Lighting Timber Grow Lights COB Based LED Fixtures

Are MH/HPS days limited with the arrival of Cree CXB3590s and BridgeLux Vero29 ?

• Total voters
I knew my light had a actual draw of 660 watts emitters to close humm things I have to look out for. I still have grown a gram a watt with it at least but I know there is better equipment to be had. The optics lights are the actual draw so they use a full three watts per LED instead of close to half with the leds in my COB? Here is few plants that have grown under my cheap leds pretty impressive too. I can hardly wait to try a top bin light or lights to see what I can produce then PEACE BROTHER PS all autos and grown under 24/7 light regimeView attachment 508590 View attachment 508594 View attachment 508592View attachment 508593
That looks nice..
The optics use 60watt vero18s at 1amp thru magnetic 60 degree lenses and 90watt vero29s at 2.1 amps thru 90degree magnetic lenses.
Yes with the COB spacing it would be hard to tell unless you are running multiple make fixtures.
90watt vero29 needs to be 10inches center square from the others. any closer than that and overlapping intensity will cause burn
What type area are u covering with 660watt?

I have a 4X8 but by all measurement it is closer to 5X9 I use all my lights in the tent Three apollos three cheap throwaway led 300 watts 140 from the wall I am not exactly sure what the apollos run at. But I put the 1200 660 actual draw in the middle up high so as to spread out as far as I can I then place all the others around it. I have a northern lights auto under it right now the thing is a beast of a plant wait until you see it you will be surprised at what they can do my friend but I know they use cheap stuff to make these but they still will perform. I would in the future love to cut down my amount of electricity I am using and produce copious amounts of MEDS with CREE. When our dollar is closer to par with the US dollar it will be feasible for me to look at them. or if I just get the urge to spend the dosh I will be asking you my friend for the skiinny on what to get. You have the tech right down I am not so tech savy. I need to read and read. I Am glad you are here to spread the knowledge we need more of that here.

Indy in getting rid of my hps and looking at a couple of Mars 2 leds. Have a2x4 foot tent now and will b upgrading to 4x4 my next run. Debating what size to get. Ran a 600 hps and got over a pound dry with four plants. I want enough light in my tent to do that again but with led hopefully getting better quality. Im so loston what to get. Got 400 to 600 us to spend. ..please help lol

Nice thread Indy thanks for sharing, some good info and advice here :thumbsup: Those fixtures you've been working on look sweet... I'm just getting into some DIY stuff myself, got a couple Vero29's 3000K with MW drivers to try out for my next grow (running them at 2100ma/80w). I was originally looking at the Cree's but for the price difference I went for the better value instead :p I've just been using the cheap Chinese lights up until now with good results so interested to see what these can do. ;)
:pass:

Indy in getting rid of my hps and looking at a couple of Mars 2 leds. Have a2x4 foot tent now and will b upgrading to 4x4 my next run. Debating what size to get. Ran a 600 hps and got over a pound dry with four plants. I want enough light in my tent to do that again but with led hopefully getting better quality. Im so loston what to get. Got 400 to 600 us to spend. ..please help lol
With that kinda $. I would rec 2 200watt optic vero29 4000K

Nice thread Indy thanks for sharing, some good info and advice here :thumbsup: Those fixtures you've been working on look sweet... I'm just getting into some DIY stuff myself, got a couple Vero29's 3000K with MW drivers to try out for my next grow (running them at 2100ma/80w). I was originally looking at the Cree's but for the price difference I went for the better value instead :p I've just been using the cheap Chinese lights up until now with good results so interested to see what these can do. ;)
:pass:
That's awesome. You will love the V29 upgrade @ 2.1. Which meanwell u usin? and reflectors or lenses?

Will those compete with or best the hps? My biggest worry is upgrading my lights and not getting the yield I did lol but If the quality is better ill take a couple ounce dry loss. As I did get over a pound of 4 thc bomb autos lol I'll check into those real quick, thank you indy

Little pricey lol I have like 600 max total for one or two lights :/ only other option for me would b to buy the tent now, buy a cheap reflector for my 1000w hps, I blew the 600 and ballast drunk, and save some money from this harvest and next and get real good leds.

1700watts CXB3590s,Vero18s,Vero29, Cree XTE/XPE putting that work in:smoking:
IMG_1991.JPG

Most are 1st wk flower and few that are wk4 flower
IMG_1981.JPG

The Cree XTE/XPE are my last mono based fixtures to be around. I love my reds:headbang:

IMG_1996.JPG

area 51 are out of stock but for 90 watts of power. That is good price

Back