Grow Mediums The Waximus DIY2015-A Drip System for the rest of us

did you ever measure the actual flow rate of the system, each or one ring? I'm thinking I want to use a drip system for me SOG

Brother B! I reckon this drip system would work with soil. You'd just have to adjust the timer(s) to meet the soil moisture needs.
One major consideration for me, in setting this up, is to keep the "table" as low as possible in the tent. I think I can get by with 10 inches of clearance under the table, for the waste container. I didn't want to lose any more vertical space, even though I FIM and LST like an executioner... lolol

Thanks for your experience, Gray Bear :) That gives me confidence that I'm on the right track! If I can get a drain/flood tray today for a good price, I might set up the system this weekend in the (now vacant) veg tent, for some pre-staging tests. Then, when it goes live, I'll have things close to dialed in as far as how long to water to runoff, and how often.
I love figuring out new methods, and THIS method is now under my skin!
some love, Gents!

I may try your design as is. I control the watering of my plants closely. My plants in 1 gallon pots get about 12oz of water every three days. All I'm looking to do is automate that because a SOG in a tent is a pain in the ass!
b
Anytime, Brother :) Keep in mind, I make rings from 11 inch tubes (connected to a y connector)- they're around 3.5 inches in diameter.. So, I have four 1/8 inch holes, evenly spaced around the ring. I reckon 6 holes could make for more output, etc...
:pass::pighug:

Pops I'm doing the same sort of thing s.o.g in a small tent I want to automatically feed the back 6 plants from a res and hand water the remaining plants at the front.
Quick question in my res should I be using hydro nutes or can I carry on using organic?

Pops I'm doing the same sort of thing s.o.g in a small tent I want to automatically feed the back 6 plants from a res and hand water the remaining plants at the front.
Quick question in my res should I be using hydro nutes or can I carry on using organic?
Hi, stretch :)
From my experience, I'd be using hydro nutes in my res, though I'm not the best to ask for the organic side. Let's see if @DubV might be able to answer that one for both of us :) He has the organic side of things going on, and might be able to give a better answer.
:pass:

Back