New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

Looked up symptoms and it appears the most likely cause is root rot or pythium which is a type of fast killing root rot fungus. So I guess I have to figure out how to deal with that. Just gonna let my pot dry out really well and look up fungicides for that.
Pictures? Hydrogen peroxide or hydroguard for root rot :thumbsup: Should be able to smell root rot if you stick your face down in there

Pictures? Hydrogen peroxide or hydroguard for root rot :thumbsup: Should be able to smell root rot if you stick your face down in there
I didnt take pictures unfortunately. I really should have. The only thing I can tell you is I watered with a plain watering, did a little defoliation before I tried to go to bed, and when icouldnt sleep I went and checked on it and every single leaf and bud had just gone completely flat and lifeless and the tips of the sugar leaves at the top were all black and completely dry. Also THE ONLY effected branch. Nothing else on the plant showing similar symptoms.

Idk if I would say the best. Im really interested in the gorilla grow tents because of the height extentions. Thats something ac infinity doesnt offer.

But for what you pay for ac infinity seemed well worth it. I did a bunch of research on tents, vivosun, mars hydro, and spider farmer. Originally I was gonna buy a complete kit. But I knew I wanted to possibly expand in the future and ac just seems to have the easiest user interface, along with functionality. So I purchased a 3x3 tent, with a 6in exhaust and filter, and a 4x4 light. So when I upgrade I can buy a cheaper light and exhaust system for the 3x3 and just by the tent for the 4x4. Plus the added par values of running the oversized light helps keep power consumption down during veg and early flower. The ac 3x3 kit comes with a 4" exhaust and filter

Since Im running everything I'll break it down by component starting with the tent

3x3x6 is what I have. I know they say their tent poles are yadda% thicker or whatever. But they are like the standard hollow tubes with spring loaded pins to keep everything together. They are sturdy though, I pulled my tent with plants in it all over the basement amd I never felt like it was gonna break. Reflective walls are just about as good as they get with the material all companies use so theres nothing to complain about there. As far as my first tent I could not be happier. Mine isnt the newest though the newer had a side door. Thats the only thing I wish I had for ease of access during defoliation and watering

The light I will admit I was iffy about. Its their 400w 4x4 version and were relatively new to the lighting scene. I went with it anyway cuz I wanted it to eork with everything and the stats were a little better than most lights in its range and you can see the results for yourself

The exhaust fan is great too I upgraded from the reccomended 4 to the 6 inch for my set up just cuz I wanted to run quieter at lower powers. My tent as full as it is has never gone above 60% power. Nothing more to say about this. Its definitely serving is purpose.

Filters are gonna be a toss up they are well made and any filter you choose will work as long as you're operating in its specifications.

6" clip fan is great as well. Like all ac electronics it can be plugged into their controller for even more control options than manual use. Moves a lot of air at full speed

The controller 69 is what makes ac infinity shine in my opinion. Their individual products are good, above average actually but when paired with the controller 69, either Bluetooth or wifi version makes everything 10fold better. Im not kidding either, you can run individual programs for each of the 4 possible connected devices. Set things to either ramp up or ramp down when conditions aren't favorable in the tent depending on the needs, including the light (controlled by temp/humidity thresholds). Also gives you graphs on temp, humidity and vpd conditions with readings taken once every 15 seconds. Honestly its the best complete kit you can buy in my opinion for the money spent in my opinion. You get everything you need to grow including 5-5gal grow bags.
thanks -- great information !! Yea ! Gorilla tents are very good -to bad that gorilla and infinity can't combine their "wares" height is really a very big thing with tents - bet many regret buying thents because they are too small - the controller sound very good - If you had it over to DO again - what diferences would you make ? Again thanks !!

thanks -- great information !! Yea ! Gorilla tents are very good -to bad that gorilla and infinity can't combine their "wares" height is really a very big thing with tents - bet many regret buying thents because they are too small - the controller sound very good - If you had it over to DO again - what diferences would you make ? Again thanks !!
No problem man. Im always happy to let people know about what im using.

@JP1

Came home to another branch same situation
20230115_073413.jpg

@JP1

Came home to another branch same situation
View attachment 1556026
What you’re seeing could be a possible sign of lack of light below your canopy. When there isn’t adequate light underneath your canopy you’ll start seeing foliage and budsites turn lime green and start to die off. A good leaf strip and a little clean up down there would be beneficial to your crop and help out with your overall yield.
Other than that your plants look fantastic. :thumbsup:

What you’re seeing could be a possible sign of lack of light below your canopy. When there isn’t adequate light underneath your canopy you’ll start seeing foliage and budsites turn lime green and start to die off. A good leaf strip and a little clean up down there would be beneficial to your crop and help out with your overall yield.
Other than that your plants look fantastic. :thumbsup:
Thanks. Will be attempting to clear out some foliage in the morning, might be pretty close to harvesting my auto as well. So I got a lot to do in the morning

If I had to do it over again Id still go with ac infinity. Best bang for your buck, and it includes everything where other companies have variations on kits that may include the basics, but missing key things like a timer for the lights or it has everything but the light. For me ac infinity has everything, and theres no wondering if you got everything you need besides dirt food and seeds.

If I had to do it over again Id still go with ac infinity. Best bang for your buck, and it includes everything where other companies have variations on kits that may include the basics, but missing key things like a timer for the lights or it has everything but the light. For me ac infinity has everything, and theres no wondering if you got everything you need besides dirt food and seeds.
I'm sold ___thanks

Back