Lighting Timber Grow Lights COB Based LED Fixtures

Are MH/HPS days limited with the arrival of Cree CXB3590s and BridgeLux Vero29 ?

• Total voters
You have a very nice array of leds Indy! Congratulations.

The g/W number is fabulous thinking I just fired up my diy led with CXB3590s today.
I use the 3000K top bin version and drive them with 1400mA for 50W/cob and find the intensity pretty damn good for my tent(2x4 feet).
The driver is dimmable so for now I drive them at half power for total 75W.
Building another 3 cobs soon for total 300W.

If I reach 1g/W in my first cycle I'll be very happy.

Which is your favorite configuration for an all-around led grow light?

Cheers

My favorite is CXB200 3000K 80 fixture Ive been working on over last year and its just hitting the market. Official site launch is 12/1
There is CXB200 CXB3590 CBbin 3k or 4k option
Vero240 Vero29 3k or 4k option
IMG_1868.JPG

No_1.JPG

Very nice work, Indy!
I hope your creation hits the market soon, there are many people who want CXBs as their new light source but cannot build for themselves, so a panel like yours comes at the right time.

So I see you're more for higher intensiry, I also like that. It's a good platform for shifting on from hps where intensity is high.
I read a lot the threads about such DIY projects and must say the numbers are always impressive, no matter the current you always get great efficency with this configuration.
I also like the "soft" route with more cobs at lower watts for a more even light distribution, but it has higher initial cost, probably not so good for selling them after.

You know what I suggest?
Talk to the AFN owners and mods, pick a couple testers and make your own forum section here, it should help you reach potentially interested people and spread the word quicker. If Mars have their section, you should too.
I fully support this kind of business and if I were from US I'd probably have one of your 100W lights. Would probably build my own too or try to make a similar business as you;):)

Best of luck and please post more pictures along your grows.

Cheers

Hey Indy, I'm looking to light up a 3'9" x3'9" x72" tent I want to go led of some sort. What would you recommend?

Back