Grow Mediums The Waximus DIY2015-A Drip System for the rest of us

A Tutorial Interlude...The Waximus2015 goes Live

Howdy, Peeps! I finally dragged my camera, and lazy/stoned keester, down to get pics of the actual setup of the Waximus2015. So, without further ado....

06-IMG_0602.jpg
Here is the Rez/cooler, set up just outside the tent, near a lower access hole. You see that the pump is mounted on the bottom of the rez, and the airstone is at the bottom of the rez, top of pic.
07-IMG_0603.jpg
The airstone connects, with tubing, to this air pump, which stays on "full volume"- I was using a much more powerful one, but it sounded like a Tonka jackhammer, and..well.......
08-IMG_0604.jpg
The larger black hose, coming from the pump (do yourself a favor..put a hose clamp on the pump/hose at the pump side) connects yo this, the Manifold, using 1/2 inch plastic tubing (Use black tubing with all water connections-algea..nastiness...No....)
And, each of the plants gets a 1/4" tube, from the Manifold, to the drip ring in the plant pot. (I found 20-21" of 1/4 tube to be about right for the table I'm using. It'll allow to spread the plants as they mature, but not too much to coil around aimlessly :)
09-IMG_0605.jpg
And, the Final Destination, the drip ring, connected to the 1/4" tube from the Manifold. I made these from t-junctions and 1/4" tubing. They are 3.5" in diameter. To make this size, simply measure out your 1/4" tubing to 11 inche pieces, and connect both ends to a T-junction. I used a 1/8" drill bit to make 4 holes in the ring. TIP- If you gently squeeze the tubing where you want the drill, then somewhat firmly press the drill bit into the spot you want the hole, start slowly with the drill speed and it will drill a clean hole-without going through the tube- the first time :)

So, that is the Waximus2015 A Drip System for the Rest of Us!

I need to make a few more rings soon, and will photograph the process and post up here.

some love, Peeps! :hug:
Thanks for checking out my DIY thread!
"AFN smoke out"

Awesome brother Waxi! This is all pretty much what I pictured needing and it helps to see it all layed out and hooked up like this :)

Just got back from a successful trip to the home improvement store, think I got about all I need for the first try lol. Mine's going to be more of a "vacation feeder" versus a real drip system. Thanks again bro!

Lookin great bro. I have that same air pump. Do you have a thread going with those plants??

great set-up and tutorial Waxi. +rep
Thank you, elsam! I appreciate the props, Bro :)
Awesome brother Waxi! This is all pretty much what I pictured needing and it helps to see it all layed out and hooked up like this :)

Just got back from a successful trip to the home improvement store, think I got about all I need for the first try lol. Mine's going to be more of a "vacation feeder" versus a real drip system. Thanks again bro!
May your vacation be timed, and filled with moisture.. lolol
Lookin great bro. I have that same air pump. Do you have a thread going with those plants??
Sure do, truu :) Its Waxi's Perpetual Playground thread, in my sig, Bro.
Much thanks, Dude! You made this so much easier!
:hug::d5:

yo waxi how`s it going?! sorry i missed this i dont get to hand alot on the net lately but i try atleast and keep my journal alive!! its cool to see you went coco too!! it`s my first time and i`m in love with the coco man!
[video=youtube;6vYnas6q3Sg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg[/video]

Thanks again for the inspiration! I got all the stuff I think lol, and am embarking on the hydro journey bwahaha! Well, semi hydro lol. It all is semi assembled, and the timer came lightning fast, so now I'm just doing some testing with an empty bottle to figure out how many minutes gives me X amount of water per 0.5 gph dripper. Don't laugh lol, I'm too lazy to algebra it out lol, and I'd get the wrong answer like I always did in math classes anyway hahhaa! So on with the tests :)

By the way, just for the record, this Hydrofarm 7day digital timer is badass, I have no idea why I've been screwing with analog timers this whole time... Facepalm lol :)

I may not be active on this thread but I do keep an eye on it. Great info and learning to be had. Well done chaps.

eP.

Thanks again for the inspiration! I got all the stuff I think lol, and am embarking on the hydro journey bwahaha! Well, semi hydro lol. It all is semi assembled, and the timer came lightning fast, so now I'm just doing some testing with an empty bottle to figure out how many minutes gives me X amount of water per 0.5 gph dripper. Don't laugh lol, I'm too lazy to algebra it out lol, and I'd get the wrong answer like I always did in math classes anyway hahhaa! So on with the tests :)

By the way, just for the record, this Hydrofarm 7day digital timer is badass, I have no idea why I've been screwing with analog timers this whole time... Facepalm lol :)
Awesome!! Could you post your results, Anthro? I wanted to do that, but its pretty busy around here these days lolol
I remember having the same "Holy Shite!" moment with the hydrofarm timers! I was using 2 analogs with an ebb&flow setup!! (I should blame THAT on my first couple dud starts....) I got a pair of the HF timers, and they can be "reset" to match time on both... Changed my world...... lololol
Can't wait to share your maiden voyage on the Coco Cruise, Dude!!
Getterdone!!! :Sharing One:

Waxi great tutorial bro the setup is great!

And that song... lmao!! Im in love with the coco.. hahaha.

Back