Have at least a couple of seedlings out of the soil.
Both in pot [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], so I think it's the Cream Mandarine XL and a Safari Indica.
Photos soon...

Weather has turned a little cooler these days, 16-19C.
Will slow them down, but should not stop them.
Just got to get those seedlings out of the soil.

So.... over night, looks like a rat or maybe some small bird was digging around my pots.
Lots of little thai basil dug up.

And the two canna seedlings were out of the pots..............................................

I put them back in, watered, hope they'll be okay.

A mess.

Going to put up a mesh screen around the window box.

First off, I loved your previous thread so I'm subbed in on this one.

I have never had great luck with guerrilla growing in pots because they tend to dry out. My dad has done them, but he would usually knock the bottom out of the pot so the plant could grow into the ground a bit. I've found that most people who are not cops, forestry people, or growers will walk past a plant in natural ground because people only think they know what weed looks like. If its in a pot though, the jig is up if it gets spotted. Hell, even a lot of city cops will walk past a pot plant if they are just out and about.

I've started adding water crystals to my outdoor grows, but of course I live in one of the hottest places in the US.

I'm curious, do you recall which strain of Top Tao it is that you have? I've got 10 Tao Super Auto's and 10 Tao Auto Blueberrys sitting in a drawer waiting for March.

Keep growing girl, your grows are awesome!

:goodluck:

First off, I loved your previous thread so I'm subbed in on this one.

Hey there, @Archaic -- thanks for your kind words! :D

I have never had great luck with guerrilla growing in pots because they tend to dry out. My dad has done them, but he would usually knock the bottom out of the pot so the plant could grow into the ground a bit.

This has been a concern of mine, too.
The last two seasons -- no problem, because it was in a place with massive rainfall.
If anything, far too much rain and water and mist and fog...
But in this new location -- still kind of wet at times, but a small pot dries quick, it's true.

I am still thinking about planting in the ground.
I have a nice little trowel that I can dig with.
I just have to find the right place.
Could go on the edge of one of these little river side urban gardens.
But last time I tried that, some of them got mowed by a weed trimmer.....

Still searching for the perfect place.

I've found that most people who are not cops, forestry people, or growers will walk past a plant in natural ground because people only think they know what weed looks like. If its in a pot though, the jig is up if it gets spotted. Hell, even a lot of city cops will walk past a pot plant if they are just out and about.

Then you'll laugh at some of my earlier grows here, haha!
Last year, garden workers moved my 2 gal pots out of the way to cut down the weeds, and then put them back...
I do get what you mean about seeing a pot vs seeing a plant in the ground (or NOT seeing a plant in the ground).

I've started adding water crystals to my outdoor grows, but of course I live in one of the hottest places in the US.

Could do if I keep in pots.
But in the ground here, no need I think, it's not a dry place.
I'm guessing you're in Arizona, or New Mexico or Texas or something.
Totally different from here, my friend, totally different.
You have the advantage of low humidity during flowering though -- I'm jealous!

I'm curious, do you recall which strain of Top Tao it is that you have? I've got 10 Tao Super Auto's and 10 Tao Auto Blueberrys sitting in a drawer waiting for March.

It was supposedly Early Top Tao.
It's supposedly photo, but they flowered on the 3rd or 4th nodes at 18/6, and were really tiny.
I wonder if they are like a Sweet Seeds "fast version" -- photo x auto, but pheno-typed as auto?
Or, if the people who packed them just fncked up and put the wrong seeds in.
They were freebie freebies - not just the regular freebies, but then thrown in on top of that.
Through www.seed-city.com .
I still have maybe 10-20 of those seeds, though they look very weak...
Daddy was purple, if that's any consolation or reason to plant them.
I really should.

Keep growing girl, your grows are awesome!

:goodluck:

Thanks, hombre, you sound like an ganja farmer, amigo.

Love and hugs,
MJS
:love:

So, they're popping out of the soil now, at least.
The two little seedlings that got ripped out of pot [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] are still alive, though prob stunted.
But I have no idea which is the auto and which is the photo....
20171122 Seedlings (1).jpg

And then now we have two more seedlings in pot [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] -- one auto (Green Crack or Jack 47) and one photo Safari Indica.
20171122 Seedlings (2).jpg

They're inside now, at a window, while I fix a mesh screen outside the original south facing window box.
Should have that sorted out in a day or two.

The other pots are some basil and stuff that got knocked around, but still surviving.

So, exactly 7 days after I dropped the first round in the water...
In a sudden moment, I dropped another
8 auto - one each of the original 8 strains of autos.
8 photo - all Safari Indica X.

I'm going to reseed each pot with 2 autos again, and 1 photo.
And the other 8 photos are going into a new 1L pot of their own.

I figure no use having a bunch of seeds and now planting them.
The more in the pot, the more choice I can have.
More chance one of them will make it through to the harvest.

So, just down to seed stash of 3 autos - the Sweet Seeds strains, cos originally bought 3+1 seeds each.
The Fast Buds, Mazar and Blue Amnesia all used up.
Only one seed looked rather week, a Fast Buds Green Crack.
Out of all the original batch of seeds bought, the only one that looked slightly weak.
I figure it's still quite viable, and will probably crack at least.

Now more seeds on the go....

Back