Lighting The Chandelier DIY citizen clu048 test grow!

Well your chandelier is about the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Can you show a guide on how you threw that one together? It looks ridiculous, but you're the one laughing while everyone else is spending $100 on heatsinks and you are getting far better performance by running water instead.. Is water constantly cycling or do you put a timer on your pump? What have you mounted the COBs on, and how safe is this system as far as leaks go?
I'll let Jupiter reply but your comment is very nice to read. You are absolutely right, as long as it's safe and works properly that's really what really matters. I can assure you it is indeed safe as they come.

Well your chandelier is about the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Can you show a guide on how you threw that one together? It looks ridiculous, but you're the one laughing while everyone else is spending $100 on heatsinks and you are getting far better performance by running water instead.. Is water constantly cycling or do you put a timer on your pump? What have you mounted the COBs on, and how safe is this system as far as leaks go?
Yes the water runs continuously through the fixture into a plastic container.The pump is plugged into the same timer that the light is. As far as the Cobs they are attached to a copper cap with thermal epoxy. I feel pretty comfortable as far as leaks go but it's deafly not a water type fixture. I have a much bigger one im hoping to begin soon. We'll see

IMG_0969.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG
IMG_0971.JPG

So the girls are a little over a week old and coming along nicely. Soil one is a little behind but will see if she catches up. Coco feed is .4ec so its very mild until the roots get established.

IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG

Ok these pretty little girls are 17 days old and growth is starting to accelerate. I've been giving her a very light feed solution (0.5 - 0.8) of advanced nutrients (coco). I also just gave them a microbial tea yesterday which consisted of earthworm castings, alfalfa meal, cold pressed Kelp, and Mendocino honey. Brewed for a little over 24 hrs and off we went. They are still under the chandelier and once they get rocking I will probably add another light (@BigSm0 ) to the mix. Can't wait;)

View attachment 683181 View attachment 683182 View attachment 683183
Ok these pretty little girls are 17 days old and growth is starting to accelerate. I've been giving her a very light feed solution (0.5 - 0.8) of advanced nutrients (coco). I also just gave them a microbial tea yesterday which consisted of earthworm castings, alfalfa meal, cold pressed Kelp, and Mendocino honey. Brewed for a little over 24 hrs and off we went. They are still under the chandelier and once they get rocking I will probably add another light (@BigSm0 ) to the mix. Can't wait;)
Always exciting to see your monsters in the works. Your autocobs are ready too.

Back