Photoperiod Subtropical perpetual outdoor guerilla grow with Connoisseur Genetics: crosses of Neville's Haze, Thai, SSSDHaze, Mullumbimby, Kariba

Day 124 -- from sprouting!

5 days since last visit and post.
Warm very sunny weather.
Highs from 21C-25C.
No rain at all.
RH around 45% midday, maybe 70% overnight.
Perfect flowering weather!

Building Two:

2 X Grail Project NH18 x MM pheno 1
(reg) = (NH18 x MM pheno 1) x (NH21 x MML Male) (12-16 weeks)
In a 15L pot.
Last pollination day 69, 50 days / 7+ weeks ago.

Miss Grail (NLD pheno) -- Day 124 = 42V + 84F:

PXL_20240216_085208445.MP.jpg

PXL_20240216_085213262.jpg

PXL_20240216_085219500.jpg

She's still ticking along nicely, thank you.
Getting a bit fox-taily up top in a good way, more new pistils and flowers showing.
Still a few weeks away, so I'll just let her fade out naturally.

Miss Grail (indica pheno): Harvested Day 112 = 32V + 80F

Drying nicely due to the weather.
Dry enough to smoke, but leaving her a bit longer.
Lots of those seeds popping out into the laundry bag.

2 X Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil (fem) = Swiss Thai Nevil 1 clone X SSSDH OJD cut Reversed (10-12 weeks?)
In a big 20L pot.
Last pollination day 69, 57 days / 8+ weeks ago.

PXL_20240216_085011689.jpg

Today's photo from a different angle so you can see both of them.
Big Miss on the left, Little Miss on the right.
Big Miss is kind of chunky now, and Little Miss is really chunky -- from a distance.

Now... if you're like me, you're going to think: mold!
But, looking closely, I'm really not sure.
Kind of like it, dried dead material up top.
But no signs of actual moldy growth on it.
And it's been very dry and quite warm.
I think it may just be dryness, like a kind of burn.

Thought about that back and forth, and made the big decision:
No chop!
Leave her and check again early next week.
Weather will still be very warm and dry for these few days.

Big Miss SSSTN: Day 124 = 32V + 92F

PXL_20240216_085016881.jpg

PXL_20240216_085022624.jpg

She's also starting to get a little fade, yellowing of the older leaves.
Another sign she's almost ready.
Her sister is still dark green, so it's not a lack of N in the medium.

Little Miss SSSTN: Day 124 = 63V(?) + 61F

PXL_20240216_085027422.jpg

PXL_20240216_085034247.jpg

Namo Shivaya!

Fun, fun, fun!

Love and hugs,
~MJS

Day 129 -- from sprouting!

5 days since last visit and post.
Warm very sunny weather.
Highs from 25C-28C.
No rain at all.
RH around 70% midday, up to 95% overnight!
Temps and sun are great, but the humidity has been a big concern!

Building Two:

2 X Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil (fem) = Swiss Thai Nevil 1 clone X SSSDH OJD cut Reversed (10-12 weeks?)

In a big 20L pot.
Last pollination day 69, 62 days / 8+ weeks ago.

PXL_20240221_003743205.jpg

Definite multiple instances of botrytis.
Most of them are quite small, but they are here and there.
On both the big and smaller SSSTN plants.

Big Miss SSSTN: HARVEST Day 129 = 32V + 97F

Therefore, chop time!
Otherwise would have liked to leave her a bit longer.
Though, day 97 is a day short of 14 weeks.

PXL_20240221_003747800.jpg

I removed the small botrytis affected areas by hand.
Damn my fingers got sticky, hahahaha!!!

PXL_20240221_003752733.jpg

Still plenty of lovely juicy flower left after that, so don't worry!

PXL_20240221_003756418.MP.jpg

I cut her down using the saw blade on my Victorinox pocket knife.
Had to saw away there for quite a while.
I note that in some other threads of SSSTN grows, people say they are thin stemmed.
True, they aren't thick, but mine were very strong.
I think plenty of wind at this outdoor site strengthened her up.

I took the drying Grail (indica pheno) from the laundry bag
Lots of seed with that, too.

Then cut the two seeded branches from SSSTN (from Mr ThaiFrican father) and bagged them.
Need to catch the seeds from that cross, as this girl looks so good up to this point (testing pending).
Left a big lower branch and some small lower fluff on the main stem, see what happens with them!
The rest of the plant I just hung upside down, no trim.

PXL_20240221_004121871.jpg

Back behind her inside is the Little Miss SSSTN.
She's getting very bulky very quickly.

The last Grail (NLD pheno) also had a couple of tiny spots of botrytis.
Removed, but may need to cut her soon as well.
Pity, because she's still definitely putting out fresh pistils and needs a few more weeks.
Today would be day ... 89 (almost 13 weeks).
Okay, close to OJD's note of 12-16 weeks, and isn't too crazy early to be honest, just start of harvest window.

Namo Shivaya!

Fun, fun, fun!

Love and hugs,
~MJS

Hola @Bob's Auto's -- thanks for the love bombs!
Any thoughts after reading the whole journal?
Very different from your grows I see, climate, strains, seasons.

Hola @Bob's Auto's -- thanks for the love bombs!
Any thoughts after reading the whole journal?
Very different from your grows I see, climate, strains, seasons.
You are very welcome!! :bighug:
Well when I was reading the thread I thought to myself why o why doesn't Shiva pull that top down with some cord. That would certainly make the plants less visible, but then a few pages further you already did that, so kudoz on you my friend 👌

My interest in Sativa recently got spiked by another member here on the forum. Don't want to jinx it 🤞, but hopefully soon I'll be receiving some seeds from a genuine landrace strain cultivar from the south of India. We just don't know the real source, but this got me so interested I've been looking up all the info I can about Indian Sativa's. This blew my mind, as with all the different climates there are in India, the amount of different cultivars is endless, but also very visible differences are noticeable. Going from North to South and East to West!

But to come back to your thread...I loved watching them plants grow so superfast, lol. even though in real time they took so long to grow to perfection. I hope you had fun smoking these and wished I was there to enjoy one with you. When I was younger I loved me so good Sativa, Haze mainly. But in recent years it was giving me to much of twitching in the chest and palpitations in the hart region so I stopped growing them and switched over to Indica's or hybrids as they are more couch locky. But I do miss the trippy effect they had. Had so many discussions with Karel from SSSC about the subject...Man does he love his Sativa's :cheers:

While I was doing my research for my upcoming White Widow breeding project I found out that WW is actually more Sativa then it is Indica and contrary to popular belief the Sativa came from India. I love me some guuuud White Widow. So this planted the Sativa seed back into my head. When the Indian seeds got suggested to me I started the whole I LOVE SATIVA quest and that seed inside my head sprouted. Now I'm already dreaming of first finding out what is the source of those seeds is and using them to make something unique with some Indica mixed in as a pure Sativa wouldn't fair well in my climate...I'm +50°N so growing a pure Sativa in my region outside (greenhouse) will be a complete disaster, but using the genetics to temper it down a bit and going from a +18 week flower to let's say 11-12 weeks might work where I'm at. Also my tent is way to small to get a pure Sativa to a perfect finish like yours did. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

You are very welcome!! :bighug:
Well when I was reading the thread I thought to myself why o why doesn't Shiva pull that top down with some cord. That would certainly make the plants less visible, but then a few pages further you already did that, so kudoz on you my friend 👌

My interest in Sativa recently got spiked by another member here on the forum. Don't want to jinx it 🤞, but hopefully soon I'll be receiving some seeds from a genuine landrace strain cultivar from the south of India. We just don't know the real source, but this got me so interested I've been looking up all the info I can about Indian Sativa's. This blew my mind, as with all the different climates there are in India, the amount of different cultivars is endless, but also very visible differences are noticeable. Going from North to South and East to West!

But to come back to your thread...I loved watching them plants grow so superfast, lol. even though in real time they took so long to grow to perfection. I hope you had fun smoking these and wished I was there to enjoy one with you. When I was younger I loved me so good Sativa, Haze mainly. But in recent years it was giving me to much of twitching in the chest and palpitations in the hart region so I stopped growing them and switched over to Indica's or hybrids as they are more couch locky. But I do miss the trippy effect they had. Had so many discussions with Karel from SSSC about the subject...Man does he love his Sativa's :cheers:

While I was doing my research for my upcoming White Widow breeding project I found out that WW is actually more Sativa then it is Indica and contrary to popular belief the Sativa came from India. I love me some guuuud White Widow. So this planted the Sativa seed back into my head. When the Indian seeds got suggested to me I started the whole I LOVE SATIVA quest and that seed inside my head sprouted. Now I'm already dreaming of first finding out what is the source of those seeds is and using them to make something unique with some Indica mixed in as a pure Sativa wouldn't fair well in my climate...I'm +50°N so growing a pure Sativa in my region outside (greenhouse) will be a complete disaster, but using the genetics to temper it down a bit and going from a +18 week flower to let's say 11-12 weeks might work where I'm at. Also my tent is way to small to get a pure Sativa to a perfect finish like yours did. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Hi Bob!
Short response for now: check out La Buena Hierba, he has some great sativa/hazes acclimatized for northern European outdoor grows. We had a little group journal over here:
As for Indian, are you looking at the Kerala? The Real Seed Company is a great source for landraces!

Day 135 -- from sprouting!

6 days since last visit and post.
Really bad weather, down to 12C during the day, below 10C at night.
Fog, cloud, mist, and some light rain.
Humidity from 80% to 90% or more...

Really wanted to check the girls in this weather, those growing and those harvested.
Only just made it at dusk, in a rush.
Skinned my knuckles going in, and cut open my finger coming out.

Pro tip: don't grab the long grass when you're sliding down the jungle hill, it cuts like a knife!

Building Two:

PXL_20240227_094241948.jpg

Left pot is the SSSTN. Main chunky is 'Little Miss', but the cola on the right is the lower branch of the mostly harvested 'Big Miss'.
Right pot is the last NLD pheno of the Grail Project NH x MM.

2 X Grail Project NH18 x MM pheno 1 (reg) = (NH18 x MM pheno 1) x (NH21 x MML Male) (12-16 weeks)
In a 15L pot.
Last pollination day 69, 50 days / 7+ weeks ago.

Indica pheno is in the jar, but NLD pheno had a touch of botrytis, so I was worried...

Miss Grail (NLD pheno) -- Day 135 = 42V + 93F:

PXL_20240227_094259097.jpg

Just when I thought she was maybe finishing off, she's still putting out quite a lot more fresh pistils.
Over 13 weeks flowering already, within OJD's range of 12-16 wks.
No more botritys than before, even in this weather, so I'm just going to leave her to do her thing!
Foxtail girl, this one, pretty sativa haze lady.

In a big 20L pot.
Last pollination day 69, 57 days / 8+ weeks ago.

Big Miss SSSTN: Harvested Day 129 = 32V + 97F

In this weather, was also worried about drying of the harvested Big Miss.
She's fine, though, hanging there.
Slightly drying, no surprise in this humidity, but no rot or mold.
She's lost more color though, even in poor light (sunset in maybe 15 minutes...) she is a shade of gold now.
Still need to keep an eye on her drying process.
Need some sunny dry days at this point!

Little Miss SSSTN: Day 135 = 63V(?) + 72F

(Had another photo but it's too big -- use your imagination!)
PXL_20240227_094253678.jpg

Big puffy buds, looking chunky but very airy, let the airflow and keep the mold away!
The tiny mold she had before has not come back after I removed it.
She's only at week 10+, and the Big Miss came down at almost week 14, so I'll just let her go and do her thing.

Quite a few male flowers popping here and there, but I don't care.
When the ThaiFrican male was ready she had barely shown a single pistil, so she didn't get pollinated then.
Some selfed seed would be interesting.
But unless she changes a lot in these next few weeks, she really doesn't look as wonderful as her Big Miss sister.

Though I often practice: No (flowering) plant left behind!

In the end, glad that the drying and flowering is doing okay in this crap weather.
A couple of warmer days coming, but then cold again...
Perhaps early next week will show some sun and lower humidity.
At least finish off the drying, even if these last two girls are not ready for harvest by then.

Namo Shivaya!

Fun, fun, fun!

Love and hugs,
~MJS

As SSSTN Big Girl has been hanging for the past 10 days, trying, rather unsuccessfully, to dry.

This is before trimming.
PXL_20240302_013716049.MP.jpg
PXL_20240302_013723565.MP.jpg
PXL_20240302_013733482.jpg
PXL_20240302_013738809.jpg

Trim away all the nasty stuff, and good stuff that was too close to the nasty stuff.
PXL_20240302_020845842.jpg

It's a pity, but it must be done.
The good stuff is in the jars.
Big jar on left is the sensimilla (maybe a couple of seeds in there). This jar is packed fairly tight.
Small jar on the right is the seeded flower from the lower branches pollinated by Mr ThaiFrican.
PXL_20240302_020841934.jpg

The very top of the big main cola of the Little SSSTN lady.
She had a touch of rot right where the branch joins the main stem of the plant.
It was going to rot out and fall on the ground.
So the top came down, a couple of weeks too soon...
What I cut off was quite a bit longer than what you see in the pic.
PXL_20240302_021412038.jpg
PXL_20240302_021417060.jpg

I cut this top down into individual nuggets / balls of flower.
Into the laundry bag to dry.

Om namah shivaya!

Back