Harvest & Curing Storage in Fridge?

Reaction score
Tried searching to no avail.

My house/attic (aka grow room) is hot in the summer. On my recent harvest, I did the lotus dry method in a mini fridge and it worked out great. It's been curing in Grove bags for the past month or so. Since my attic is regularly 77f+, I took the sealed grove bags to the main floor and let them cure closer to 70f.

However, my goal is to keep all grow/bud/etc. up in the attic to keep it out of the way of kiddos etc... the attic has AC, but I'm keeping it warmer for my tents to stay in high 70s for the current run.

Is it a bad idea to store (after the cure) grove bags in a mini fridge? Temp would be around 45f-50f. Not sure if that's better than storing the cured bags closer to 80f in the room itself.

Thanks for any advice!

Once my bud is cured, I jar it and store it in the freezer. I find it keeps very well in there. I don't store it long term in Grove Bags because in my experience, the bags eventually allow the bud to dry out excessively.

If you freeze bud, jars protect the trichs better than bags, just don't disturb the bud until the entire contents have fully thawed. I generally take a jar out of the freezer and leave it overnight before removing bud. Different strokes, though, I do not claim to be a connoisseur.:pighug:

I wouldn't put the grove bags in the fridge. You'll most likely suck the humidity right out of them. 80* isn't too bad at all, especially with risking totally dying them out. I wouldn't sweat it. Boveda pack in the grove bag and you'll be good for a year plus. If you want to run a test, I'd try the grove bags inside of a ziplock freezer bag in the mini fridge

I would be concerned that moisture would form in the groove bad after a while. When you close/seal your bag the air will have moisture in it. This could cause mold. I have containers from rubbermaid for strawberries/fruit that makes them last much longer. Everytime I open it there is water droplets inside the top of the lid. I have heard of folk use this technique to rehydrate their buds. Anything involving closing up with moisture other than short-term is not something I would do. If you do it I would turn the fridge temp up. Not sure how warm a fridge will work at tho, I would look for 60°f-65°f maybe 70°f. I have to be honest I would just turn my AC on up there. My tent is in laundry room downstairs where it's around 65°f-68°f, and inside my tent high temp 79°f low is 72° currently at 75°f. My light is only on 50% so it will get warmer. I don't think your tent temps will drop that much. Try it, turn your light on with the AC on and see what the high & low is after 24hrs. Then you will know for sure. Goodluck bud!

Stay lifted

:baked:

Thanks everyone - first time curing (and potentially storing for 6mos -1 year) in the grove bags. The insert that came with them said something like DO NOT store above 70 degrees, etc. so didn't know how much concern to pay to that. I agree fridge may not be a great idea for the bag storage (although I was very very pleasantly surprised by the Lotus cure in the mini fridge!).

I'll turn the AC down and find a happy medium for the tent/bud storage. Thanks all

Back