New Grower Two Tangerine Dream in a tent

looking great [emoji106] growing strong :pass:some folk at altitude hr dont top 35% it dont hold them back,low hr is a lot better than high hr.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:
Thanks! This is what I was thinking too with the humidity @archie, but I've been seeing some upward twisted edges and figured I'd see what I could do to bring it up a bit. Cycling the exhaust / temps and humidity with the inkbirds now. My fan is still way too powerful so turns on at 77 strips humidity to 35% turns off when temps get back to 73, and humidifier kicks in to bring it back to 45%. The cycle repeats every 3-5mins, now I just need to figure out what to do with nighttime temps getting into the mid 60's. There's a heat mat in there but it's not accomplishing much.

yeah that can be a problem,air getting sucked out before it has the chance to heat up.my ext fan is real small,but even so i feel the need to slow it down a bit in winter with a cheap speed controler
IMG_3618.JPG

i just got an inkbird to,logic is a bit fuzzy.better suited to closer temp ranges.i already had one thermostat,i should have bought another instead of the inkbird.
edit vpd chart
vapor_pressure_deficit_relative_humidity_chart_small.jpg

I’m a little late to the party but subbed in. Welcome to the group! Your plants look great and I really like that tent with it’s separate cloning/ seedling sections. Very cool. A word on the fencing for scrogging purposes; definitely try to keep metal away from your plants.

Welcome to you as well @wes! :D, never too late :pass: The fencing is vinyl coated and I've picked the best section of it without any breaks or cuts in the coating. Hopefully this has me covered on the non-metal. I picked up a bunch of eye screws and some nylon twine as a backup.

The tent is good in theory but leaves quite a bit to be desired. They're not available in 1680d so quality is an issue, and I wouldn't trust it for flowering a photo while cloning or running a different schedule on the other side. The divider wall velcros in, but leaks light everywhere - the Velcro would work if it had zippers at the juncture too, maybe? Ventilation is another issue. There's no air passing from the one side to the other except through the light gaps, if they fixed the light gaps, there'd be none at all. I used the small side for starting this run, and planned to use it eventually for doing some experiments with photos (cloning /grafting). But I'm starting to think I'm better off using my 39x39x70 Marshydro tent for vegging/cloning and this fully as a 4x3 flowering tent. My last run in the mars was one critical purple plant and she nearly filled the footprint ...decisions decisions...lol

yeah that can be a problem,air getting sucked out before it has the chance to heat up.my ext fan is real small,but even so i feel the need to slow it down a bit in winter with a cheap speed controler
View attachment 978010
i just got an inkbird to,logic is a bit fuzzy.better suited to closer temp ranges.i already had one thermostat,i should have bought another instead of the inkbird.
edit vpd chart
View attachment 978011
Thanks for sending that chart over Archie, I'll add it to my wall :D! The fan is on the lowest setting on the speed controller and the inkbird set to 75deg with a 1deg variance either way. It still goes up to 77 before enough air is exchanged to bring the temp back down to 75 though and then fan turns off and temp continues to drop another 1-1.5deg.

Maybe I'm just mimicking nature now, nice days with a cool, dry breeze hahaha...facepalm

Refilled the rez last night, was down to about 2" deep and PH had crept up to 6.86. Last week it managed to get way up to 7.5 so I adjusted back down to 6.5 midweek. Girls hadn't shown any sign of stress, tho they're both really hungry for the calmag. Preflowers starting on TD1, but still vegging hard with minimal stretch. First pistols showing on TD2.

Raised light back up to 20"
PH @ 6.5
1150ppm
74day/69nite
45% rh

20181126_214452.jpg
20181126_214436.jpg
20181126_214409.jpg
20181126_214342.jpg
20181126_214306.jpg

Thanks man! Yours are looking great too!
At the moment I'm struggling whether or not to do a major defoliation. I haven't seen much stretch on the main branches but the undergrowth has gone pretty wild! I've got a pair of shrubs in here with TONS of inner growth, branching, and budsites - but is it time to expose them to direct light?

It could just be me - I can't seem to leave them alone this round..

Top view
20181128_214818.jpg

Side
20181128_221248.jpg

If I could get under / into the canopy I would, but it's really that tight...the girls sure are happy tho!

:toke: :pass:

Thoughts and comments appreciated, Happy growing!

If they were mine. I would be defoliating to give as many budsites as possible direct access to lights. When they stretch, I would want as many potential shoots as possible. But I am strongly in the defoliation camp! Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with them as well, try taking out some of the unnecessary lower stuff and clear out as much space as you can now. You can strip them down pretty low and in one week they will come back strong bro. They look very healthy and loving the environment you made for them.

Keep up the good work bro! Very nice job on the training too. The canopy will be nice for sure. Expose as many bud sites as possible...

Not to mention air flow also. They need to breathe. She will thank you for sure. All that lower fan leaves, and really almost 40 percent could be removed. Clean them out and the girls will reward you.:vibe::vibe:

Back