Mephisto Genetics UPDATED Seed starting advice in real time with slowandeasy

O

OMG....I came to this thread to get some great advice from a great grower, and I cant even get past why he has a cup in a cup because YOU MORONS keep interrupting the reason for this thread!!! BUGGER OFF so I can see the mans method for christ sake.
I believe the second cup @slowandeasy is using is the catch runoff and to bottom feed the seedling before he transplants to their final pot after

(One of the most important things is to have your starting area about 80F, give or take 5deg. Below that will take longer or fail. I poke 4 holes in bottom of a 5oz cup of Coco and use slightly diluted nutes to precharge the cup of Coco. I use another 5oz cup without holes as a future feeder cup with it. I would suggest trying 1/2 -3/4 strength nutes your precharge. Water slowly to minimal runoff. Let this cup sit in your grow room over night.)

I believe the second cup @slowandeasy is using is the catch runoff and to bottom feed the seedling before he transplants to their final pot after

(One of the most important things is to have your starting area about 80F, give or take 5deg. Below that will take longer or fail. I poke 4 holes in bottom of a 5oz cup of Coco and use slightly diluted nutes to precharge the cup of Coco. I use another 5oz cup without holes as a future feeder cup with it. I would suggest trying 1/2 -3/4 strength nutes your precharge. Water slowly to minimal runoff. Let this cup sit in your grow room over night.)
This!!!

Ok, I noticed recent grumblings of "Germination" problems and figured I would just off this thread and help get some people back on track or started easier/better. Let's do this again, in real time. I just harvested a White Crack, and it is so good for Rosin presses that I will gladly start a couple more. So, I will go get my seed starting area ready. Remember,, the most important thing is consistent temps. I know it is only 78F max in that tent right now. It is a mini tent I use for seed starting and vegging. I just went and unplugged the exhaust fan. That will raise the temps. I want 80-85F. Once I get that, I will start the REAL TIME. I will soak 24 hrs, plant, and report every 12 hours. I will take pics and explain the method again for those who don't start ready threads from the beginning. I will be back in 8-10 hrs to report the temps of my tent. Peace, slow

I’ve adopted much of your seedling procedure already through Lunarman and so far, in my very limited experience, I am 6 for 6. Each sprout has grown quickly right out of the gate.
Yeah, it will work 100℅ of the time with viable seeds. Nothing Magical about it, just consistency. If you want to germ with higher rates, it is all about temps! If you try to germ at 73F vs 83F you will see a difference. Possibly even failure at 73F. So glad you are 100%! Peace, slow

Ok, while my tent temps go up, let's get started! From the the start! Get your gloves, 5oz clear cups 4 of them for 2 seeds. Poke 4 holes in the bottom of 2 of the cups. The other 2 will be taped with foil tape with ZERO holes. It is your cover/feeding cup. Now, let's fill the 2 cups with holes with Coco. Put a little Mycos in middle of the cup, and water slowly with 1/2 strength nutes. You want it to get a little bit of runoff, and gently squeeze any excess water out of the cup. You want it moist, not soaked! Now, put these in the area you will germ to warm up. Now, get a small cup of RO water and put 2 seeds in the cup using my spoon, NO Hands. Set this cup on top of the tent for 24 hrs. I will go do all of the steps above and take pictures. Be back soon!

Last edited:
Back