New Grower TheMongol: Real Strange Grow Matters

In theory, 24/0 would have more photosynthesis time, and create more energy and carbon for the plant. In practice outside of a laboratory I bet it makes little to no change from plant to plant. I would bet the average increase is tiny. The decrease in yield going lower than 18/6 would get larger. Assuming environment is the same, etc.

Thanks Green Genes ... the main question is ... When Flowering an auto flower plant will you get bigger better buds at 18/6 or 24/0 or some variation in between ... the science behind why would be nice to know too ....
:pass:

Hey mate,

i believe that the more light they get the bigger the yield, but changing lightcycle in one grow would not is not recommended......look what Adrain/DP answered on my mail i send....
:hookah:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

I have just taken a quick look at your thread at the autoflower.net forum.
Indeed it seems that your plants are a little bit slow to go into flowering.
However we sometimes see that autoflowers can take a little longer if the conditions are not ideal.
Stress can cause them to delay their flowering responses a bit, although autoflowers can even grow in a 24/0 light schedule it is not recommended to change the light cycles during the grow.
Pick a cycle that you would like to use, 18/6 -20/4 or 24/0 and stick with it.
About the 1min sunlight, I personally don’t think this is a real issue, if it would have been longer than it could have caused a lot of stress.
Autoflowers can also be flowered on 12/12 light schedule but as you might know the more light they receive the bigger they become and the better your harvest will be.
They were specially bred to give the grower a very fast crop, no matter where you are growing.
I think the growers at the forum already steered you in the right directions, with the flowering nutes, the PH values and such.
What is your min/max temperature in your grow room? What about the humidity levels?
What is your water temperature by the way? Have you ever measured the temperature of the roots?
Good luck with the rest of your grow, I have a feeling they will soon get on it with it :)
By the way, in case the plants don’t seem to be reacting to any of the things you try (which I don’t hope) I would recommend to put them in a 12/12 light regime before you think about cutting them down.
This must really encourage them to go into flowering, even for the occasional plant that is missing the autogen, but these chances are very rare though and I don’t believe it is possible that all of your plants would be affected by this.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Adrian
Dutch Passion

:hookah:

I´m glad that my plants didn´t take a miff that i reduced the lightcycle from 20/4 to 18/6, but I´m not going to risk to go back in 20/4 for not stressing now......and they like it also at 18/6....
after ligths got on adn before feeding i took 2 shots by flash and without.......look:drool:

AM 1, she´s now at 86 cm!!!
09.03.17 003.JPG

AM 3, she´s now at 81 cm!!!
09.03.17 001.JPG

What do you mean? :pass:

Later i´ll take the PH-tests...

:smoking: No worries for the roots Mongol, as long as you don't try near the base and hit the main tap, you're fine! My pots get SOLID with roots top to bottom, and they aren't fazed by the testing, so go ahead and check,... :thumbsup: stay on your current light sched'!...
...yeah, I think they stalled out some and will take longer than usual,.. breeder times are pretty "optimistic" even for minimal ripeness at harvest, just too many other factors involved that can extend times,...
They look great my friend! :dancer::spels: :dancer: :d5: ... too bad about the CBD,.. almost a good problem to have-? the roots are fantastic though, and a very good sign mate!

@Waira

Hey Mate,

thank you very much to be close to my grow, i feel honored:worship:

So, if a Staff-Member known as a " vast indoor-grower" advises you to take the ph-test of soil, i would be stupid not to do it, here the results....

AU 2:
ph 004.JPG

AU 4:
ph 001.JPG

In both cases it means ph-neutral......how can it be?

After testing ph-runin and runoff i thought ph inpot is to high, following Wairas advise i went down slightly from ph 6.5 to 6.3 and then 6.0, now alls pots had been feed about 3-6 times by 6.0 runin and ph-test tells ph-inpot ist ph-neutral at 7.0...????

But having soil ph inpot at ph-neutral is not bad, or what???

I´ll take the ph-tests tomorow....

Love AFN:bighug::pass:

This is pretty bizarre, what you said makes sense...maybe it hasn't been enough time/waterings to bring it down enough? I am not familiar with this test kit at all. I use the Control Wizard - Accurate pH8 which seems to be working quite accurately and easily for testing soil. Little pricey, but worth every penny.

41vg-Bu89CL.jpg

Maybe one of the soil pro's can help out with your reading of that kit though.
:shrug:

This is pretty bizarre, what you said makes sense...maybe it hasn't been enough time/waterings to bring it down enough? I am not familiar with this test kit at all. I use the Control Wizard - Accurate pH8 which seems to be working quite accurately and easily for testing soil. Little pricey, but worth every penny.

View attachment 713588

Maybe one of the soil pro's can help out with your reading of that kit though.
:shrug:

Well, I was wondering tonight about the ph-test, thinking about it....remebering my knowledge.....then it would be like this....if soil ph-inpot is ph-neutral at about 7 and I´m going in by runin off 6,0 /feeds, soil in the pot after feeding would be wet by 6,0, the way the pot is drying and plants transspiring, the ladys can range all nutes by going from 6,0 to 7,0......makes this sense...?

Well guys, there must be something I´m doing right in my garde......all plants in the growroom do it pretty much good at the stage where they are....but today i proudly present my fav-lady...
yesterday i baptized here

" My Little Princess " ( MLP ) it´s AU 3, she´s now at 77 cm......
10-2 005.JPG
10-2 006.JPG

10-2 007.JPG
10-2 011.JPG

10-2 012.JPG
10-2 013.JPG

This Lady will give me a nice topbud and many sidebuds, on Monday, 13,03, I´ll present her bigger brother, its a AM

Hug you all....:bighug:

looks good brother.i think same as chester.probably run a hair longer then normal.they havnt even gone in swell mode yet(at least from looks of pics)

@kkeniff

You were right mate, but now they returned in swell mode....:goauto:

My name aint stepside, but I can let my ideas fly. Hopefully I I'm not too confusing, I'm going on memory rather looking this up.

What is happening in photo plants is this:

There are two bits of stuff in the leaves that are related to creating the hormone that initiates flower meristem development. COnstance protein and one more (i forget its name) but they have a negative correlation, and CO is only created during the light part of the day. When the day length gets short enough the CO protein stops being present in quantities to suppress the other chemichal, which starts innitiating the DNA to create "Florigen" This happens in the leaves, and florigen is moved through the vascular system to the growing meristems. This is where the change to flowering happens. The leaf meristems undergo a change in the presence of florigen and start creating flower parts.

This is how it works for "short day plants" What starts the trigger to flower is actually the long night period. CO protein is the plants time clock.

It is very simmilar for "long day plants"

It is COMPLETELY different for Autoflowers or "day neutral plants"

The mechanism to induce flowering in day neutral plants is not consistant or understood. It is species dependent, and the best advice I have gotten from plant biologists is that you can only say that they will flower when biologically prepared to do so... which is saying nothing.

I would LOVE to know what is triggering florigen in an auto. Hopefulle @Waira or someone will set us straight.

View attachment 713143

View attachment 713145

Hey man,

you are my actual sientist here on running.-) pretty cool.....:pighug:

I`ll quit for a couple of days, making next upload on monday 13 and keep care of my garden... hey guys, happy weekend..:digit:
on monday week 9 sta

Back