Transitioning to Organic

Well I think this is as good a time to do an update on what is going on.

Growing like weeds.

_DSC1811adjweb.jpg
_DSC1819adjweb.jpg
_DSC1820adjweb.jpg
_DSC1821adjweb.jpg
_DSC1822adjweb.jpg
adjweb.jpg
_DSC1811adjweb.jpg

@KonopCh

The lights are all Citizen 1212's. I am running 3 3k's and 3 3.5k's in a triangle pattern. The heat sinks are all recycled from computers I have worked on or built out over the years. Power supplies are all the cheap offshore 50watt drivers off of Ebay. I doubt that they are 50W drivers but I have not measured one as yet. Probably down a couple of points as is normal for cheaper units. I just epoxy mount the chips and built custom wire connectors and its working well.

I have 5 more 1212's to build out for this room and I am building a mobile Veg package that I will be able to move between my old tent and the cave. Hopefully I can get it moving to a system of Veg tent and flower. Since it takes many of these cultivars upwards of 80+ days to finish I think I could roll a 2x4 veg tent every 30 days and make a nice perpetual grow. I might wind up giving the 2x4 over to the easy2gro pots set up in scrog after I get a run on them. I bet a 2 position autopot would cram a 2x4 with bud.

oh ok,well I guess that would solve a stinky issue. but a true STINKY non sweet underlying smell means its off balanced and outta whack. too much compost and a heavy tea.

try a few of the starter teas. like the very first one on my AACT /Tea thread my entire template is based around. if that stinks ,that means you got bad materials. that recipe is the bomb man!! but your call. just letting ya know bro. I personally do tea somewhat often. happy growing /harvesting buddy

I gave all this a moderate defoliation on Saturday and looking at it today you would not believe the response. Gonna be some budsites on a couple of these that should put some nice fat colas. Starting to rosette up in preparation for the big stretch. Bring it on.

Things are rolling right along. I run 24 hours and I think that it messes with the timing of flower a bit. I am running out at around 35 days and I am just now starting to see them setting up for the stretch. I have been feeding them robustly a mixture of Fish Emulsion and Herculean Harvest with Demeter's Destiny and a small amount of Silicone. I will probably let them run for another 3 or 4 days and then a moderate flush followed by Flowering Nutes. So far I am satisfied overall with the pace and condition of the plants.

Pics
_DSC1852adjweb.jpg
_DSC1860adjweb.jpg
_DSC1862adjweb.jpg
_DSC1868adjweb.jpg

And a quickie of a nugg I was toying with last night before I killed her with fire.
_DSC1833Pyramid Auto NYC Bud.jpg

Oh, and worthy of mention to anyone out there wrestling with water quality issues from city water, I have been really surprised at the difference a $20 carbon shower filter has done. It dropped my ppms down below 100 from 300-400 before. Less unwanted salts equals more wanted salts. And Its claim to be able to filter out 97% Chlorine seems to bear itself out in the foliage.

I originally bought the filter to help my girls with their hair as it is quite ummm... shall we say unique? It has been a win win in all departments.

Back