Lighting The Chandelier DIY citizen clu048 test grow!

image.jpg image.jpg Tractor supply

Could you reuse a smaller hot water heater? I'd think a 20 gallon would do it. Plumb it into the cold water side of your existing hot water heater with a back flow valve so you don't lose your hot water in your regular tank. A small circulator would probably be enough.

Then If you could figure out a way to get some sort of thermostat switch to kick on a second pump to feed a radiator upstairs. Not sure the amount of heat you will accumulate but the first precharge tank could get temps to 100 degrees I'd assume. So if you set it a touch lower it would kick the excess heat into your house.

Could you reuse a smaller hot water heater? I'd think a 20 gallon would do it. Plumb it into the cold water side of your existing hot water heater with a back flow valve so you don't lose your hot water in your regular tank. A small circulator would probably be enough.

Then If you could figure out a way to get some sort of thermostat switch to kick on a second pump to feed a radiator upstairs. Not sure the amount of heat you will accumulate but the first precharge tank could get temps to 100 degrees I'd assume. So if you set it a touch lower it would kick the excess heat into your house.
Anything is better than nothing my man. If I can recover any amount of that heat I'm losing it's a win in my book you know. I'm already paying for it . You're basically describing how we plumb in our commercial master mixing valves and multiple water heaters. The idea being that The tempered water is still warmer then the 55 degree water coming from the street. Ultimately the water heater is heating less and actually becoming more efficient. If i can get in my permanent residence i can try all sorts of stuff. I'll have all these systems where all i have to do is switch the hoses. Definitely going to do a snow melt system for sure:)

Driveway, roof, radiant floor oh yeah I'm excited for you.
Lol yeah super excited I can tell. You going to help me install it? We can fly around the country and we'll be the new green energy crew. I do like the radiant floor...that would be like the perfect temperature.

Yeah now you got me thinking LOL A three-way valve would be perfect for the situation. Well I'm off to the lab to get a little inspiration with some illuminauto # 10:pass:

@Rebel can we get a cobbler badge for people that build their own lights? :p

Sure! I don't see why not... We have a led tech freak badge already that I believe was supposed to be for that (I didn't come up with that one) but if you want one specifically for COB leds I can do that!

@Rebel sir, brother, friend, Druid is right. The diyers are feeling a bit depressed with the lack of badge motivation lol.

Its not lack of badge motivation brother! Its a simple fact that I just can't keep up with every thing and everyone with my site work. So the best thing to do is just what druid did... Tag me for the quickest response or just pm me directly!

I will see what I can do! Since this is becoming a more popular thing... DIY cob, etc.. I will see what we can do!

Well your chandelier is about the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Can you show a guide on how you threw that one together? It looks ridiculous, but you're the one laughing while everyone else is spending $100 on heatsinks and you are getting far better performance by running water instead.. Is water constantly cycling or do you put a timer on your pump? What have you mounted the COBs on, and how safe is this system as far as leaks go?

Back