Live Stoners Virginia is for Growers

25.00 fine for up to a elbow out on the town.
DE0E6D3B-F1EC-4720-8D2D-7750D5686D84.gif

1 gram a day for a year and a half. :baked:
a gram last me 4 days high all day.:kitty:

Not sure where the "pound of concentrate" comes from...maybe it comes from the medical card permissions?

The recreational law permits "one ounce of marijuana or an equivalent amount of marijuana product as determined by regulation promulgated by the Board" (Sec 4.1-1100A). We have to wait for the state Cannabis Control Board to be established and issue regulations to tell us what the equivalent amount is for each type of product (edibles, concentrates, etc). Penalty for between one ounce and one pound (or equivalent) is a civil penalty of $25. Penalty for over one pound (or equivalent) is a felony (1-10 yrs imprisonment, and up to $250,000 fine).

The law addresses possession "on [someone's] person or in any public place". Technically, "on [someone's] person" can also be applied to mean "on their property" (i.e., in their home). How this will apply to home cultivation is another area that we'll need the state Board to issue guidance on.

For home cultivation, the penalties are as follows (Sec. 4.1-1101D):

# PlantsOffenseTypePenalty
1-4​
N/A - Permitted​
N/A​
N/A​
5-10​
First​
Civil​
$250 Fine​
5-10​
Second​
Class 3 Misdemeanor​
Up to $500 Fine​
5-10​
Third or More​
Class 2 Misdemeanor​
Up to 6 Months Imprisonment
Up to $1000 Fine​
11-49​
Any​
Class 1 Misdemeanor​
Up to 12 Months Imprisonment
Up to $2500 Fine​
50-100​
Any​
Class 6 Felony​
Up to 5 Years Imprisonment
Up to $2500 Fine​
100+​
Any​
Felony​
1-10 Years Imprisonment
Up to $250,000 Fine​

The legislation includes a definition for "immature plants" (i.e., seedlings < 8 inches in height or diameter in a container). But, the section on home cultivation does not distinguish between mature or immature plants. So, technically, we are prohibited from germinating seedlings to get a headstart on the next grow cycle if we already have four plants growing. Oh yeah, plus the whole "still illegal to sell or buy seeds or cuttings, or to mail them...or to cross state lines with them".

As a community, Virginia growers still have a number of clarifications / requests for guidance to lobby the board for once they actually get established...anyone wanna start a change.org petition?

Last edited:
I thinking of selling tags. Think that’s legal. Right now I have 0 plants under the law.

Not sure where the "pound of concentrate" comes from...maybe it comes from the medical card permissions?

The recreational law permits "one ounce of marijuana or an equivalent amount of marijuana product as determined by regulation promulgated by the Board" (Sec 4.1-1100A). We have to wait for the state Cannabis Control Board to be established and issue regulations to tell us what the equivalent amount is for each type of product (edibles, concentrates, etc). Penalty for between one ounce and one pound (or equivalent) is a civil penalty of $25. Penalty for over one pound (or equivalent) is a felony (1-10 yrs imprisonment, and up to $250,000 fine).

The law addresses possession "on [someone's] person or in any public place". Technically, "on [someone's] person" can also be applied to mean "on their property" (i.e., in their home). How this will apply to home cultivation is another area that we'll need the state Board to issue guidance on.

For home cultivation, the penalties are as follows (Sec. 4.1-1101D):

# PlantsOffenseTypePenalty
1-4​
N/A - Permitted​
N/A​
N/A​
5-10​
First​
Civil​
$250 Fine​
5-10​
Second​
Class 3 Misdemeanor​
Up to $500 Fine​
5-10​
Third or More​
Class 2 Misdemeanor​
Up to 6 Months Imprisonment
Up to $1000 Fine​
11-49​
Any​
Class 1 Misdemeanor​
Up to 12 Months Imprisonment
Up to $2500 Fine​
50-100​
Any​
Class 6 Felony​
Up to 5 Years Imprisonment
Up to $2500 Fine​
100+​
Any​
Felony​
1-10 Years Imprisonment
Up to $250,000 Fine​
The legislation includes a definition for "immature plants" (i.e., seedlings < 8 inches in height or diameter in a container). But, the section on home cultivation does not distinguish between mature or immature plants. So, technically, we are prohibited from germinating seedlings to get a headstart on the next grow cycle if we already have four plants growing. Oh yeah, plus the whole "still illegal to sell or buy seeds or cuttings, or to mail them...or to cross state lines with them".

As a community, Virginia growers still have a number of clarifications / requests for guidance to lobby the board for once they actually get established...anyone wanna start a change.org petition?
The $25 civic fine is what I'm talking about. As of now, all consumable "Marijuana" is equal since they haven't specified on anything to my understanding. There isn't anything written as to a difference between flower or concentrate as far as I can tell. Or at least, that I've been able to find.

The $25 civic fine is what I'm talking about. As of now, all consumable "Marijuana" is equal since they haven't specified on anything to my understanding. There isn't anything written as to a difference between flower or concentrate as far as I can tell. Or at least, that I've been able to find.
Ah, cool - I see it now - they define marijuana to be "plant or any extract", so concentrate = dry buds until they say different.

I thinking of selling tags. Think that’s legal. Right now I have 0 plants under the law.

Right now, I'm using standard soil stakes, and a label maker. I figure that's close enough. Other idea was luggage tags around the main stalk.

The back has my name and driver's license number...so gotta make sure to avoid posting photos from that angle online :p

09-02-21_Day 8_Num_4.jpg

When I was reading the law a few months ago. It seemed like they only had to be tagged outside and locked inside ????

Back