Outdoor The trails and tribulations of a first time grower [journal]

Hey....what you see on the bagseed photo is more than likely sexual maturity preflower, not the real flowering cycle.

The dew - If it was me i would certainly start training her asap!! You could potentially shorten that plant 50% or more utilizing reverse supports, and LST training.

How many hours of daily light do you get?

Hey....what you see on the bagseed photo is more than likely sexual maturity preflower, not the real flowering cycle.

The dew - If it was me i would certainly start training her asap!! You could potentially shorten that plant 50% or more utilizing reverse supports, and LST training.

How many hours of daily light do you get?
Waaw, the great @912GreenSkell himself. Thanks for answering!
She gets about 10 hours of direct sunlight.
Training was also something I considered, but didn't know it was possible due to her size. Reverse supports, are those methods in your monster guide? If not, would it be possible to point me to a link?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Waaw, the great @912GreenSkell himself. Thanks for answering!

Hahayeah busy, busy in the summer...dont have too many days i can just chill out.

She gets about 10 hours of direct sunlight.

10 hours is pretty good....what is the total amount of daylight on the longest day of the season(june the 21st), and how many minutes daily do you lose after that? (google makes this easy to find for your area)

Training was also something I considered, but didn't know it was possible due to her size.

I am just going by the appearance of the structure of the plant, but i would say she is not to rigid to be trained. I am working on a reverse support training guide...I nearly have it done. Will try to get it done asap. Ive lightly described reverse support in the monster training guide.

141ab5ead0c01b699f0352ce870d4976.jpg

The black line is a Tshaped reverse support, to take the pressure off the lower stalk, and keep the bend in the flexible area of the stalk. Orange it the projected new angle of the main stalk, and red is the anchor. Because of the age of the plant, tie her down over the course of a few days

View attachment 918169

The black line is a Tshaped reverse support, to take the pressure off the lower stalk, and keep the bend in the flexible area of the stalk. Orange it the projected new angle of the main stalk, and red is the anchor. Because of the age of the plant, tie her down over the course of a few days
Thanks for that man! And I can't wait for that guide!

Hahayeah busy, busy in the summer...dont have too many days i can just chill out.

10 hours is pretty good....what is the total amount of daylight on the longest day of the season(june the 21st), and how many minutes daily do you lose after that? (google makes this easy to find for your area)

I am just going by the appearance of the structure of the plant, but i would say she is not to rigid to be trained. I am working on a reverse support training guide...I nearly have it done. Will try to get it done asap. Ive lightly described reverse support in the monster training guide.
16 hours, 31 minutes and 4 seconds is the longest day here. After that, we lose 3, 9, 15, 20, 26, 32, 39,... seconds every day. Here's the chart for you.
3786641e8941d7fa9fd6faa84df8f9a8.jpg

16:31 !! oh a northerner for sure!! How is the climate in october?
Yes, I'm in Europe. October can still be nice during the day when the sun is out, but at night it starts to get chilly. It can rain, sometimes a couple of days a week, but they tell me bud rot season starts in mid September.

Here's some pictures to stare at. Think different at 9 weeks, grown with no artificial light and in full soil. She's not that big, but she is covered with budsites. Starting to think on getting a loupe to look at her trichomes. Also, I'm starting to notice the lower fanleaves are becoming slightly lighter. There are also one or 2 yellow ones already. I guess this the beginning of her taking the energy from the leaves to mature her flowers? She is now on 2ml of biobizz fish mix, 3ml bloom and 4ml of top max.
What is the definite answer of the jury: look at the trichomes to know when to harvest, or watch for the yellowing of the leaves that come out the buds to know when to harvest?
3079b3260dc9976a05308f28d036f98b.jpg
39bd8bf0c22337d89f4490fbeeaed863.jpg
946c62b757ac2ab9a1dae15f7699206a.jpg

I much rather go on flower development than leaves.
Leaves can wilt or wither or be strong and green for reasons other than flower development.

If using a loupe is too much trouble, for many years (and still now, mainly), I rely on calyx and pistil situation.
About 75% brown pistils is nice for me. Kind of equates to some clear trichs 20%, mostly cloudy 75%, a few ambers 5%.
Others go for maybe 90% brown pistils. More like mostly cloudy 80%, some amber 20%.
Once all pistils are down, then it may continue to bulk for a while, but THCA and CBA etc are mainly degrading at that point.

Numbers for trichs are going to vary, but something like that.
The pistils will first brown / wilt, but after that the calyx size continues to grow.
So the calyxes with just wilted pistils and calyxes with pistils wilted for a week or two differ a lot.

My 75% brown pistils gives more a "high", energizing, uplifting, which is what I like.
Others tend more to a "stone", heavy, calming, relaxing, narcotic.
Of course each strain will vary a fair bit.

What you can do is: harvest in 2 or more stages, some earlier, some later.
Keep the buds separate, and test smoke separately, to feel what degree of maturity works best for you.

Love and hugs,
MJS
:love:

Back