Live Stoners Virginia is for Growers

Good call. It's crazy how fast and loose some peoples' interpretation has been of what seems like a pretty straightforward (Albeit disjointed) piece of legislation. I wandered into a random Facebook group mostly out of curiosity, and the level of misinformation floating around there was pretty terrifying.
Anyway, SWVA grower here. NOVA is definitely another state. :p At least it's legal in both.
No doubt. I went to the .gov and normalva and got my info. There’s 50 shades of gray in that bill. Guess I’ll draw the line at sticking stuff in dudes and vice versa. :baked: :pass:

Yep. And then the B&B owners had to sell their house (tough business to be in during a pandemic I suppose) so we had to cancel our rescheduled wedding this year as well.
Sorry. I got a boat and a vaccine if you need me. :baked: :cooldance:

Sorry. I got a boat and a vaccine if you need me. :baked: :cooldance:
Lmao we ended up getting married before everything shut down. I was in international business at the time and I knew it was coming for about a month. Ended up with an extended honeymoon instead of going back the work the day after like I would have, since my job went virtual and his shut down till May.

Enjoy your freedom !

BTW, for all the VA growers, in case you need it for reference:

Text of the new state law is here. Section on home cultivation is here.

There's tons of news articles / web pages about "what the new law means", but I had to dig a bit to find the actual official wording.

Thanks Kdawg. Great info for reference.

To add to that, Here is a copy of the House bill that prohibits employers from disciplining or terminating employees for use, WITH a medical card. This is the loophole I found to, if need be, preserve my good job, should I ever have to take a whiz quiz, which I am subject to.

There are several exceptions, including, defense contractors..

prohibits employers from disciplining or terminating employees for use, WITH a medical card.

Cool - I was wondering about that. I saw mention of the employee protections, but it sounded like it was only for medical use (i.e., with a card as you mentioned) vs. general recreational use (without a card). Glad to have someone confirm....

Luckily, there's about 30 different "call us now for a cannabis card" lawn signs within a half mile of my house...

Cool - I was wondering about that. I saw mention of the employee protections, but it sounded like it was only for medical use (i.e., with a card as you mentioned) vs. general recreational use (without a card). Glad to have someone confirm....

Luckily, there's about 30 different "call us now for a cannabis card" lawn signs within a half mile of my house...
The dr that manages my meds offers cards but since I'm not even employed its not worth the $100 at this point :rofl:

Lmao we ended up getting married before everything shut down. I was in international business at the time and I knew it was coming for about a month. Ended up with an extended honeymoon instead of going back the work the day after like I would have, since my job went virtual and his shut down till May.
Thanks Kdawg. Great info for reference.

To add to that, Here is a copy of the House bill that prohibits employers from disciplining or terminating employees for use, WITH a medical card. This is the loophole I found to, if need be, preserve my good job, should I ever have to take a whiz quiz, which I am subject to.

There are several exceptions, including, defense contractors..

$25.00 fine for 4 to 10 plants. Can I pre pay?

3FD1515E-87CF-4655-8224-AE59903C057A.gif

Back