Photoperiod Subtropical perpetual outdoor guerilla grow with Connoisseur Genetics: crosses of Neville's Haze, Thai, SSSDHaze, Mullumbimby, Kariba

The flowers from the Grail (indica pheno) and most of SSSTN are now at another site.
The SSSTN flower is going through the last drying before jarring and a cure.
The SSSTN is very very sticky, just sticks everywhere to everything.
Aromas moved from fruity (maybe mango and apple?) with cedar / sandalwood, to a bit like dried fruits and paint thinner, and now has lingering fruit and spicy notes.
This will continue to evolve in flavors and aromas I'm sure as time progresses.

Just the rest (most of) SSSTN Little Girl and Grail (NLD pheno) to go.

Already planning the next grow: spring to summer.
Should be starting this weekend!

:bighug:Maria luv, an interesting grow venture this round! ....I'll be back later, off to work now but I spotted this and had to peek :cool1:

:bighug:Maria luv, an interesting grow venture this round! ....I'll be back later, off to work now but I spotted this and had to peek :cool1:
Hola @Waira my old grow-bro. :bighug:
Noticed you had stopped by.
These Thai / Neville's / Hazes are so much crazy loopy fun.
You just know I'm thinking how to make an auto version, right?!
How about your grows?
Where's your outdoor journal from last summer?
What's on the menu come spring?

You just know I'm thinking how to make an auto version, right?!
Check out SSSC's Auto Creeper. It's Sativa dominant and auto. You will need to use STS or CS to get some pollen from it though.

Check out SSSC's Auto Creeper. It's Sativa dominant and auto. You will need to use STS or CS to get some pollen from it though.

Hey there @Bob's Auto's !
How are you?
Thanks for the heads up on the SSSC Creeper.
Had SSSC in the corner of my eye for a while.
I'm sure they are fantastic, but to be honest, whenever the breeder keeps saying "dense" buds/nugs, I get worried.
If the finished flowers are dense and it takes 11-12 weeks, then it's going to have a fairly high indica content.
And for me that's very difficult at the end of flowering with average RH of 75% to 90%+ depending on the time of year.
You know what that combination spells...
So I'm usually looking at something that is 80%-100% sativa, ideally with a bit of landrace sativa (Southeast Asian, South Asian, African or Central American) in there, and flowering for maybe 12-16 weeks.
La Buena Hierba autos have a few like this, with his Original Haze, Neville's Haze, Thai, etc., sativa hybrid autos. And he has regs.
For me, the auto genes aren't for the shorter flowering, unlike growing in the UK, Canada, Northern Europe, where the season is so short.
It would probably be so that I can guerilla grow in semi-urban locations and not worry about light pollution.
But I need the sativa open flowering to prevent the nasty stuff in the rains, fog, mist.

helllo shiva:toke: i hope you are well very interesting grow to read through looking forward to hearing about the high :hookah:

Hey there Trich! I see your Trich Farm is just buzzing away as always!
I've been testing for a week or two now already.
Wanted to do a few scenarios before reporting to y'all.

Needless to say, these are very high quality sativa/haze genetics with that beautiful clear happy uplifting high and virtually no burnout on the way down.
The Grail (indica) pheno is wonderfully happy, friendly, sociable, but the even clearer SSSTN is still improving daily as she dries out properly and starts curing.

Hope to visit the garden later today.
See how those Little SSSTN buds are drying and how close the remainder of the plant is.
Along with the NLD haze-dom Grail Girl, as she starts to foxtail out now.

Hey there Trich! I see your Trich Farm is just buzzing away as always!
I've been testing for a week or two now already.
Wanted to do a few scenarios before reporting to y'all.

Needless to say, these are very high quality sativa/haze genetics with that beautiful clear happy uplifting high and virtually no burnout on the way down.
The Grail (indica) pheno is wonderfully happy, friendly, sociable, but the even clearer SSSTN is still improving daily as she dries out properly and starts curing.

Hope to visit the garden later today.
See how those Little SSSTN buds are drying and how close the remainder of the plant is.
Along with the NLD haze-dom Grail Girl, as she starts to foxtail out now.
i was watching a podcast from the breeders syndicate the other day and they had the breeder from next generation seeds on and he was saying that he breed all his stuff in Canada on Vancouver island and very mold resistant might be worth looking into if your after something more indica

i was watching a podcast from the breeders syndicate the other day and they had the breeder from next generation seeds on and he was saying that he breed all his stuff in Canada on Vancouver island and very mold resistant might be worth looking into if your after something more indica
Thank you, my friend!
That's worth checking out and keeping in mind.

Day 146 -- from sprouting!

11 Days since last photos + full report.
Weather was pretty horrible, cold, often wet.
Should normally be warmer, usually over 20C by now.
But it's been from 10C overnight to maybe 17C or 18C day.

Building Two:

2 X Grail Project NH18 x MM pheno 1
(reg) = (NH18 x MM pheno 1) x (NH21 x MML Male) (12-16 weeks)
In a 15L pot.
Last pollination day 69, 50 days / 7+ weeks ago.

Miss Grail (NLD pheno) -- Day 146 = 42V + 104F:

This later sativa/haze pheno had little touches of botrytis here and there throughout.
Not spreading much, but not surprising in this horrible weather.
So I cut her down, trimming each nugget off, and removed all the bad bits.
Maybe lost 20% or so in the end.
Pity, because she has a lovely shape.
Smells very fruity, a lot like the indica pheno, with a touch of citrus in there.
PXL_20240309_030828304.jpg

PXL_20240309_030833016.jpg
PXL_20240309_031130357.jpg

As the nugs went into the laundry drying bag, I removed what seeds I saw.
I confess that apart from the seeded lowers from the ThaiFrican cross, there were other seeds.
And I don't know if they are from the ThaiFrican pollen that just got blown around or from her brother (?) NH x MM x NH x MM that I left in the back of their pot.
And now those seeds are mixed.
Not ideal, but at least I know their mother, and the father is a heavy sativa / haze with some NHz at least.
PXL_20240309_032820310.jpg

Seed quality is very nice. Big, round, dark, mature.

2 X Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil (fem) = Swiss Thai Nevil 1 clone X SSSDH OJD cut Reversed (10-12 weeks?)
In a big 20L pot.
Last pollination day 69, 57 days / 8+ weeks ago.

PXL_20240309_030707248.jpg

The branch on the far right is actually the lower of the Big Miss SSSTN, at day 114 I think (16+ weeks)!
The rest is the Little Miss SSSTN in the back and left. The angle isn't great, but there's more to her than what you see here.

I cut down the last branch of the Big Miss and laundry bagged it after a very light trim.
Looks even stickier and juicier than the majority of the plant cut two weeks ago.
PXL_20240309_030744483.jpg

Little Miss SSSTN: Day 146 = 63V(?) + 83F

After removing the main top last visit the rest of the flower is pretty good.
Less hit than the Grail, I think partly because she is very fluffy and the calyxes are also small.
But still trimmed out the bad stuff.
PXL_20240309_030714236.jpg
PXL_20240309_030725321.jpg

She has a similar fragrance to the Big Miss SSSTN, but perhaps a little more citrus/lemon.
Certainly a fruit punch mix at this point, with faint paint thinner or acetone smells.
That's the flavors fresh on the plant and also coming from the drying buds cut last time.
The cut buds while being too early are still within a broad 'harvest window.'
In other words, they will be smokeable and have some value to them.

Namo Shivaya!

Fun, fun, fun!

Love and hugs,
~MJS

Back