Dinafem The Best Kind of Threesome: Moby Dick XXL and 2 White Widow XXL

The Closet Grower

Stoned & Dethroned
Reaction score
Alright, these were actually the first beans I popped (despite starting a Sweet Seeds journal first) and the Moby has just been beasting it since day 0. Really impressive. The two Widows are also growing rapidly, but the stems are much more fragile than the Moby's. They require a little bit of added support. One of the Widows is a week behind (stupid me). WW [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] came out of her shell with her first actual leaves burnt white (see photo below). Not sure what caused that, anyone have any ideas? She's fine now as you'll see, but it was a little concerning at first. Tough buggers.

The Particulars:
Seeds: Moby Dick XXL and 2x White Widow XXL (Dinafem)
Container: 2x 4 gallon plastic nursery pots (Moby, WW [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]); 2 gallon plastic pot (WW [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG])
Medium: Coco/perlite (WW [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] has the holes plugged with hydroton to keep the roots in the pot)
Nutrients: Gaia Green organic dry (4-4-4 All Purpose and 2-8-4 Bloom); Remo as first aid/foliar spray/supplemental feeding; potassium silicate (foliar spray mostly, occasionally in the water)
Lights: Meizhi 300
Light Schedule: 20/4 (I'm also re-vegging a couple of photos for outdoors)
No CO2, no carbon filter, no automation except a light timer. As always, just ask if anything's missing.

On to the show. These photos are a little old now, the girls look nothing like this. Fantastic growth on them:

Moby Dick XXL (pretty sure, might be WW [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]) week 2:
week 2.jpg

White Widow XXL [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] (pretty sure, might be MD) week 2:
week 2.jpg

White Widow XXL [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] day 3ish (note the white spot on the leaf, that's where the damage ended):
day 3-ish.jpg

That's it for now, updated pics coming soon. Cheers.

Alright, these were actually the first beans I popped (despite starting a Sweet Seeds journal first) and the Moby has just been beasting it since day 0. Really impressive. The two Widows are also growing rapidly, but the stems are much more fragile than the Moby's. They require a little bit of added support. One of the Widows is a week behind (stupid me). WW [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] came out of her shell with her first actual leaves burnt white (see photo below). Not sure what caused that, anyone have any ideas? She's fine now as you'll see, but it was a little concerning at first. Tough buggers.

The Particulars:
Seeds: Moby Dick XXL and 2x White Widow XXL (Dinafem)
Container: 2x 4 gallon plastic nursery pots (Moby, WW [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]); 2 gallon plastic pot (WW [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG])
Medium: Coco/perlite (WW [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] has the holes plugged with hydroton to keep the roots in the pot)
Nutrients: Gaia Green organic dry (4-4-4 All Purpose and 2-8-4 Bloom); Remo as first aid/foliar spray/supplemental feeding; potassium silicate (foliar spray mostly, occasionally in the water)
Lights: Meizhi 300
Light Schedule: 20/4 (I'm also re-vegging a couple of photos for outdoors)
No CO2, no carbon filter, no automation except a light timer. As always, just ask if anything's missing.

On to the show. These photos are a little old now, the girls look nothing like this. Fantastic growth on them:

Moby Dick XXL (pretty sure, might be WW [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]) week 2:
View attachment 1035060
White Widow XXL [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] (pretty sure, might be MD) week 2:
View attachment 1035063
White Widow XXL [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] day 3ish (note the white spot on the leaf, that's where the damage ended):
View attachment 1035064

That's it for now, updated pics coming soon. Cheers.
Gaia green creates beastly plants love this stuff

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

Very nice man! I am going to be watching this for sure. I have 3 Moby Dick XXL that are 13 days old. I have heard good things about this strain. Here is a pic of one of my girls today :) This will be my first grow so I'm just hoping I get anything.
44136f952d99aa35c4eca311931d7fe9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice little girl you have there. They grow pretty tall so I'm going to start training mine soon. Dinafem says not a good choice for indoors, I say the perfect choice for a closet!
Thank you! Yea I have heard that they get quite big haha. I am so paranoid about training mine, I think I will go the natural route the first time. I dunno I might experiment on one, I need the practice.

Yeah I'll second the topping. If you're not brave enough for that, at least LST the main stem, you will get more out of it. Plus it makes the plants look like some kind of claw hand. Very badass. Don't be afraid, these things grow like weed.

Yeah I'll second the topping. If you're not brave enough for that, at least LST the main stem, you will get more out of it. Plus it makes the plants look like some kind of claw hand. Very badass. Don't be afraid, these things grow like weed.
Yea, I have been reading up more on LST and I think I will do that at least probably at week 3 or so. I have been looking at grow journals and it seems like if I don't top by the 4th node, it is probably too late. I am probably just freaking myself out, like you said they grow like weeds lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You don't want to top any lower than the 4th. 4th to 6th. Mine's on day 20/21 so I'll be giving her a haircut before you, probably end of the week so keep watching. LST is fun to do. Autos want to grow, our job is to guide that and a nice even canopy is the best use of space and light indoors.

Back