Now just to hope and pray the U.S. version is out in the beginning of next year. "MysticMossy"

Would there be any advantage in using it without the diffuser ?

Day 40.

These two stink! The smell has really increased and evolved over the last week,the CC Blues has developed a very recognisable thick sweet skunky smell I think I'm in for a treat with both. The Chemdogging has a fresh almost zesty smell now but she seems to smell different every time lol.
Vertical growth is all but done now the CC Blues is 55cm and has had a few leaves removed and the Chemdogging is 77cm,I would have liked another 10cm out of the CC Blues but she is stacked with buds so should do well and quickly. Both are kicking out resin glands after 6 days under the new light so that aspect works lol I have added a MS0004 for some seedlings that came up yesterday and the mad thing is they were reaching for the new light which was a good 20cm higher and and over these two....very promising.
Here is the state of play.

Chem City Blues.
EeUEPch.jpg
Hd34njL.jpg
Kccx09l.jpg
kl8x2ss.jpg
hjgITKD.jpg
dr7WuPw.jpg
ZhGyaiK.jpg

Chemdogging.
UxIuJLu.jpg
Oc4V1EW.jpg
IjxnDah.jpg
SifdzXN.jpg
aLb17pU.jpg
qrvUrVA.jpg
A18tmw3.jpg
Ub9Kr5Q.jpg
9h2WkAK.jpg
jHLcGwQ.jpg
e92fRpl.jpg

Gorgeous as always my brother :d5: Love the even spread and lack of hot spots on the new GN led :clap: Much love my brother :Sharing One:

Tang my brother!!!!!! That new GN light is doing work son! Looks awesome man!! What was the cost of that unit? Does it have rebels?

Tang my brother!!!!!! That new GN light is doing work son! Looks awesome man!! What was the cost of that unit? Does it have rebels?

Heres the info release last week and I believe their £360.

The Holographic Series 1 LED grow light. Designed and manufactured in the Britain by Grownorthern. This is the first LED grow light to truly comprise the very latest in LED technology and manufacture.

The new grow light uses the acclaimed high performance Philips Rebel LEDs
along with specialized infrared LED's from LEDengine, both components known for there industry leading outputs and longevity.

The LED module and cooling solution are powered by a 2015 Philips Xitanium Digital driver. The new Digital drivers combines intelligent data handling and smooth, precise drive. Unlike traditional AC/DC led drivers, digital drivers can diagnose, adjust and automate the entire LED system. So for example your grow rooms ambient temperature is rising beyond a safe limit, the driver will dim the LED's so the light stays on but the LED module and driver stay protected from overheating. Each Holographic series light has its own digital address and can as send data bi-directionally allowing up to 64 units to communicate down one bus to a single command centre. This allows you to remotely dim and turn off multiple scenes of lights or individual lights and request diagnostics of temperature, power consumption, run time etc.

Traditional cooling fans make way for the Nuventix Synjet, a revolutionary active cooling solution that produces turbulent jets of air across the heatsink. Using a frictionless oscillating magnetic diaphragm the Synjet delivers near silent cooling and a 200,000 hour lifespan. So not only is this superior to traditional cooling fans, it is also far more reliable and keeps your grow room whisper quiet.

Holographic series was named after the innovative new optical system. The multi stage optical system uses extremely
high optical transmission materials including a specially engineered micro structure optic (a Holographic Diffuser) which maintains light in the beam angle whilst producing a highly homogeneous spread of light. The optical system can be quickly and easily interchanged allowing you to adjust the beam angle to deliver the correct light intensity or spread requirement at any height restriction.

Can you do a without diffuser and with diffuser picture comparison to show us the difference? Have you tried the light meter for android to see what kind of lumens the light is putting out and different distances? Would be interesting to get some numbers if you have a phone and the time to do some experimenting. Could do similar to how you did the x distance from wall comparison, but tape the phone to the wall and see how different lights compare. Here is a link to the software if anyone is interested. Would also be interesting to know how much light is being soaked up by the diffuser, theres always some energy lost to devices like that!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=spaceware.lightmeter&hl=en

Looking fabulous tang, good work.
im surprised the ccb has stayed so squat but she looks lovely all the same.

new lighting unit looks smart, it'd be nice to get 5 or 10 to play with :)

Can you do a without diffuser and with diffuser picture comparison to show us the difference? Have you tried the light meter for android to see what kind of lumens the light is putting out and different distances? Would be interesting to get some numbers if you have a phone and the time to do some experimenting. Could do similar to how you did the x distance from wall comparison, but tape the phone to the wall and see how different lights compare. Here is a link to the software if anyone is interested. Would also be interesting to know how much light is being soaked up by the diffuser, theres always some energy lost to devices like that!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=spaceware.lightmeter&hl=en

If I could afford a spectrometer I would bro but there is no way I would trust an app on my 4 year old iphone4 lol.
Will take a comparison pic tomorrow bro as I've been swallowed by my sofa after doing some Cheese dabs.

Back