Grow Mediums The Waximus DIY2015-A Drip System for the rest of us

I've managed to get mine dialed in pretty well now with a couple different options (1~2 mins without regulating drippers, or about 10 mins with 1/2gph drippers) twice a week, and still leaves them just thirsty enough to also do a manual feeding once or twice per week.

It's an awkward system I know lol, but I can't really put nute in my res because it's organic and goes sour before it's used up. Plus now I've got autos and the photo which are going to be on slightly different diets. So.. Basically as usual I've made things way complicated and difficult for meself hahahaa :p

I've managed to get mine dialed in pretty well now with a couple different options (1~2 mins without regulating drippers, or about 10 mins with 1/2gph drippers) twice a week, and still leaves them just thirsty enough to also do a manual feeding once or twice per week.

It's an awkward system I know lol, but I can't really put nute in my res because it's organic and goes sour before it's used up. Plus now I've got autos and the photo which are going to be on slightly different diets. So.. Basically as usual I've made things way complicated and difficult for meself hahahaa :p

I was really wondering how my grow more dry nutes would do in a res/drip system. I was nervous about it so I ended up buying advanced nutes ph perfect sensi bloom a+b.

Tang proved you can feed only the bloom nutes the whole grow and grow MONSTERS. I'm hopping on the train for cheap ;D

Last edited:
I saw the comparison grow he did where he used only bloom for one and grow+bloom for the other. Makes sense the bloom has a lot of N. Gonna try that when i run out of mine.

Hey Waxi,great thread mate.Im after a timer in the UK,i found this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMOS-Progra...roller-Security/dp/B0060J3W5K/ref=pd_cp_diy_2
This would do the job wouldnt it? It has no second capability though,but could i control flow with
adjustable drippers if too much or too little nutes delivered?
Your plants are looking great pal.
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the kind words, red :) Yes, that timer will do the job. You probably will need to adjust the flow, as even one minute on, with a strong pump, will put a LOT of liquid through the drippers. I use the DIY drippers, but the flow control type will make the grade.
I had a look through the UK Amazon site, and they don't have a EU plug version of the Mistking seconds timer-evidently only a US product... Bummer, as that timer is THE best. Anyhow.. That timer will do the trick!
The Drip Plants are really packing on the buds now! Yesterday was the first day that, immediately upon opening the tent, mega-Dank Ganja scent! I can't wait to see these plants at week 9 :)
This toke's for you, Bro! :Sharing One:

Thanks for that Waxi,will have a look for adjustable drippers now.
I had a look for the Mistking too,but no joy.
Like you,i cant wait to see your plants at week 9.
Thanks again pal.

Thanks for that Waxi,will have a look for adjustable drippers now.
I had a look for the Mistking too,but no joy.
Like you,i cant wait to see your plants at week 9.
Thanks again pal.
Hey,red :) Most of the drip manifolds I've encountered have flow restriction for each line. Its usually a hex key or a screw that blocks flow. That would let you use the DIY rings. It'd just require some adjustment. I adjusted mine, prior to using with the plants, but testing a 15 second ON, and adjusting the flow to be around 1 liter.
:Sharing One:

Hey,red :) Most of the drip manifolds I've encountered have flow restriction for each line. Its usually a hex key or a screw that blocks flow. That would let you use the DIY rings. It'd just require some adjustment. I adjusted mine, prior to using with the plants, but testing a 15 second ON, and adjusting the flow to be around 1 liter.
You mean like these WAxi, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orbit-Adj...046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d572d15e6
I would have to wait maybe 3 weeks for postage but as my plants are only 6 days today,i will have plenty of time for roots to develop.A lot easier to adjust a manifold like that,rather than multiple drippers.
Am looking forward to having a go with this method of watering,it makes sense to treat coco as hydro and not soil.
Cheers Waxi.

You mean like these WAxi, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orbit-Adj...046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d572d15e6
I would have to wait maybe 3 weeks for postage but as my plants are only 6 days today,i will have plenty of time for roots to develop.A lot easier to adjust a manifold like that,rather than multiple drippers.
Am looking forward to having a go with this method of watering,it makes sense to treat coco as hydro and not soil.
Cheers Waxi.
The exact one I'm using! Amazing gizmo, that.. The urge to disect it is palpable.... lolol
I'm about to start my 2nd table :) This will be a "stress test"... lololol

Lol,it looks like an alien space ship,but am stoned.
I will send off for that one then.
My plan starts to come together,lol.
Cheers Waxi,now all ive got to work out is how to set the timer when i get it.All those buttons scare me.
They cant be that difficult,can they?

Back