Photoperiod The landrace talk

Beautiful fan leaves!

Okay here's the Kilimajaro at 7 1/2 weeks and just starting to pre-flower. Its about 1 1/2 ft tall grown in Kellog Patio Plus organic soil in a 4 Gal container outdoors. Fox Farms GB/BB/OS and just added OS to the weekly feeding along with Cal/Mag.
View attachment 783294

I'm pushing my Rif mountain plants hard. They are in strong, organic soil. In fact, one plant has been having some issues, yet has kept up with the others. The plant is in a different mix from the rest. The others look fantastic! I'm willing to bet they don't look like this in Morocco! And that was my point, to see what they would use or accept. Seems like they are taking quite well to a rich, organic soil!

Rif Mountain hash plants pic1 -8-4-2017.jpg

If it would be possible to acquire it, I would seek out heavy Indicas. The Cannabiogen Taskenti is supposedly from Uzbekistan, which is fascinating. So many cultures and geographical areas have associated strains. To learn of new ones is adding another card to the deck. I have one strain with Taskenti in it, but it is part of some Alphakronik parentage for another company's creation. Never seen it, one of those strains that got pushed down the line by space limitations.
My Afghani Mazar I Sharif is the only option right now if I needed something, but it has a little quirk. It is not very resistant to p.m. Being from Afghanistan it loves drier conditions. It took just one day, and one heavy watering.... Things didn't work out, but it is also a feature of many landraces. Sometimes environmental parameters must mimmick the natural climate of the landraces original location to achieve proper results. This is not always the case, but @pop22 just pointed out the potential potency of Southeast Asian cannabis in its natural environment.
As well, adjusting one's substrate could also be beneficial. Does a strain come from a moist jungle or a rocky outcropping in the Himalayas?
Cannabis will always adapt to its environment, so it will thrive with sunlight and H20 either way, but the idea is one I would have tested the first time I grew Mazar I Sharif. I did manage to have one female survive so I was still able to experience the Afghani flowers.
Dank, fuel, deep skunkiness. Which would make sense, as Skunk#1 is Acapulco Gold, Columbian Gold, and Afghani.
If any of you have grown anything with Dragon in it, you will recognize the stench. Putrid, dank, rotten, sound familiar? Afghani.:pass:View attachment 755041

I might know some people over that way.......... I'll see what I can find out.

So I've been trying to track down the breeder to verify these seeds. I was told the guy goes by Preservation Dude or Vermont Preservation. I found "Vermontman" on another forum, who I guess he worked along side of.. I guess the Preservation Dude has gone rogue and hasnt been heard from in a bit. But both grower have access to the orginal HOG and seeds are actually floating around from crops that date back to 1979. Im still in shock and hoping these are legit! Getting closer to knowing for sure!

NOTHING I've ever smoked in 48 years was like Vietnamese weed, nothing! Makes Thai weed look like smoking males....... When you've had weed that left you watching the music leave the speakers for 6 hours.......
Sounds like the real thai sticks dipped in opium back in the day that people smuggled in coffee tables. :)

I should probably just start a grow journal but too lazy and too busy with work. Here's 10th week on the Kilimanjaro. It's over 2ft tall and showing more pre-flower I thought it was an auto but looking like I was wrong and its a photo. Had I known I probably would have topped it a couple of times already.
DSCF2022b.jpg DSCF2023b.jpg

I should probably just start a grow journal but too lazy and too busy with work. Here's 10th week on the Kilimanjaro. It's over 2ft tall and showing more pre-flower I thought it was an auto but looking like I was wrong and its a photo. Had I known I probably would have topped it a couple of times already.
View attachment 789873 View attachment 789874
Hi my friend
That's a real beauty. If you don't start a journal post some pictures in this thread if you find the time.
Thanks for sharing.
cu tobe

Back