Lighting Timber Grow Lights COB Based LED Fixtures

Are MH/HPS days limited with the arrival of Cree CXB3590s and BridgeLux Vero29 ?

• Total voters
That's awesome. You will love the V29 upgrade @ 2.1. Which meanwell u usin? and reflectors or lenses?
Yeah I hope so, got a LPC-100-2100 for each COB... seemed like the perfect match for the V29. Haven't decided if I'll be using any optics yet, seems like a lot of people just use them as is... might go for like a 90° reflector though. What's your take, any recommendations?

area 51 are out of stock but for 90 watts of power. That is good price
Yeah the A51 LEDs have always been on top of the new tech compared to the bigger companies... and for very reasonable prices. I'm basically copying their W90's for my DIY lights and it's only costing me about $100 CDN per COB :thumbsup:

Hansbrick will you make a thread on your DIY PLEASE. That would be wicked brother. If you could.

Yeah I hope so, got a LPC-100-2100 for each COB... seemed like the perfect match for the V29. Haven't decided if I'll be using any optics yet, seems like a lot of people just use them as is... might go for like a 90° reflector though. What's your take, any recommendations?
I rec part # FCN14823 Angela-RZ-XW Ledil. Its a holder/reflector kit that makes it easy to put on and off. Its 90degrees
IMO I believe the mid 70s angle on the COB optics for the sweetspot

I am using the angelas now and there off. U can see them sittin on fixture in pic on last page if u wanna check em out

Last edited:
Yeah the A51 LEDs have always been on top of the new tech compared to the bigger companies... and for very reasonable prices. I'm basically copying their W90's for my DIY lights and it's only costing me about $100 CDN per COB :thumbsup:
I do like there monos. The RWs were solid and manufactured in the US with Meanwell. The COBs are different story. Freeair and Chinese manufactured now. They are cheaper though
Which driver are u runnin with v29?

I rec running Vero29 with NPF 90 42 or HLG 120H 36B dimmable independently with both. HLG is IMO best driver available for V29 for high production Cannabis cultivation
The HLG 185H C1400B(Dimmable) is the best to run 2 72volt CXB3590s also. Being able to dim the power to COBs from 100% down to 10% make it very adaptable to all growing environments.

Last edited:
Cool man those reflectors look good. I've got these Meanwell drivers LPC-100-2100 didn't need a dimmable one, these are just CC @ 2.1A.

Timber LED Vero240 4000K (left) CXB200 3000K(right) with a selection of 4 HSO Blue Dreams Day 4 Flower in a 2ft7in x 4ft9in area with 440watts:thumbsup: Cree CXB3590s/Bridgelux Vero29s@dlplampsource
IMG_2035.JPG

Last edited:
How are you getting 60w from a vero18 at 1amp? I've beening getting the parts to build my own light and I got the vero 18's and at 1.05amps they will only get to about 31w each.

Back