower uptake by the roots and as a result slow growth rates.

Because of this, Kind LED strongly recommends raising the temperature of your grow to 82-85 degrees when growing with our lights. This will ensure that the stomata of your planets can fully preform their job and also allow metabolic processes to continue uninhibited for robust growth.

There are other added benefits from being able to run higher temps, but we’ll discuss those in another section of LED Tech.

CO2, maximized!

In the last LED tech section we talked about raising the overall ambient temperature of your room to aid in transpiration. Now let’s talk about one of the greatest added benefits to having those warmer temps in your room, CO2 augmentation and greater effectiveness of adding CO2 when running higher temperatures in an LED grow room.

Carbon assimilation, or carbon fixation, is the process by which plants convert carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to form metabolically active carbon compounds, such as carbohydrates, by way of photosynthesis.

The ability of plants to absorb carbon dioxide, or assimilation, has been observed to rapidly increase in plants as room temperatures are increased to 82-86 degrees, up from the typical 72-76 degrees recommended for HID lit grow rooms. This increase in absorption rate has an enormous effect on growth rate and also on the size of fruits and flowers.

This means that all those heavy CO2 tanks that you’ve been lugging around suddenly have a bigger impact on your yields!

:d5: great find and read! Light distance is one of the hardest things to get information on and adjust for different lights.

Some make homemade co2 machines. Use jugs, tubing, and a mix of water, yeast sugars to make the co2. It seems to help, especially when the room is warmer. More research!

Back