Outdoor Trailanimal's 2016 Greenhouse plus Voodoo Girl

defo great growing.so far north i wouldnt have thought it was possible,but not only is it possible but many a fine example to be seen here.a fine job done indeed.
would it be possible to build a shelf and run a double height greenhouse next season ? finding the extra power for lights would be a big task.could you peddle a bike to power a generator to drive a light for 18hours a day ?
:pighug:

thanks so much for the kind words 912, I got the sun power to run more light in the spring, I feel I can get 2 to do real good in the spring window. And, archie just chopped an auto mazar, fast for a big one, might do it for me, poor au just too slow

Cant wait to see them get going man! What strains will you run in the window to start off the season? Have you considered a window start for a bunch of longer running strains like the AU's to give them a headstart? The instatransplant pots I made would work great in a situation like that

defo great growing.so far north i wouldnt have thought it was possible,but not only is it possible but many a fine example to be seen here.a fine job done indeed.
would it be possible to build a shelf and run a double height greenhouse next season ? finding the extra power for lights would be a big task.could you peddle a bike to power a generator to drive a light for 18hours a day ?
:pighug:
haha, well archie, when we moved up to the mountains 22 yrs ago, that first winter had a bicycle generator, it worked for as long as we peddled, had light, 1 sm cfl, couldn't charge even small storage batteries for latter use. Didn't take long to decided what to do. Solar panels, large battery bank, backup gas generator. 12 yrs in the mts too sheltered from wind for a wind genny. Then we moved down to the big rvr, on the edge of the tundra and now have wind generation. The amount of juice required for a decent indoor setup is way beyond what I can produce alternatively. In summer, more power than we can use, no need for light, running two 12v freezers, pumping water, internet, netflix, etc. Winter no sun. Windy periods in winter wind genny does the job, when it's calm and oh so cold, conserve and run backup generator.

Cant wait to see them get going man! What strains will you run in the window to start off the season? Have you considered a window start for a bunch of longer running strains like the AU's to give them a headstart? The instatransplant pots I made would work great in a situation like that
Archie gifted me some Mephisto. Planning on a tooth decay and sour blues in the window. Running 2 quick ones in the window will get me fresh smoke in early summer. I have thought about using the window zone as a nursery, but leaning toward a quick early crop. I plan to double down on the strains that are doing it for me and plant more pots to try new stuff.

archie, on the shelf idea, not enough room, but I can grow a row of small ones in front of the taller ones and potentially bring twice as many plants to maturity and have more than enough for a harvest to harvest pull, my brass, no, golden ring

So are you planning to do an indoor grow this winter then? Do you usually?
I live off grid, so the relatively cheap electricity is unavailable to me. Winter being the down time of year for homegrown electricity, 4 months little or no solar, wind genny good when it's windy. To run enough led wattage for so many hours would require a storage battery bank about 10x what I have. I have plenty of high latitude intense light. My job is to maximize the growing potential for my setup

Back