Mephisto Genetics UPDATED Seed starting advice in real time with slowandeasy

I have a question, do you have problems doing the transplant with straight Coco? Every time I try to do a transplant of a seedling in Coco, the shit falls apart and I end up doing a bare root transplant. Now, the bare root transplant always takes cuz weed is tough - but I'd love to get the root ball to stay together if I can.

I've killed more plants with peat pots than I have with a weed eater. That's an exaggeration, but only a little bit of one. Peat pots have been pure cancer in my cabinet but others may have better luck I guess.

I have a question, do you have problems doing the transplant with straight Coco? Every time I try to do a transplant of a seedling in Coco, the shit falls apart and I end up doing a bare root transplant. Now, the bare root transplant always takes cuz weed is tough - but I'd love to get the root ball to stay together if I can.

That happens if the coco in the cup is too dry and/or roots aren‘t well developed.

I've killed more plants with peat pots than I have with a weed eater.

I've seen that a lot of people start their seeds in Rapid Rooters and then just stick those in the coco when the roots start to come out of them.

I've seen that a lot of people start their seeds in Rapid Rooters and then just stick those in the coco when the roots start to come out of them.

Most important of all is to be constantly successful. Rapid Routers aren‘t necessary if done properly! If you follow Slow‘s guide, step by step, you will be successful with viable seeds. The problem seems to be that people don‘t follow it conscientiously. Every detail is important, I know from experience. :goodluck:

get yourself a sewing machine fabric similar to smart pots and make very small fabric pots and bury the whole thing hell you could probably buy a 20 pack of cheap socks from walmart cut them in half or 3rds sew the bottoms of 2/3 portions and voila

1 L would be perfect I suspect
https://grownuphydroponics.com/root-nurse-fabric-pots-root-air-pruning-pouches.html
I normally would not be this forward, but that is just not smart. And this is a seed starting thread, not a homemade smart pot tutorial. Peace out

Rapid rooters are a complete waste of money, anyone who says otherwise has already wasted a tonof money.

First off, you need to prep the Coco right. This 1st step will eliminate any falling apart of Coco at trsnsplant, unless you are doing it way to early. That is your own fault then. Please do this and I promise you won't have any issues moving forward. Do this EXACTLY!

1. POKE 4 holes in the bottom of a clear 5 to 9oz cup.

2. Fill the cup with Coco
3. SLOWLY water the Coco with 1/2 strength nutes. The cup should be wet, but not super soaked.
4. Push down on the Coco towards the bottom of the cup. This will pack the Coco and essentially makes it a larger 100% Coco rapid rooter. Water should come out of the holes in the bottom.

5. Push UPWARDS on the bottom of the cup. This releases the pack job you did in step 4.

6. Plant seed and lightly cover eith Coco and a clear cover cup.

Bottom feed using a cup without holes and let it wick up the water from the bottom. If you did not pack the Coco as I stated, your Coco can fall apart. If you are feeding from the top, you most likely are overwatering and the roots will not develope as fast and can fall apart as a result.

But if you do as I say, you won't fail. Your Coco won't fall apart. I have done thousands of plants this way, clones and seedlings. Good luck, peace slow

I've killed more plants with peat pots than I have with a weed eater. That's an exaggeration, but only a little bit of one. Peat pots have been pure cancer in my cabinet but others may have better luck I guess.
Don't want your your time and money on peat pots or peat for that matter. Coco is far superior and you just need to buy a bag of Char Coir Coco and thank me later. If you have access at Char Coir, grab a bag. Clean and ready to use out of tbe bag. Good luck

Back