Photography The Macro Thread

A fast lens, shutter speed , good lighting , all go hand in hand.

A fast lens, shutter speed , good lighting , all go hand in hand.
Agreed I have only had the camera a little over a month.. so I am having fun with it.. it will take a while to get good with it.

No idea if you have or thought about getting a cheap flash ring for your macro. @Ripper .it will simplify the guess work and will improve over all image. All the spider macros I took were supplemented with a flash ring.

No idea if you have or thought about getting a cheap flash ring for your macro. @Ripper .it will simplify the guess work and will improve over all image. All the spider macros I took were supplemented with a flash ring.
I do have one.. and tubes

@Ripper ...Then ..you are on your way! I do find using tubes or reverse lens method that ISO needs to be bumped up a tad more and opening aperture or lowering shutter speed.

@Ripper ...Then ..you are on your way! I do find using tubes or reverse lens method that ISO needs to be bumped up a tad more and opening aperture or lowering shutter speed.
Great info i still have a lot to learn best way is playing with it and taking a ton of pictures

Playing around with this frosty grape crinkle.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

full

ISO 100, 1/250th @ f/11 with a lens mounted macro ring light which has light either side of the lens and allows output to be varied so I can control side lighting. ETTL flash metering automatically sorts the exposure out for me but playing with manual power settings until you get a decent exposure works well too.

Base ISO for maximum quality, max sync speed to block out as much ambient light as possible as these were taken with HPS lights on and f/11 as a compromise between DoF, aesthtics and the softening effects of diffraction at smaller apertures. Flash does the rest:thumbsup:

Few more since I've been playing with my Canon MP-E again:smoking:.....

agc1202-1.jpg

agc1202-2.jpg

agc1202-3.jpg

agc1202-4.jpg

And a crop out that last one although I was being lazy and shooting JPEG so could have been a little clearer if I'd shot RAW and processed it properly...

agc1202-5.jpg

:pass:

full

ISO 100, 1/250th @ f/11 with a lens mounted macro ring light which has light either side of the lens and allows output to be varied so I can control side lighting. ETTL flash metering automatically sorts the exposure out for me but playing with manual power settings until you get a decent exposure works well too.

Base ISO for maximum quality, max sync speed to block out as much ambient light as possible as these were taken with HPS lights on and f/11 as a compromise between DoF, aesthtics and the softening effects of diffraction at smaller apertures. Flash does the rest:thumbsup:

Few more since I've been playing with my Canon MP-E again:smoking:.....

View attachment 702045

View attachment 702044

View attachment 702043

View attachment 702042

And a crop out that last one although I was being lazy and shooting JPEG so could have been a little clearer if I'd shot RAW and processed it properly...

View attachment 702041

:pass:

Now that is PURE BEAUTY...... im jealous

Back