Mephisto Genetics UPDATED Seed starting advice in real time with slowandeasy

@slowandeasy truly is a blessing to our community. He has helped me a great deal... both directly with my own specific issues, and helping others out with issues that I was able to overcome/avoid by following the advice he was offering up to someone else who was struggling. Can’t say enough good things about this member! Thanks again slow!
Thanks for the kind words, I just share my experience and knowledge. I started growing in the 1990s. I rocked hydro for a long time. Then I moved to Coco. I love Coco and taught myself how to get clone roots in 5-7 days religiously. I have grown Thousands of plants over the years. Using clear cups and taking Hundreds upon hundreds of clones teaches you a lot about watering properly and the importance of moisture levels.

Well, I didn‘t want to abuse this thread ..... but if you want to see something, I‘ll show it to you.

Thank´s @mephisto for the genetics

Fantasmo Express, day 23, topped at day 16, 4th node
2AB08098-74CF-48E3-9B68-8156A75AA566.jpeg

Skylar White, same as FE

5F2FAA67-8FB3-40A9-A512-1781AFB239EA.jpeg

Skylar White

8775467E-D0C6-41EA-A211-9CB5EB18A272.jpeg

Fantasmo Express

013C371F-E688-40EB-A8D3-360B0888BF35.jpeg

The older ladies at day 58: on the left Forum Stomper, on the right Orange Diesel, both untopped..only a bit of leaf tucking

CB75EAF7-5E47-4111-9449-0B10F85C69C8.jpeg

Orange Diesel

B86D34E7-A775-41E7-8095-CF4558F72736.jpeg
1ABA8220-78A5-4B8F-B23B-57AEE16403E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I didn‘t want to abuse this thread ..... but if you want to see something, I‘ll show it to you.

Thank´s @mephisto for the genetics

Fantasmo Express, day 23, topped at day 16, 4th node
View attachment 982685

Skylar White, same as FE

View attachment 982686

Skylar White

View attachment 982687

Fantasmo Express

View attachment 982689

The older ladies at day 58: on the left Forum Stomper, on the right Orange Diesel, both untopped..only a bit of leaf tucking

View attachment 982690

Orange Diesel

View attachment 982691 View attachment 982692

Well, those are some fine looking plants!! Well done!!

Thanks for the kind words, I just share my experience and knowledge. I started growing in the 1990s. I rocked hydro for a long time. Then I moved to Coco. I love Coco and taught myself how to get clone roots in 5-7 days religiously. I have grown Thousands of plants over the years. Using clear cups and taking Hundreds upon hundreds of clones teaches you a lot about watering properly and the importance of moisture levels.

There must be lots of people on here that share knowledge to help people grow better, but all I know is you have been very helpful to me and my grows are so much better because of it. Especially the germ and seedling stuff with coco and proper moisture. your approach rocks.

There must be lots of people on here that share knowledge to help people grow better, but all I know is you have been very helpful to me and my grows are so much better because of it. Especially the germ and seedling stuff with coco and proper moisture. your approach rocks.

You are so right! It‘s not only about sharing the knowledge ... it‘s also about putting it across. During the years I read a lot of guides and threads but slowandeasy was the man who „made it tangible“ for me.

some great info here. i've finished my first grow and i'll be honest, i still find getting that watering/feeding routine tough. i'm using lightmix soil in 12.5L airpots and i find it a real balancing act to keep 'em moist but too moist. i let the pots dry out too much once or twice from hesitating to water a weighty pot and then find it light as a feather not long afterwards. i never over-watered, but i think i under-watered...

not sure where i was going with this so i'll just wrap up by saying @gringuito98 - lovely plants dude :thumbsup:
@slowandeasy thanks for sharing.

:biggrin:
some great info here. i've finished my first grow and i'll be honest, i still find getting that watering/feeding routine tough. i'm using lightmix soil in 12.5L airpots and i find it a real balancing act to keep 'em moist but too moist. i let the pots dry out too much once or twice from hesitating to water a weighty pot and then find it light as a feather not long afterwards. i never over-watered, but i think i under-watered...

not sure where i was going with this so i'll just wrap up by saying @gringuito98 - lovely plants dude :thumbsup:
@slowandeasy thanks for sharing.

Thanks man!

I‘ve had more or less the same issues but since I follow the advices of slowandeasy, everything is way better.

I start the seedlings in 200 ml (6,76 oz) cups with Canna Coco Professional Plus. The filled cup has a weight of +/- 90 gr (3,2 oz). Then I precharge it with 40 ml (1,4 oz) of water, feeds at 75% strength, top feeding so the cup has a weight of 130 gr (4,6. oz). After popping I water/feed them daily (bottom feeding) until the cup has again 130 gr after the feeding (with 150 gr the cup/coco would be saturated ... so at 130 gr coco is moist but not sodden).

2 days before transplanting, which is done mostly at day 9, I fill my 15 l (3,96 gal) Airpots with a mix of 1 part Canna Coco and 2 parts peat (Plagron lightmix with perlite) ... I like digging in dirt :biggrin: ... and I precharge it with 1,5 l (0,4 gal) water (feeds at full strength). Next day I precharge the Airpot again, this time 1 l (0,26 gal) of water (feeds at full strength and Recharge) and put it into my tent for temperature and I note the weight the pot has, for example 9 kg (19,8 lb). In my set-up and with this coco-peat/perlite-mix my biggest plants drink between 1,5 and 2 l daily. With 2,5 l precharge my substrate never get dryer than it was at the moment I filled it in the pot. So it has always a good level of moisture ..not wet or even sodden.

I do not water the day I transplant the seedling (I just dip the tip of the root bale a second into the feed after taking it out of the cup and before I put it into its new home). I start watering (top feeding) the day after transplanting as far away as possible from the stem -at the very outside of the pot- I water daily and always up to the weight I noted before, in this example 9 kg.

Last edited:
:biggrin:

Thanks man!

I‘ve had more or less the same issues but since I follow the advices of slowandeasy, everything is way better.

I start the seedlings in 200 ml (6,76 oz) cups with Canna Coco Professional Plus. The filled cup has a weight of +/- 90 gr. Then I precharge it with 40 ml (1,4 oz) of water, feeds at 75% strength, top feeding so the cup has a weight of 130 gr (4,6. oz). After popping I water daily (bottom feeding) until the cup has again 130 gr after the feeding.

2 days before transplanting, which is done mostly at day 9, I fill my 15 l (3,96 gal) Airpots with 1 part Canna Coco and 2 parts peat (Plagron lightmix with perlite) ... I like digging in dirt :biggrin: ... and I precharge it with 1,5 l (0,4 gal) water (feeds at full strength). The last day before transplanting the seedlings I precharge the Airpot again, this time 1 l (0,26 gal) of water (feeds at full strength and Recharge). Than I note the weight they have, for example 9 kg (19,8 lb).

I do not water the day I transplant the seedling (I just dip the tip of the root bale a second into the feed before I put it into its new home). I start watering (top feeding) the day after transplanting as far away as possible from the stem -at the very outside of the pot- daily and always up to the weight I noted before, in this example 9 kg.
Notes taken!! That’s some good info, thank you!

Back