New Grower Tangie’matic, Ripley’s OG, Stilton Special

Froot n Fuel

Party On AFN
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Ripley's OG
:shooty: howdy partners

appreciate anyone stopping by and reading, this is something like thread number 10,672 in this here New Growers forum so thanks for clickin' on mine.

for a little more about me and my reasons for starting my own garden, here's my introduction;
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/time-for-change.66427/

i debated starting a journal for several reasons, but in the end i've decided it will be beneficial for both me and the girls, and perhaps it might even help others, just as so many journals here, old and new, have helped me to have a bloody good go at this myself. i'd be here all day shouting out individual growers that i've borderline stalked over the past 6 months or more, so i'll just say thank you to everyone who's detailed their grows past or present; it's been truly inspirational to this passionate smoker.

enough rambling! here's what i'm up to;

Lights - 4 x 55w Citizen 3500K CLU048
Extraction - 6" Presh Hyper Fan and Rhino Pro carbon filter - not yet installed
Fan - Secret Jardin Monkey Fan 15w
Medium - Plagron Lightmix Soil
Nutrients - AN Bloom A&B, Voodoo Juice, Carboload, Overdrive and Density CalMag Pro. Will look in to some kind of "finisher" once that becomes a nice problem to consider.
12L Air Pruning Pots
Grow Space - 120cm x 50cm x 180cm

Strain line up:
Creme De La Chem
Sour Livers
Double Grape

very excited to finally try some Mephisto genetics after reading countless reviews of their stuff.

One of each seed was germinated just over a week ago and a couple of days later the Double Grape was first out of the gates. The next day, the Sour Livers popped up, and lastly the CDLC.

afn4.png

Double Grape at day 5 - she's stretchy. cobs made out to be so powerful i ran them too high up and on maybe 30% strength for fear of damaging the fragile seedlings. I have since lowered to 40 cm above the pots, and up to 60% strength. stretching stopped, but leaf development not quite as rapid as I hoped, and whilst my pictures are indeed pants, you should note the paler yellow of the new growth. i noted it! no idea why it's happening at such a young age though?

afn2.png

Sour Livers Day 4 - let her stretch a bit too :nono: and she exhibits the brighter growth more than the others.

afn3.png

CDLC Day 3 - slower seed to pop, slightly steadier pushing through the soil. lights were lowered before she managed to give us a wave, so she's not stretchy. less yellow than the others too.

any comments, criticism, bad jokes etc are very welcome. i haven't grown anything other than my hair so i'm genuinely surprised i had three seeds and i now have three seedlings.

:dancer:

nice set up and seed selection :thumbsup: 6" fan could come in handy as my sour livers was a stinker :biggrin:
maybe another lil circulation fan for when they get a bit taller.1st beginner mistake avoided,you didnt go digging for seeds :thumbsup:
seedlings can look a bit funky,an ugly duckling thing.with only one showing it out of three,and with all things being the same,it should grow out of it in a day or two.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Hey dude, fellow UK grower here. Looks like you've done your home work, nice set up and great genetics to get you going... you may need another small 6" fan or 2 later on in flower

Jumping on in for the ride

giphy44.gif

nice set up and seed selection :thumbsup: 6" fan could come in handy as my sour livers was a stinker :biggrin:
maybe another lil circulation fan for when they get a bit taller.1st beginner mistake avoided,you didnt go digging for seeds :thumbsup:
seedlings can look a bit funky,an ugly duckling thing.with only one showing it out of three,and with all things being the same,it should grow out of it in a day or two.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

thanks man, i delayed several times to hold out for the best gear i could get. if i'd have gone with the original 4 or 5" stuff i'd have already installed it, but this thing is way overkill for the space imo and has created much more work to get it all to fit...but should be worth the effort if it can contain the Livers! :fire:

Hey dude, fellow UK grower here. Looks like you've done your home work, nice set up and great genetics to get you going... you may need another small 6" fan or 2 later on in flower

Jumping on in for the ride

View attachment 952024

'sup dude, nice to meechya :cool1:

i'm not too sure how it came about, be it a random result from Google or a great destiny forged millennia ago :pass:, but yours was the first journal i read word-for-word and without doubt has been one helluva influence throughout all stages that have brought us here. would i have got drawn in to autoflowers without your journals? possibly, but not this fast! my choice of lights was determined from your upgrades - i remember being really impressed with what you achieved with blurples and had planned to go that route too, then you built your cobs and they were dynamite bro :thumbsup:

really hyped you stopped by. thanks for the journals, knowledge and all around good fricking vibes you bring, friend.

afn5.gif

Plants look good...You’ll be one happy camper come harvest time...You got a bad ass line up of seeds...Better get that fan and filter set up you got some stinkers there from what I’ve read!!!
I’m subbed!!!

welcome man, great to have you. your journal is next level, dude - insane for a first grow if you ask me. i picked up some good strains for sure, but there's just so much choice from Meph. have a second basket filled already, just awaiting the return of Ripley to add to it!
you also have a wicked deck collection - skated for over a decade in my youth and still live that life even though the knees gave up years ago!

thanks for checking out the grow, much appreciated.
:pass:

Nice setup and some good choices on strains. Really enjoyed my Double Grape grow so will be popping in to check how things keep going for you.

:d5: thank you!
you journal your Grape? i'd love to have a read! :coffee:

Day 7 for the eldest - I did take photos but they are not really worth sharing - there's growth but it's certainly steady. Livers is about to overtake the DG whom has light signs of stress - just a little wrinkled and droopier than the others. She's getting a tad less direct cob light but hesitant to raise too much as the others look content. Keeping the cupboard doors open for several hours a day whilst waiting for me to get the extraction fitted - i fear there's not much air flow in that little space at the moment. will get extraction fitted this weekend and see how much it varies the environment - it's been sitting at 23-24 degrees and 70 rh since the cob got switched on.

thanks man, i delayed several times to hold out for the best gear i could get. if i'd have gone with the original 4 or 5" stuff i'd have already installed it, but this thing is way overkill for the space imo and has created much more work to get it all to fit...but should be worth the effort if it can contain the Livers! :fire:

'sup dude, nice to meechya :cool1:

i'm not too sure how it came about, be it a random result from Google or a great destiny forged millennia ago :pass:, but yours was the first journal i read word-for-word and without doubt has been one helluva influence throughout all stages that have brought us here. would i have got drawn in to autoflowers without your journals? possibly, but not this fast! my choice of lights was determined from your upgrades - i remember being really impressed with what you achieved with blurples and had planned to go that route too, then you built your cobs and they were dynamite bro :thumbsup:

really hyped you stopped by. thanks for the journals, knowledge and all around good fricking vibes you bring, friend.

welcome man, great to have you. your journal is next level, dude - insane for a first grow if you ask me. i picked up some good strains for sure, but there's just so much choice from Meph. have a second basket filled already, just awaiting the return of Ripley to add to it!
you also have a wicked deck collection - skated for over a decade in my youth and still live that life even though the knees gave up years ago!

thanks for checking out the grow, much appreciated.
:pass:

:d5: thank you!
you journal your Grape? i'd love to have a read! :coffee:

Day 7 for the eldest - I did take photos but they are not really worth sharing - there's growth but it's certainly steady. Livers is about to overtake the DG whom has light signs of stress - just a little wrinkled and droopier than the others. She's getting a tad less direct cob light but hesitant to raise too much as the others look content. Keeping the cupboard doors open for several hours a day whilst waiting for me to get the extraction fitted - i fear there's not much air flow in that little space at the moment. will get extraction fitted this weekend and see how much it varies the environment - it's been sitting at 23-24 degrees and 70 rh since the cob got switched on.
Oh wow! You actually read that!!! Thanks for the kind words fams I appreciate that!!!:cheers:

Update time, unfortunately very little to report. All three seem stuck in a rut, with very little growth showing over the past 3-4 days. Really struggling to push out a second set of leaves on all three strains. Here's some pics;

afn6.JPG

Above is the CDLC, day 6-7.

afn7.jpg

Sour Livers Day 8 - happiest looking, less yellow than she was, but super slow.

afn8.jpg

Double Grape - that second set of leaves has barely done anything for three days. two established leaves haven't grown much if at all either. she didn't like the cob as close as the others, it's currently approx 50cm above the plants at around 60% power.

I know seedlings are rather dull to watch, but i've taken pics each morning for the last three days for comparison and they tell a pretty sorry story at the moment.

Temps have dropped, average is 22 degrees.
Humidity between 62 - 72.
Doors open several hours a day to ensure air is circulated in the cupboard.
Maximum of 50ml of water, approx every three days. Water is tap water, left out for 24-48 hours. Water Ph is 7.2. Purposely been very stringent with water - too stringent?! Soil is moist if i dig a cm down, but i've never soaked.

All three are barely making any progress day to day but I have no idea why they're so shy.
First feed due for the DG tomorrow but she doesn't look ready.

Help and advice much appreciated.

:shrug:

Back