Looking very frosty mate! Have you cut out N alltogether?
I think the buds on that super skunk are going to be dense as!! You can tell by the way those single leafs are forming right at the stem that there will only be a little bit of them poking out when there is a big fat bud on there :p
Are you thinking of stripping all the lower branches or leaving it el natural ;)
I did cut out N about two weeks ago but I've fed the bushy N again because she has really thin branches that are trying to grow bud. My thinking was that a nitrogen boost might encourage some thickness in these branches. Is this ok? I haven't seen the plant stress from this tho. The tall super skunk hasn't had any N since I've stopped it.
I think I'm gonna leave it ai natural for now. I'll strip the fan leaves the week before I flush and I'll strip the bottom during flush.
Does this sound ok or shall I do that things differently?

Peace

I did cut out N about two weeks ago but I've fed the bushy N again because she has really thin branches that are trying to grow bud. My thinking was that a nitrogen boost might encourage some thickness in these branches. Is this ok? I haven't seen the plant stress from this tho. The tall super skunk hasn't had any N since I've stopped it.
I think I'm gonna leave it ai natural for now. I'll strip the fan leaves the week before I flush and I'll strip the bottom during flush.
Does this sound ok or shall I do that things differently?

Peace

It's on you brother. Personally I would just leave the N from the CalMag do its work if you have any in your product, secondly the leaves look dark enough to support the plant for a few more weeks of life without any additional N...
Too much N slows bud growth and bad taste. Hopfully some of the pros can help answer?

I'm curious for my grow too see, also with the stripping branches and leaves too. Whenever I stumble across info related to "lollipoping" they always suggest the energy the plant uses to grow the stuff you would throw away Is wasted... But the defense is, the energy that is used to grow those parts is then spent on repairing... So im torn I'm always worried I might stress the plant, doing so stresses me out lol

But anyway looking great!

Sorry for ramble ;)

It's on you brother. Personally I would just leave the N from the CalMag do its work if you have any in your product, secondly the leaves look dark enough to support the plant for a few more weeks of life without any additional N...
Too much N slows bud growth and bad taste. Hopfully some of the pros can help answer?

I'm curious for my grow too see, also with the stripping branches and leaves too. Whenever I stumble across info related to "lollipoping" they always suggest the energy the plant uses to grow the stuff you would throw away Is wasted... But the defense is, the energy that is used to grow those parts is then spent on repairing... So im torn I'm always worried I might stress the plant, doing so stresses me out lol

But anyway looking great!

Sorry for ramble ;)
Hmmm interesting stuff mate. I'll give her one more feed of N I think then go from there. Personally I'm on the side of leaving the leaves on there but I will cut them down if they're blocking light going to any bud sites

I'm curious for my grow too see, also with the stripping branches and leaves too. Whenever I stumble across info related to "lollipoping" they always suggest the energy the plant uses to grow the stuff you would throw away Is wasted... But the defense is, the energy that is used to grow those parts is then spent on repairing. So im torn I'm always worried I might stress the plant...

Yes, I see that.... and you make a good point, but.... It's all about the improved Light....

If you defoliate, lollipop, leaf tuck, etc, correctly.... i.e. to open up previously shaded/covered bud areas, so the light can penetrate to the mid & lower buds, then a lot of those buds grow and are usable and not "stuff you would throw away". Win [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]

Even more true if you use the trim and smaller bud for bubble hash:-

More light to the bud area = more tric production in the trim = better quality, more potent Hash - Win [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]

And, we haven't even looked at other ways this helps & benefits the plant, for example:-

Less leaves = Better Plant Airflow = Less chance of Rot or Mould = Less stress on the plant = A Healthier plant = Better growth = Better quality Bud - Win [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]

Just my humble opinion - but that's the way I do it (mostly) and it works for me.

Good Morning AFN Intros...:bighug:..can I move this thread out to one of the grow sections for you..it is getting a bit Large for intros...:coffee:

Yes, I see that.... and you make a good point, but.... It's all about the improved Light....

If you defoliate, lollipop, leaf tuck, etc, correctly.... i.e. to open up previously shaded/covered bud areas, so the light can penetrate to the mid & lower buds, then a lot of those buds grow and are usable and not "stuff you would throw away". Win [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]

Even more true if you use the trim and smaller bud for bubble hash:-

More light to the bud area = more tric production in the trim = better quality, more potent Hash - Win [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]

And, we haven't even looked at other ways this helps & benefits the plant, for example:-

Less leaves = Better Plant Airflow = Less chance of Rot or Mould = Less stress on the plant = A Healthier plant = Better growth = Better quality Bud - Win [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]

Just my humble opinion - but that's the way I do it (mostly) and it works for me.
Very good point mate. I've been reading a lot about this topic and I see the pros and cons for both sides of the debate. So considering I have two of the same strain I think I'm gonna trim one and leave the other and see which works best for me

:yeah: Lady..and I've heard that before..

don't ask me to put me hand in your pocket coz you have a Present for me..:devil:..my mammy told me there would be boys like you on the net.

Sorry...I have a problem resisting a straight line

Where woukd you Like to Go..let me know and I will Magiically transport you....:zen:

:yeah: Lady..and I've heard that before..

don't ask me to put me hand in your pocket coz you have a Present for me..:devil:..my mammy told me there would be boys like you on the net.

Sorry...I have a problem resisting a straight line

Where woukd you Like to Go..let me know and I will Magiically transport you....:zen:

Hahaha. beautiful words!! I'm blushing! You can take this thread to wherever you see fit. I'm quite the Luddite with forums

Back