Lighting Timber Grow Lights COB Based LED Fixtures

Are MH/HPS days limited with the arrival of Cree CXB3590s and BridgeLux Vero29 ?

• Total voters
Very nice work, Indy!
I hope your creation hits the market soon, there are many people who want CXBs as their new light source but cannot build for themselves, so a panel like yours comes at the right time.

So I see you're more for higher intensiry, I also like that. It's a good platform for shifting on from hps where intensity is high.
I read a lot the threads about such DIY projects and must say the numbers are always impressive, no matter the current you always get great efficency with this configuration.
I also like the "soft" route with more cobs at lower watts for a more even light distribution, but it has higher initial cost, probably not so good for selling them after.

You know what I suggest?
Talk to the AFN owners and mods, pick a couple testers and make your own forum section here, it should help you reach potentially interested people and spread the word quicker. If Mars have their section, you should too.
I fully support this kind of business and if I were from US I'd probably have one of your 100W lights. Would probably build my own too or try to make a similar business as you;):)

Best of luck and please post more pictures along your grows.

Cheers
I will def post more pics of grows if pepes wanna see them. The new site will be live 12/1 and I will let everyone know address. There will be promo code NEXTGEN and save some cash. Discrete shipping labeled fragile and protected very well. International is available on request
I did some testing while back for company that configures 6 Vero18 @1amp 186watts 2x2 spaced close and the top canopy coverage/intensity was good,but middle down buds were airy/light. Buds middle down with 100watt CXBs/ 120watt Vero29s with Ledil Stellas middle down are dense. Just real hard IMO to punch thru the canopy adequetly with the under 60watt CXBs/Veros
Flower 12/2014 Cree XTE/XPE,Osram OSLON SSL80s 5gallon root pouch Coco/Perlite Botanicare Expert Coco schedule Topped/Supercropped/Tied down
GEDC2644.JPG

I can honestly say that if your a mid to high level grower? Invest in CXB3590/Vero29 Meanwell Powered 3000K flower runs, 4000K full cycle. If your running your fixtures 12/12 365? Then Bye something high quality,because it sucks losing fixture from emitter failure.
COBs are changing the game with service abilty. They are easy to rapair with basic handtools.
This KIND K5 750 was 2014 LED grow light the year. Its has maybe 30% emitter failure 11months 12/12.
IMG_0197.JPG

Last edited:
I usually run 18/6 but my tent is plugged up with some slow movers that's why I want to light up the small tent. I don't have a huge budget to work with but I'm looking to save on the other end.

I usually run 18/6 but my tent is plugged up with some slow movers that's why I want to light up the small tent. I don't have a huge budget to work with but I'm looking to save on the other end.
U wanna go mono or COB?

I will def post more pics of grows if pepes wanna see them. The new site will be live 12/1 and I will let everyone know address. There will be promo code NEXTGEN and save some cash. Discrete shipping labeled fragile and protected very well. International is available on request
I did some testing while back for company that configures 6 Vero18 @1amp 186watts 2x2 spaced close and the top canopy coverage/intensity was good,but middle down buds were airy/light. Buds middle down with 100watt CXBs/ 120watt Vero29s with Ledil Stellas middle down are dense. Just real hard IMO to punch thru the canopy adequetly with the under 60watt CXBs/Veros
Flower 12/2014 Cree XTE/XPE,Osram OSLON SSL80s 5gallon root pouch Coco/Perlite Botanicare Expert Coco schedule Topped/Supercropped/Tied down
View attachment 507323

Any promotional sales and advertising must be approved by AFN Administration before publicly posting; please contact @Mossy or @GoAuto6 with your request. Thanks bud! :pass:

Im clueless, quite technically challenged if you will. Like I said hps guy for the most part. I have a couple mars 300's but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Ive noticed that anything driven under 60watts has to be put so close to canopy it cuts coverage area down quite bit over the higher wattage COBs can do at 20 to 24inches
if you put on the same panel instead of 2x 60W -> 4x 30W in relatively close proximity and by that driving them much more efficiently, then the same panel will produce more light per input power over the same area. More light -> more intensity-> more growth.

What I have found running what some people would call CHEAP led lights is if you run them 24/7 growing AUTOS they seem too last not one burnt out light and the most I paid for one light was 400.00 US roughly and 200 US a piece for my apollos and 75 a piece for my square UFO lights I grow MONSTERS with cheap lights simple as that. And if you want decent lights do your homework no need to spend huge amounts on a led light it is just not needed IMO. There is a really cool video on youtube it is from 2012 this is very prudent on led lights and growing with them a huge help to me..

Last edited:
Back