Photoperiod The landrace talk

This guy and his son JD have lived near my area for a very long time ,so many early pics of DJ holding plants outside of Eugene Oregon in the 70s,his son named a strain Whitaker blues after the Whitaker neighborhood in Eugene ,one of the few places I have gotten actual blue berry off a clone maintained since the early 80s ,I asked my ol hippie buddy where he got it and he said DJ gave it to me a long time ago,it's not like the stuff they got today.
Now that's pretty nice to have. Its interesting when ole hippie pals have those rare cuts. I know a few good people, but I literally have to climb mountains in Hawaii to reach them. Commune life.

Now that's pretty nice to have. Its interesting when ole hippie pals have those rare cuts. I know a few good people, but I literally have to climb mountains in Hawaii to reach them. Commune life.
You live in a commune man ,I grew up around one they had a natural store an every thing was very rural and I would walk those country roads as a kid the commune folks always gave me rides an shared organic smoke with me ,I miss that place in still rural there aren't as many cool hip folks in my neighborhood though.

You live in a commune man ,I grew up around one they had a natural store an every thing was very rural and I would walk those country roads as a kid the commune folks always gave me rides an shared organic smoke with me ,I miss that place in still rural there aren't as many cool hip folks in my neighborhood though.
Try as I might technology and modern life are too tempting. No the people with the landrace strain lived in a commune of hippies and an odd rasta here and there. They grew a selection that was part of the original Maui Wowie. It's supposed to be Panama Red, Thai, and Columbian Gold. They had the psychedelic Thai from their time in 'Nam. Which begs the question, was it really Thai? Could have been from Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand. Hard to say. My old patient friend made this journey something like four years ago. Up the mountain to sit with these wise elders and garner these "Thai". You know I may just get a little journal entry to say how that went.
W8zlhH.gif

Cannabiogen now offer Durban from South Africa. They also offer a Sativa named Ghana, from West Africa.
They also offer something called Jarillo which lacks any info whatsoever, but is a regular variety.

Hi man...I just grew an outstanding Mangobiche (Colombia) from Cannabiogen (regular seeds), they offer quite a wide variety of landrace strains...saw the african strains too, would love to give them a try!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Hi man...I just grew an outstanding Mangobiche (Colombia) from Cannabiogen (regular seeds), they offer quite a wide variety of landrace strains...saw the african strains too, would love to give them a try!

Did it taste like it's other name suggests,Limon Verde? Mangobiche always looked like a very worthwhile candidate for breeding.

Tasted like sweet mango on the vape, some fennel-piney-citric notes in there too!

Okay here's the Kilimajaro at 7 1/2 weeks and just starting to pre-flower. Its about 1 1/2 ft tall grown in Kellog Patio Plus organic soil in a 4 Gal container outdoors. Fox Farms GB/BB/OS and just added OS to the weekly feeding along with Cal/Mag.
IMG_4225 (2).JPG

NOTHING I've ever smoked in 48 years was like Vietnamese weed, nothing! Makes Thai weed look like smoking males....... When you've had weed that left you watching the music leave the speakers for 6 hours.......

Try as I might technology and modern life are too tempting. No the people with the landrace strain lived in a commune of hippies and an odd rasta here and there. They grew a selection that was part of the original Maui Wowie. It's supposed to be Panama Red, Thai, and Columbian Gold. They had the psychedelic Thai from their time in 'Nam. Which begs the question, was it really Thai? Could have been from Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand. Hard to say. My old patient friend made this journey something like four years ago. Up the mountain to sit with these wise elders and garner these "Thai". You know I may just get a little journal entry to say how that went.
View attachment 782838

Like this?:

Rif mountain plant 2 pic1 -8-4-2017.jpg

Been growing afghanica landrace crosses for quite a while and commonly see the crinkle leaf phenomenon on many afghan and kush landraces and have even seen many of the ogs I have grown to come to the conclusion there's a lot of landrace hash plant there ,but the real interesting factor is the 89super skelly will show this trait along with the puck .i get other un common leaf traits from Hindu kush and afghani and my purple kush autos which carry a lot of landrace genetics as well .

you might be surprised, just how potent some landrace strains are!

• Hey thanks for starting this thread. I don't do any breeding but I would like to get my hands on some landrace seeds. . Just for the fun of getting high on the same weed our early ancestors used in whatever rituals they performed.
  • My thoughts on landrace strains are that they may be pure but the flowers may be small and not very potentan as we humans try to improve on what nature provides us.
  • We would have a hard time finding a true landrace strain. It would be a great adventure to say the least. Maybe some amazon tribes have some hiddens jungle weed. Or some remote Nepali valley

Back