Looking good may i ask why you use ice in pot's when your finnishing them off is there a legit reason for it or is it just what you do
Cheers dell
It's an old skool grower thing my cuz used to do. Apparently it shocks the plant, forcing it to push resins etc to the plants extremities. I'm specifically harvesting her though on the waxing moon to ensure that gravitational pull is upwards rather than towards the roots ;)

It's an old skool grower thing my cuz used to do. Apparently it shocks the plant, forcing it to push resins etc to the plants extremities. I'm specifically harvesting her though on the waxing moon to ensure that gravitational pull is upwards rather than towards the roots ;)
Cheers lol i have herd off the ice thing before the moon one is new to me does it only work with the moon only or can i get the wife to flash her arse at them will that work you learn something new every day

Looking good may i ask why you use ice in pot's when your finnishing them off is there a legit reason for it or is it just what you do
Cheers dell

Cheers lol i have herd off the ice thing before the moon one is new to me does it only work with the moon only or can i get the wife to flash her arse at them will that work you learn something new every day

The first time I heard about this was from a grower I hitched a lift with to a friends 21st party (back in the day....)
My friend and I were hitching with a nice stash for ourselves and the party.
Guy who picked us up definitely looked like a smoker, turned out he was a professional grower too. (Maybe with a gang?)
Had lots of smoke stops during a one hour lift. :p
I was doing hydro then, DWC, and he said to try ice in the water at the end.
That was a stoned weekend, for sure, hahhaaaaa.....

I don't think it can 'push resin' up the plant, but it can mimic late fall conditions with the cold.
That often forces plants to put in last efforts to protect the calyxes and also forces colors.

I tried it a bit, but wasn't consistent enough, and the ice just melted with not that much of an effect in the end.
But still worth a try, see what happens!

Evening uk grow heads, I have a final dry weight on my first grow, you better check my latest entry in new grower journals if you wanna know lol

The first time I heard about this was from a grower I hitched a lift with to a friends 21st party (back in the day....)
My friend and I were hitching with a nice stash for ourselves and the party.
Guy who picked us up definitely looked like a smoker, turned out he was a professional grower too. (Maybe with a gang?)
Had lots of smoke stops during a one hour lift. :p
I was doing hydro then, DWC, and he said to try ice in the water at the end.
That was a stoned weekend, for sure, hahhaaaaa.....

I don't think it can 'push resin' up the plant, but it can mimic late fall conditions with the cold.
That often forces plants to put in last efforts to protect the calyxes and also forces colors.

I tried it a bit, but wasn't consistent enough, and the ice just melted with not that much of an effect in the end.
But still worth a try, see what happens!
Back when life was care free, I remember some of those days, just about :jointman: I’ll take an after picture see if there’s any difference. I think your right ref resins, it might be a bit to much to ask but nature on occasions surprises me. She’s in the same room as my ice maker so I’ll sporadically top her up to keep her cold. Like you say it’s worth a try and it sounds like that weekend was a super stoner affair, my kind of action:jointman::toke:

Evening uk grow heads, I have a final dry weight on my first grow, you better check my latest entry in new grower journals if you wanna know lol
That’s enough for a fcuk you cruise round South America :toke: 10/10

Last edited:
Canny beat it. Early finish, sunny day and my own home grown. Get to give my girls an extra bit of water too. Going for a walk up the hills and take in the views of good old Glasgow. Looks great from a distance.
20210617_113605.jpg

20210616_232426.jpg

Cheers,
EP3

Back