Photoperiod The landrace talk

Nice bro I wish you a good smoke, great job.
cu tobe

Well the verdict is on on the smoke report... wife says she's not giving any of this away!! Its def a very strong sativa and she had a very pleasant time at work for 4 hours after two hits.

So what is available? There are always companies offering new landraces. This is just a small list of Regular landraces I have seen offered commercially. Some companies offer additional landraces, but femenised versions only.
The first two companies would be Ace seeds and Cannabiogen. When comparing their selections it is plain to see that Ace gets their stock from Cannabiogen. They do have some varieties that are unique, but there is a business partnership somewhere there. Just for consideration. Company, Country, Strain, Subspecies
Ace Seeds - Guatemala- "Guatemala," a 100% Guatemalan Sativa.
Laos-Luang Prabang, Sativa.
Africa(?country unclear)- Malawi x Central African, Sativa.
Cannabiogen- Columbia-Mangobiche a.k.a. Limon Verde, Sativa
Nepal-Nepal Highland, Sativa
Uzbekistan-Taskenti, Indica
Bangi Haze, Sativa
Delta 9 Labs-Afghanistan-Mazar-I-Sharif, Indica
DNA Genetics-Afghanistan-Pure Afghan, Indica
Gage Green Group- Columbia-Columbian Gold, Columbian Black, Sativa
Homegrown Fantaseed- Afghanistan-"Northern Light", Indica
Medicann - Afghanistan- Afghani, Indica
Seeds of Africa- This company offers very long flowering sativas. They also use their own names for varieties to mask origin, however they are probably still worth a look. Just names for these.
Coffee Gold
Durban Magic
Malawi Gold
Mozambica
Pondo Mystic
Swazi Gold
Transkei
Zimbabwe
Seedsman Seeds-
Malawi-African Buzz(Malawi Gold), Sativa
Ata Tundra-Alaskan Tundra x Kazakhstan, 100% Indica
Thailand-Mama Thai, Sativa
India-Narkush(Hindu Kush), Indica
Afghanistan-Afghani, Indica
Sensi Seeds
Afghanistan-Afghani 1, Indica
South Africa-Durban, Sativa
India-Hindu Kush, Indica
Afghanistan(Likely)-Maple Leaf Indica, Indica
World of Seeds-This company also uses their own names. As well some strains do not make sense given the climate. The most puzzling of which is Brazil Amazonia, a 100% Indica. How is that possible?.... This would bring into question other origins. Varieties definitely are resinous no doubt, but questionable. WOS offer the Afghan Kush Ryder, so credit where due.
Afghanistan- Afghan Kush,Indica
Columbia-Columbian Gold, Sativa
Morocco- Ketama, Indica
Kenya-Kilimanjaro, Sativa
Afghanistan/Pakistan-Pakistan Valley, Indica
South Africa-Kwazulu, Sativa
Isle of Kochang, Thailand- Wild Thailand,Sativa
The varieties Real Seed Company offers change in availability so currently not sure about which strains are in stock. They carry many strains from India that are from different villages.

Most companies offer their own variety of Afghani Indica as it is the progenitor of so much on the market today. Various Cuts and Afghani Genetics made it to most countries. Maple Leaf Indica, and Northern Light both different versions of Afghani each with their own story. Each variety offered by each company may hold something different for the end user. Whose is better? Only testing each variety can tell. Many times people have already found the best they could years ago and interbred it into gems like DNA Genetics L.A. Affie. Please feel free to add to the list.
Edit: Derp, I just saw this is in a “photo-sensitive” section (I got here through a search). But still interested in anyone’s experience with Kwazulu! Sorry for the noob-move but thanks for any input.

This is not a list of autoflowers all around, is it? I’m growing Kwazulu from WOS but it is a photoperiod; found this thread by typing kwazulu in search, hoping to find it as an auto and hear how peoples’ grows went with it. Can’t find much about it online, auto/photo regardless.
Interested in how you describe WOS. Happy with my seeds but don’t know much about the company. Emailed them with a simple question on whether their seeds were feminized (long-story, but something I read made me question if mine were indeed “Regular”) and got a response in French that translated to something along the lines of, “Great! Glad you enjoy!” and that was it.
Thought it was funny, and didn’t pursue further inquiry. -the seeds were in fact Regular and I got a wonderful male that seemed it could be fem (bushy, tightish node spacing, not outpacing the others; I know- no guarantees there), and am on my way to my first seed-attemp and a cross strain (with a mostly-landrace Durban Poison via Dutch Passion). But those are photoperiods...

Last edited:
I hope this htread gets revived, I'm about to start a Real Seed Company Mazar i Sharif. I've grown Rif Mountain hash plant also, ( Thank you Tobe where ever you are! ) I'd like to grow more landrace Indicas. I'll be starting the Mazar shortly.

Here's a pic form Real Seed Company

Mazari-Oregon-mid-Sept-600x535.jpg

I hope this htread gets revived, I'm about to start a Real Seed Company Mazar i Sharif. I've grown Rif Mountain hash plant also, ( Thank you Tobe where ever you are! ) I'd like to grow more landrace Indicas. I'll be starting the Mazar shortly.

Here's a pic form Real Seed Company

View attachment 1308608
I remember your Mazar Linda's seed grow! I see you fancy the strain. I'll definitely have to give it a go one of these days.

Starting my skelly ogs again this time indoors although this isn't a pure hashplant the skelly phenos remind me a lot like the puck, I nicknamed those phenos puck og .

I'm a life long insomniac. Several strains help me sleep,Mazar puts me out for the whole night! I sleep 8 hours and wake up feeling fine! Day time, if I keep it to two or three hits I can function and still get good pain relief. It is a great medicinal strain! So I'm excited to try the real landrace and I want tosee how they grow indoors and out!

I remember your Mazar Linda's seed grow! I see you fancy the strain. I'll definitely have to give it a go one of these days.

I've got a few Rif Mountain hashplant seeds left. I'm going to breed them if they sprout. I'll ahh hemmm make them available some how. :smoking:

Starting my skelly ogs again this time indoors although this isn't a pure hashplant the skelly phenos remind me a lot like the puck, I nicknamed those phenos puck og .

Back